Video: Black tourist taken off the street in Pattaya for not having his passport

webfact

7 minutes ago, Boby O said:

"BLACK TOURIST TAKEN OFF THE STREET IN PATTAYA FOR NOT HAVING HIS PASSPORT" 

This headline tell me that every black man has to be looking over his shoulder wondering when he is going to be stop, and ask for his passport. This a racist act and Thailand will get into trouble if this continues. " The passport is a valuable item and should be safe guarded at all times and there are many pick pockets in Thailand, and should you lose your passport, there is a lot of interrogation will be put though before you can get another one. " There were three men without passports, but you only shown the black as the headline. That tells me and others that you only want European, and other Asia countries in Thailand, so they can do as they please with mafia actions without any recourse of actions. 

This Thai men on Black men will not last very long, one day you will challenge the wrong Black man and he will let all the News Media in America and especially CNN who will show how treat Black men in your country. This will cause a change in how Thai people are treated in America.  There are thousands of Thai people in America, and not are welcome. When an American is not being treated fairly in another country we American stick together to make it right.

These are African people who are being targeted , they are not Americans 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Boby O said:

"BLACK TOURIST TAKEN OFF THE STREET IN PATTAYA FOR NOT HAVING HIS PASSPORT" 

This headline tell me that every black man has to be looking over his shoulder wondering when he is going to be stop, and ask for his passport. This a racist act and Thailand will get into trouble if this continues. " The passport is a valuable item and should be safe guarded at all times and there are many pick pockets in Thailand, and should you lose your passport, there is a lot of interrogation will be put though before you can get another one. " There were three men without passports, but you only shown the black as the headline. That tells me and others that you only want European, and other Asia countries in Thailand, so they can do as they please with mafia actions without any recourse of actions. 

This Thai men on Black men will not last very long, one day you will challenge the wrong Black man and he will let all the News Media in America and especially CNN who will show how treat Black men in your country. This will cause a change in how Thai people are treated in America.  There are thousands of Thai people in America, and not are welcome. When an American is not being treated fairly in another country we American stick together to make it right.

One of the nicest-and well educated-people I ever met in Thailand was from the Cameroons..

An English teacher.,.a cultured gentleman and very good company for my wife,family and I on the day.

Where ever you are my friend,may you go in peace.

Simples - In another country, you abide by the rules. You carry your passport with you OR like me, you carry a photocopy of your Passport main Page and visa details. I have lived here for 7 years and have been asked to show my Passport once. I showed copies of full details on the size of a Credit Card. It was accepted. I have been in Law enforcement for 40 years and if I was the Police or Immigration Officer and the hotel was close by I would have returned to the Hotel to check his Passport and details. Job done. But of course, some people do not "Give a Monkeys" and think they know best!! It would be interesting to know the final result of this case!

8 hours ago, Boby O said:

This Thai men on Black men will not last very long, one day you will challenge the wrong Black man and he will let all the News Media in America and especially CNN who will show how treat Black men in your country.

You can be sure they'd back off at the first moment it became clear he's from either the US or Europe. 

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You can be sure they'd back off at the first moment it became clear he's from either the US or Europe. 

That's a little like telling a Rohingya with US citizenship not to be concerned about visiting Myanmar, isn't it? Racial profiling of tourists creates an unwelcoming, if not hostile, environment for all non-white visitors to the Kingdom, regardless of nationality.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

That's a little like telling a Rohingya with US citizenship not to be concerned about visiting Myanmar, isn't it? Racial profiling of tourists creates an unwelcoming, if not hostile, environment for all non-white visitors to the Kingdom, regardless of nationality.

It helps if you aren't a drug selling Nigerian as well which is why, I suspect, that racial profiling is being done.

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

That's a little like telling a Rohingya with US citizenship not to be concerned about visiting Myanmar, isn't it? 

Yes, though it's more overtly racist than that as it's 100% based on skin colour. A Rohingya would be much harder to identify in this way. 

These are African people who are being targeted , they are not Americans 
It helps if you aren't a drug selling Nigerian as well which is why, I suspect, that racial profiling is being done.
No it doesn't. I was stopped and surrounded by 4 officers who blatantly walked past other white skinned fellows. This was in Bangkok nowhere near Nana and definitely far from Pattaya. Most would say my accent is very British English however it wasn't until I switched to Thai that I was allowed to go on my way.

And then last week my (7th in a row) Non B Visa extension was rejected until i supply a letter from the police stating that I am not a criminal as well as all original verified docs no photocopies allowed. In itself not a problem but it would have been nice to have advance warning.

My lawyer was expressly told the "roots" cause of the problem

Sent from my SM-N960F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, 2unique said:

No it doesn't. I was stopped and surrounded by 4 officers who blatantly walked past other white skinned fellows. This was in Bangkok nowhere near Nana and definitely far from Pattaya. Most would say my accent is very British English however it wasn't until I switched to Thai that I was allowed to go on my way.
And then last week my (7th in a row) Non B Visa extension was rejected until i supply a letter from the police stating that I am not a criminal as well as all original verified docs no photocopies allowed. In itself not a problem but it would have been nice to have advance warning.

That does kind of prove my point , once the Police realised that you were legitimate , they let you go on your way .

The RTP probably can not differentiate between accents .

Regarding the visa extension rules , those are the rules for everyone 

24 minutes ago, 2unique said:

How is this not a problem ? getting original docs certified and sent over here and a police report could take weeks or even months

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, johng said:

He says  his passport is in his bag at the hotel  which is "just there"...

and "no I don't walk with my passport at this time"

So why on earth they dragged him off to immigration  instead of going to the "just over there" hotel room to look in his bag ?????????

Where does it say that he was taken to Immigration?  He may well have been taken to his hotel but as he did say to the officers, "ok, lets go to Immigration", I would not have blamed them for taking him there!

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, balo said:
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, johng said:

So why on earth they dragged him off to immigration  instead of going to the "just over there" hotel room to look in his bag ?????????

The first post says his passport is " elsewhere". Doesn't have to be his hotel room.

In the video in the first post (the OP) he clearly says that it is in his hotel.

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Makes absolutely no sense.

Racial/skin color profiling for whites, non whites whatever is and will always occur here and in many countries.

What you think is happening when you drive up to a traffic check point here and everyone goes past but you are stopped, because of your white falang skin?? 

That does kind of prove my point , once the Police realised that you were legitimate , they let you go on your way .
   The RTP probably can not differentiate between accents .
Regarding the visa extension rules , those are the rules for everyone 
Nowhere does it say you need the original documentation. It is very rare you would give original tax or SSO receipts

On 10/18/2018 at 9:27 AM, johng said:

because he said clearly  "Okay!! Lets go to Immigration!!!"   thats why they "Dragged" him Off .............when the 'man' talks to you, you speak in a civil manner, you don;t get excited and yell at them, challenge their authority, you will lose everytime.....in American, you'll get shot doing that.......it's all Yes Sir, No Sir, three bags full when dealing with the man.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:49 AM, newnative said:

Round me up.  I don't normally carry my passport, either.  

...........throwing down the gauntlet hey??  I carry an passport that expired five years ago, all they want to see is a passport with your picture on it.  It may be expired, but it is still identification.  Now a folded up copy of your Visa stamp is always helpful as well.  Have been stopped a few times, expired pspt always worked for me.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:24 PM, whitemouse said:

Also, stopping a black man is no more racist than stopping and detaining Lao citizen during same raid, maybe we should not see racism lurking behind every corner, black guy is obviously not Thai, good enough reason for Immigration to stop and ask passport, just like they ask  whites, Asians and Marsians.

Marsians?

marsian.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

To add some balance to some of the silliness posted. Scrutiny is continuing.

Just today, local businesses were attended and anyone without original passports on their person were carted off to the police station.

Copies were not accepted.

I don't know if it was because there was not enough info on the photocopy, but they were only let go when the originals were brought to the station.

So it's not a 'black' thing. 

So those of who who spend time gloating at the misfortune of others need be careful.

For the time being, carry your passport or make sure a friend has access to it should you need it.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:13 PM, bkk6060 said:

Makes absolutely no sense.

Racial/skin color profiling for whites, non whites whatever is and will always occur here and in many countries.

What you think is happening when you drive up to a traffic check point here and everyone goes past but you are stopped, because of your white falang skin?? 

never happened to me, they look at the tax sticker and wave me through, in 13 years I've only had to show my driving license once and the only time I show my passport is at the IO but I don't live in BKK.

• 1 month later...

Being black if you are unlucky to be near the crime scene where other black guy committed a crime you probably have a hard time if you resemble someone because of your height and body size.

Being black itself is a death sentence in parts of America, you don't stand a chance in court.

Archived