American tourist in rock-climbing fall dies in ICU

snoop1130

American tourist in rock-climbing fall dies in ICU

By Tavee Adam

1539860817_1-org.jpg

American tourist died of American Priell Schmalbach, originally from Florida, fell while rock climbing at Railay Beach, Ao Nang in Krabi (pictured). Photo: Koshy Koshy / Flickr

PHUKET:-- Police have confirmed that the American man who fell while rock climbing at Railay Beach on on Tuesday (Oct 16) has died from his injuries.

American Priell Schmalbach, originally from Florida, fell while rock climbing at Railay Beach, Ao Nang in Krabi.

He was recovered from the scene unconscious, never to wake again.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/american-tourist-in-rock-climbing-fall-dies-in-icu-69025.php#w2MlPM7FgKAAXL9X.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-10-18

Perhaps a life wasted, but not nessesarily a wasted life.

climbers embrace life... revel in life... and “they” say your never more alive than when facing death.

anyway, there’s a lot more dangerous things to do on railay... I was there on Tuesday, pished as a nute... nearly died.

condolences to those left behind, tip your beer, rattle your nuts.... and climb on.

When you rock climb off belay, you're "paying your money and taking your chances."  There are risks inherent in free climbing.  But he died doing what he wanted to do.  C'est la vie.  RIP dude.

RIP.  At least he died doing something he loved, but maybe he didn't love falling and crushing his head.... i told him to stay in the closet, but his friend died after being afraid to go outside....so i told his friend to really live, then he got aids and died, so then i bought this computer and now i have some radioactive brain issue.....now i pay 100,000 baht a day for someone to tell me what i can do.... but they were driving over and died.  i went to go see the crash, but got hit by a bus and died....but i was a vegan!!  well, i got sick from some veggies and died....so i stopped smoking and ..........  yes, died...    who cares, do what you want.  you WILL do whatever you want anyhow....that's how we are wired.  

On 10/19/2018 at 2:22 AM, RichardColeman said:

You have only one life - if you waste it or do foolish things with it that is up to you.

If he was an experienced Rock Climber and fell to his death, I say Good on Ya for doing what you love, but if he was  drunk tourist climbing the rocks to show off, I say So Nam Naaa.  in either case Rest in Peace.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, farcanell said:

Perhaps a life wasted, but not nessesarily a wasted life.

climbers embrace life... revel in life... and “they” say your never more alive than when facing death.

anyway, there’s a lot more dangerous things to do on railay... I was there on Tuesday, pished as a nute... nearly died.

condolences to those left behind, tip your beer, rattle your nuts.... and climb on.

Sorry , but that would have to be the most obtuse or meaningless post ive ever read.

Famous last words......'its very sad he /she was highly experienced!'

'

The worlds cemeteries are full of the following highly experienced young people...

PADI   scuba divers

Motorbike riders

Skydivers

Paragliders

Rapid river kayaking -upside down

Rock face climbers

There will be many more ridiculous weekend activities i'm thankfully not aware of.

Before you jump on my case and say i havent lived,  i was a commercial diver for 7 years. One time we dived in the same spot where PM Holt drowned & disappeared  in the late sixties off Cheviot beach.

Close to shore  but very dangerous due to forrest kelp and currents in summer.  Even our deckhand was qualified.  Everyone on a commercial boat must be qualified. ...Australia

Deaths are rare .

1 hour ago, lanista said:

Sorry , but that would have to be the most obtuse or meaningless post ive ever read.

Obviously your not a climber..... “nuts” (amongst others tools) are what climbers use to attach fixings to a rock wall to attach ropes... they come complete with a 6 inch wire extensions, and when attached to a harness, rattle.

tipping your beer... having a rememberance drink... is so old a tradition as to surely not need explaining.

”climb on” is climbing jargon for proceed

Dude... my condolences are not for you... they are for the dead mans friends and relatives, who would know this.

making any contrary argument about a persons death, in the manner you just did, is verging on despicable.... something to consider for future postings.

for those friends and relatives who might read this, my sincerest apologies for this mans attitudes... please know most here are above this.... and once again, you have my condolences.

1 hour ago, lanista said:

Famous last words......'its very sad he /she was highly experienced!'

'

The worlds cemeteries are full of the following highly experienced young people...

PADI   scuba divers

Motorbike riders

Skydivers

Paragliders

Rapid river kayaking -upside down

Rock face climbers

There will be many more ridiculous weekend activities i'm thankfully not aware of.

Before you jump on my case and say i havent lived,  i was a commercial diver for 7 years. One time we dived in the same spot where PM Holt drowned & disappeared  in the late sixties off Cheviot beach.

Close to shore  but very dangerous due to forrest kelp and currents in summer.  Even our deckhand was qualified.  Everyone on a commercial boat must be qualified. ...Australia

Deaths are rare .

There ya go.... this just earned my very first sad faced emoji.

your lack of respect is sickening.... fir pities sake, go pat your back and blow your own horn on another thread

Archived