"Scouser" faces 10 years for Chiang Mai graffiti

webfact

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Silly behaviour, Yes. Wasn't everybody young and silly at one time??. Punish them, OK. What would they give a Thai youngster for a similar offense? That should be the yardstick. And it certainly wouldn't be a ridiculous fine or prison sentence.

I wouldn't agree with a 10 year prison sentence, but I think a couple of months in jail and a steep fine plus deportation is appropriate. This guy has possibly been a vandal for years, and he would only be getting a slap on the wrist for a similar crime in Britain. Let the sentence here act as a deterrent for other louts, who believe they can do what they want, wherever they go.

Just silly naive kids, but being a silly naive kid at 23 is pushing it a bit. Anyway, put the fear of Buddha into them, then send them home with a spank on the bottom (sorry, forgot, this ain't Singapore). Interesting they were staying a a Mad Monkey Hostel, I get the feeling Mad Monkey Hostels are a millenial replacement for the soon to be defunct Club 18-30.

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I certainly never thought that was right when I saw this video for the first time I thought it was pure madness an certainly not fair justice, since then I never forget it and when I told about it to some friends, all of them believed I probably did not understood something properly because it was supposed to be impossible.

Eight years of a young life behind bars without parole for tagging, it is totally disproportioned. I posted it only to show it was possible, even in a civilised country, nothing more. But knowing some people living in the concerned area applauded this verdict is still more scaring about human nature.

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

That wouldn't satisfy some of the clowns on here.

It's a bit of graffiti for god's sake from a couple of silly youngsters. They should get a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Silly bastards quoting 10 year jail terms, pathetic!

Don’t make excuses for them! Hope they are shitting themselves! 

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

It's a bit of graffiti for god's sake from a couple of silly youngsters. They should get a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Good to see you sticking up for fellow Chavs. 

It's that sort of attitude that leads to idiots feeling entitled and bold enough to tag an iconic wall in a country they're a guest in. A fine and a slap on the wrist is zero deterrent to most westerners. I'm not advocating for 10 years in prison for the guy, but I'm now queueing up to cuddle him like you clearly are

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It’s hard to have any kind of sympathy for them but the sentence is tough. They probably thought they would get treated the same as they would in the U.K. with a “naughty boy don’t do it again” type of sentence. Welcome to Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

he'll be acting the hard man when he gets back home    " nah thai cops dont scare me ".

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

Good to see you sticking up for fellow Chavs. 

It's that sort of attitude that leads to idiots feeling entitled and bold enough to tag an iconic wall in a country they're a guest in. A fine and a slap on the wrist is zero deterrent to most westerners. I'm not advocating for 10 years in prison for the guy, but I'm now queueing up to cuddle him like you clearly are

I am neither cuddling nor am I any kind of Chav as you rudely state! ............Nor am I or ever have been a twatting ' Chav '

Completely out of order and childish name calling. An iconic wall? It's not some wondrous relic nor is it that old anymore with all the work done on it. More like from the eighties most of it. That aside, it's been cleaned off and restored and back to its original state. I could understand the outrage if he had stolen a JCB and demolished half of it.

Give him the same punishment as they would a Thai national of similar age and circumstances instead of stupid over the top talk of ten years and 1 million baht fines. Absolutely pathetic by some posters and even worse, others on here agreeing with it.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Thailand hasnt been given a choice between Chinese who shit in taxis and backpackers who vandalise walls .

It isnt one or the other .

This is one person who did wrong and now he faces punishment for his wrong doing

Yes,

And pay he will and depending on how much he pays will depend on how lightly the police deal with him. So, nobody wins as usual except the police!

2 minutes ago, Jazz5555 said:

Why so defensive about being a Chav? 

Urban dictionary:-

The usual Chav, Stands for Council House affiliated Vermin, is a person that stand outsides Mcdonalds all the time but doesn't actually have enough money to actually go in.

Of which I am not nor never have been.

I proudly came from a council house as a child, and I now own a number of private homes.

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

Urban dictionary:-

The usual Chav, Stands for Council House affiliated Vermin, is a person that stand outsides Mcdonalds all the time but doesn't actually have enough money to actually go in.

Of which I am not nor never have been.

I proudly came from a council house as a child, and I now own a number of private homes.

It was a joke mate, I know what it means Lol ???? I just do not understand why you are defending theses peices of shit, 

Yeah, your right, I actually bit.????????

It's only when they class everybody from Liverpool in a fixed stereotypical generalization, that it pisses me off.

The kid was out of order and a prat, that is fair play. He deserves punishing but some of the OTT statements on here. Jesus, I am so bloody glad they aren't in positions of power to hand out these sentences.

26 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

An iconic wall? It's not some wondrous relic nor is it that old anymore with all the work done on it. More like from the eighties most of it. That aside, it's been cleaned off and restored and back to its original state. I could understand the outrage if he had stolen a JCB and demolished half of it.

Give him the same punishment as they would a Thai national of similar age and circumstances instead of stupid over the top talk of ten years and 1 million baht fines. Absolutely pathetic by some posters and even worse, others on here agreeing with it.

Yawn, every media outlet worldwide quotes the maximum sentence available for a crime. How often do you see someone facing "life" for something knowing full well they'll get out for less. 

That's great that you don't think Tha Pae is iconic, personally I don't care either way. Google Chiang Mai and Tha Pae is one of the first things that comes up, so I'd think it's more iconic than you might ignorantly think. But the fact it can be cleaned up doesn't excuse the brash crime of deciding to spraypaint your name plus some reference to your chavvy scouser mates on it. I'm sure you could clean spraypaint off the pyramids of Giza too, but imagine the sentence for doing the same there?

It's not the same as "what should a Thai be sentenced for it". Fact of the matter is, he's a visitor and a guest here and he's made the choice to go buy some spraypaint and try to make a name for himself. I'm sure he'll look forward to you being his penpal in prison. Given you're probably the sort who thinks Tommy Robinson is a factual news source, I'm sure you'd feel the same if a foreigner did something similar in your home town

24 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes,

And pay he will and depending on how much he pays will depend on how lightly the police deal with him. So, nobody wins as usual except the police!

So surely the easiest way to stop the police from "winning" is to imprison him? Then no fine/bribe is paid, and he pays his debt to society through punitive measures? Or would you rather just put the boot into Thai law enforcement?

11 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah, your right, I actually bit.????????

It's only when they class everybody from Liverpool in a fixed stereotypical generalization, that it pisses me off.

The kid was out of order and a prat, that is fair play. He deserves punishing but some of the OTT statements on here. Jesus, I am so bloody glad they aren't in positions of power to hand out these sentences.

Sucks to be you that the people in positions of power are likely less rational than the people on this board. 

All very well to excuse someone as out of order after they've been caught, but it's not like he handed himself in. I bet he's done this all the way round Thailand. I look forward to hearing of his sentence. Please pass on my regards when you go to visit him inside

Sorry folks I have seen enough of this type of vandalism in my home city, throw the book at them it will not only teach these two but should keep any other low life from doing this. It can cost thousands of dollars to clean this crap off walls, windows, doors and even cars

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

So surely the easiest way to stop the police from "winning" is to imprison him? Then no fine/bribe is paid, and he pays his debt to society through punitive measures? Or would you rather just put the boot into Thai law enforcement?

You are totally missing the point, if he pays, there won't be any court appearance or jail.

That's how it is. How many times do you see great press headlines and fanfare only for those cases to fade away and disappear? and why do you suppose that happens?

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Sucks to be you that the people in positions of power are likely less rational than the people on this board. 

All very well to excuse someone as out of order after they've been caught, but it's not like he handed himself in. I bet he's done this all the way round Thailand. I look forward to hearing of his sentence. Please pass on my regards when you go to visit him inside

Must be awful being perfect like you and us mere mortals constantly failing to come up to your exacting standards!

You must have lead an amazing totally crime free life and never so much has took a bar of chocolate when the shopkeeper wasn't looking.

Oh, to be perfect.

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Yawn, every media outlet worldwide quotes the maximum sentence available for a crime. How often do you see someone facing "life" for something knowing full well they'll get out for less. 

That's great that you don't think Tha Pae is iconic, personally I don't care either way. Google Chiang Mai and Tha Pae is one of the first things that comes up, so I'd think it's more iconic than you might ignorantly think. But the fact it can be cleaned up doesn't excuse the brash crime of deciding to spraypaint your name plus some reference to your chavvy scouser mates on it. I'm sure you could clean spraypaint off the pyramids of Giza too, but imagine the sentence for doing the same there?

It's not the same as "what should a Thai be sentenced for it". Fact of the matter is, he's a visitor and a guest here and he's made the choice to go buy some spraypaint and try to make a name for himself. I'm sure he'll look forward to you being his penpal in prison. Given you're probably the sort who thinks Tommy Robinson is a factual news source, I'm sure you'd feel the same if a foreigner did something similar in your home town

You seem to think you know an awful lot about me being as you are just as anonymous as everybody else on here. You know precisely....Nothing about me.Zilch, Zero, Nada, nothing.

Also, how do you imagine he will be a ' chavvy scouser mate ' of mine, when I have been over here the last 23 plus years, He won't be 23 I don't think or care for that matter.

I should think the population of the area of Liverpool being some 2 million and the city itself 750,000 plus, but not only you think I should know him, you think I should be a pen-pal and visit him in prison?

Tommy Robinson?........... What's he got to do with spray painting in Thailand? The pyramids at Giza?,......... What the hell are you on about?

You been drinking again on an empty head?

Why are you trying to bring a lot of controversial unrelated characters and events together to make your point? because you are failing in dramatic fashion.

Stop spewing irrelevant garbage!

Punishment should fit the crime, if the paint has already been removed there is no lasting damage. A jail sentence would be excessive imo.

To really deter such people, tattoo their foreheads with "RETARD", and kick them out the country.

Archived