BANGKOK 23 July 2019 19:13
webfact

"Scouser" faces 10 years for Chiang Mai graffiti

Punishment should fit the crime, if the paint has already been removed there is no lasting damage. A jail sentence would be excessive imo.

To really deter such people, tattoo their foreheads with "RETARD", and kick them out the country.

• Haha 1

Hey mate, you need to cut down on the drink, posh part of Liverpool???
Maybe you mean Scotland road in Liverpool.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Freshfields Merseyside perhaps, a suburban poseur? What punitive actions will the police take against this pair of idiots?

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

Punishment should fit the crime, if the paint has already been removed there is no lasting damage. A jail sentence would be excessive imo.

To really deter such people, tattoo their foreheads with "RETARD", and kick them out the country.

A jail sentence would be excessive, just tattoo their foreheads with "retard" you think? 🙁

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

but 10 years? Seriously? 

Won't happen , a good lawyer should get him out of this mess. After all how can a young tourist understand he spray painted an historic or holy wall ? If it was just a normal wall , he would pay a small fine and they would let him go.  

I can't see it happening, they will let him go after paying a hefty fine , but not 1 million....

The wall is a Disney like tourist attraction. There is not one old brick in it. like Singapore, 10 lashes and 6 month in the can.

• Like 1

An off topic trolling post about the Chinese has been removed as well as the replies. 

• Like 1

...wow they can find these guys but can't find the Boss...even with his address.

3 hours ago, balo said:
20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

but 10 years? Seriously? 

Won't happen , a good lawyer should get him out of this mess. After all how can a young tourist understand he spray painted an historic or holy wall ? If it was just a normal wall , he would pay a small fine and they would let him go.  

I can't see it happening, they will let him go after paying a hefty fine , but not 1 million....

None of that, he will get off easy ..... but only after the powers that be milk it down to the last drop of negative press, then show their charity and forbearance by letting the scouse go home to scouseland.   :biggrin:   Woohoo and what fun

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 2

Take them back to Thapae Gate,  flog them, leave them in stocks for 24 hours and let the pigeons shit on them !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Must be awful being perfect like you and us mere mortals constantly failing to come up to your exacting standards!

You must have lead an amazing totally crime free life and never so much has took a bar of chocolate when the shopkeeper wasn't looking.

Oh, to be perfect.

You're using a strawman argument now and it makes you look pathetic and bereft of any wit. What I've never done is needlessly deface something in another country (or my own for that matter) while there on holiday. Especially not something that is clearly quite important to the local people, whether built in the last 30 or last 800 years. 

Edited by SammyT
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, balo said:

They Pay ?.. The Brit Taxpayer  will pay by the looks of them. Bet their on Security at the moment looking for a job they never take anyway. EU Malaise.

I quite like the low levels of 'petty crime' and vandalism one finds in Thailand, compared to what we have to put up with in the UK.

If some 'numbnut' has to serve an extreme sentence for a trivial crime occasionally to keep things that way, I'm all for it.

• Like 1