"Scouser" faces 10 years for Chiang Mai graffiti

webfact

4 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Perhaps they could use defense of being under lots of stress.... can't recall the crime, but didn't some mucky muck get off with that month or two ago? "Couldn't help it, your lordship. I was suffering culture shock!"

Perhaps he can use the "affluenza" defence.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soon there will be more farangs in prison than Thais , 10years in prison is a little over the top especially when murderers are out after 3/5 years , better still would be give them 6 months of working with the local council cleaning the streets .

27 minutes ago, SammyT said:

. There was a kiwi kid a few years back who got banged up for 18 months for stealing a taxi drivers' cell phone and doing a runner from the cab without paying the fare. His explanation was basically that he used to get really light sentences for that sort of stuff in NZ. He learned the hard way that not everyone is as lenient as the NZ justice system. 

Yes, thats a good point about harsh sentences .

In the UK , the Police wouldnt even bother to attend the scene , let alone arrest and prosecute and people would be to scared to tell him to stop , the result being that you have feral youngsters roaming the streets and causing mischief with impunity .

Thus the streets become lawlass and "ruled" by yobbos .

Even if they did get jailed , the jails arent unpleasant places .

In Thailand , if you misbehave like this , the Police WILL catch you and they will prosecute severely and so theres the "incentive" to behave yourself .

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Total fools to do such a thing in a foreign country to an ancient structure, but 10 years? Seriously? 

They never going to get ten years, but they will get a exemplary punishment !!! which they deserve fully ! Hm,..A Caning like in Singapore would be appropriate !!!

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I have no sympathy for people who do crap like this, but 10 years is a bit stiff.  Murderers in Thailand sometimes don't even get that.  But 2 years, with no early release, would be fine.

Even more draconian than Singapore, home of looney punishments for minor crimes. And yet people who kill multiple victims whilst driving unlicensed get community service, which they have to be forced eventually to carry out.

Did they say there were drunk and/or on drugs?  A normal person would NEVER do this, know about CCTV cameras, and have some values.  clearly there needs to be sent a message, so 10-years is fine......make it 20.  Then, in 5 years, when nobody remembers BUT remembers the fine... let them out and ban them forever and fine them 1 million baht.  

IF drunk......well, then i need to get off my high horse.  Back home, when drunk, I did some dumb things (not this dumb, of course)....so then I would say do the above but maybe only 6 months jail.  Kids will always get drunk and do dumb stuff, all the time......this is way above the normal idiocy, but i've seen a zillion people driving their motorbike after a few drinks.  

anyhow, definitely make this a HUGE story.  scare others from even thinking about this when drunk, if possible.  glad i never went to Thailand in my 20's... 

Just now, Classic Ray said:

Even more draconian than Singapore, home of looney punishments for minor crimes. And yet people who kill multiple victims whilst driving unlicensed get community service, which they have to be forced eventually to carry out.

You are talking about exceptions to the rule .

People who kill multiple victims do not get community service .

6 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

A fine and deportation is not enough punishment.

What if they are from the posh part of Liverpool, and Mum just wires the money?

Hey mate, you need to cut down on the drink, posh part of Liverpool???

Maybe you mean Scotland road in Liverpool.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Ah,  the reaction of the toughest m-fricking cons in the overcrowded cell when the kid answers the "What are you in for kid?" question.

As Argo sang,

"Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father
Rapers! Father rapers sitting right there on the bench next to me! And
They was mean and nasty and ugly and horrible crime-type guys sitting on the
Bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest
Father raper of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly
'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me
And said, "Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay
$50 and pick up the garbage. " He said, "What were you arrested for, kid? "
And I said, "Littering." And they all moved away from me on the bench."

I like the video where the senior police officer "explains" (in the manner of a Thai phoo yai, which he is) that scouser means a fan of Liverpool Football Club. I am wondering if he is even aware that Liverpool is a city.

4 hours ago, EL159 said:

From Liverpool. Well, what a surprise. The word Scum springs to mind, but I d better not say that...oh, I just did.

Why would you associate scum with Liverpool?  A lot of very talented, savvy people come from there.  Drunken brain dead Brits hail from all corners of the UK and Thailand sure seems to attract quite a few of them.

Sentence is ludicrous but not surprising from the knee jerkers of Thailand. 

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

I like the video where the senior police officer "explains" (in the manner of a Thai phoo yai, which he is) that scouser means a fan of Liverpool Football Club. I am wondering if he is even aware that Liverpool is a city.

That was me who told him that .

He asked me whether I could understand what was written and I told him that scouser means from Liverpool , like in the football club , 

Yeah, I have never seen graffiti on any of the walls or temples. Seen it elsewhere but never on anything like that. My wife was talking about this last night and said it was only till recent, the Chinese were walking all over the wall and setting up camp and nothing was really said to them. Signs got put up and that was about it. During Songkran, I have seen children a few years back, jumping from the tops of the walls (Near Chiang Mai Dental World) into the water. My wife. when she saw the graffiti on the wall, she said this was not good and if they got caught, would be fined heavily depending on 'who they were'. I think these guys **might** get a little time and a big fine. Really, two weeks in the 'real' Monkey House while during the day they picked up rubbish with a fine would be enough to scare them stupid.

Just a dumb thing to really do but then, if they were plastered, great ideas at the time tend to come to fruition on the worst ideas. I have never done anything this stupid when I was young but these days, things are just taken to the extreme a lot more. People just push things to the limit and just don't think about the after effects.

10 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I think there's more "true" scousers on the terraces of Goodison. a reasonable percentage of match going "reds" are from the suburbs, rest of the UK, Scandinavia etc.

6 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Just a dumb thing to really do but then, if they were plastered, great ideas at the time tend to come to fruition on the worst ideas. I have never done anything this stupid when I was young but these days, things are just taken to the extreme a lot more. People just push things to the limit and just don't think about the after effects.

They didnt seem drunk in the video , even if they were drunk , still just a silly thing to do .

They wasnt pushing things to the limit  or taking things to the extreme m they just acted like stupid idiots

8 minutes ago, nikmar said:

I think there's more "true" scousers on the terraces of Goodison. a reasonable percentage of match going "reds" are from the suburbs, rest of the UK, Scandinavia etc.

If that really was the case most people would be going home with someone else's wrist watch ????????

Just now, sanemax said:

They didnt seem drunk in the video , even if they were drunk , still just a silly thing to do .

They wasnt pushing things to the limit  or taking things to the extreme m they just acted like stupid idiots

Yes, but a lot of people tend to come here on holidays and push the limits. Just look at how many people with no bike riding experience jump on a motorcycle and then start a GoFund me page a few days later after an accident. Brains tend to get forgot a lot when you come to Thailand and you are right, just another set of idiots here.

Archived