BANGKOK 20 March 2019 04:40
webfact

"Scouser" faces 10 years for Chiang Mai graffiti

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

In the UK , the Police wouldnt even bother to attend the scene , let alone arrest and prosecute and people would be to scared to tell him to stop , the result being that you have feral youngsters roaming the streets and causing mischief with impunity .

I would think if the walls of a landmark were tagged they might - i.e. some famous abbey or something?

They have been charged with damaging a historical site - this carries a top fine of one million baht or a ten year jail term - or both

There is nothing historical about this part of the wall, as I happened to be here when they built it, and could possibly be defended in court on the basis of an incorrect charge. However, it was a complete mindless act carried by two utter morons. Singapore had the right idea when the young American student got six strokes of the birch for graffiti. I would not waste time with a prison sentence, but give them both a month of street cleaning and graffiti removal. Then fine them and deport them after blacklisting them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

Anyone who supports Liverpool deserves 10 years in the Monkey House. Go Thailand.

There would be a hell of a lot of Thai people in jail as well as many others from around the world you cloth eared dope!

Go the mighty Liverpool FC.

YNWA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Parents don't raise their offspring to be responsible anymore. When I was 23 I was a Sergeant in the army responsible for the fitness upkeep of 1,100 soldiers.

Although I joined voluntarily as a 16 year old, a couple of years of discipline as in the days of National Service, long discontinued by my time, didn't do anyone any harm.

8 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

They have been charged with damaging a historical site - this carries a top fine of one million baht or a ten year jail term - or both

There is nothing historical about this part of the wall, as I happened to be here when they built it, and could possibly be defended in court on the basis of an incorrect charge. However, it was a complete mindless act carried by two utter morons. Singapore had the right idea when the young American student got six strokes of the birch for graffiti. I would not waste time with a prison sentence, but give them both a month of street cleaning and graffiti removal. Then fine them and deport them after blacklisting them.

Interesting. Was it built then, or re-built because of degradation? I guess you could argue that the amount of upkeep countries around the world do on historical ruins (i.e. Angkor Wat always having scaffolding on at least one part of it) that nothing is really "historical" in the true sense of the word. 

21 minutes ago, Jazz5555 said:

Let’s have a public stoning in lieu of jail term. 

That wouldn't satisfy some of the clowns on here.

It's a bit of graffiti for god's sake from a couple of silly youngsters. They should get a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Silly bastards quoting 10 year jail terms, pathetic!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Scouse123 said:

That wouldn't satisfy some of the clowns on here.

It's a bit of graffiti for god's sake from a couple of silly youngsters. They should get a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Silly bastards quoting 10 year jail terms, pathetic!

That is the maximum sentence that this charge carry's 

3 hours ago, SammyT said:

image.png.4059e159026ec11cda48cb204107d940.png

"Having a great time 22 days left"

Might be a bit longer than that now, methinks. 

He's clearly mildly retarded. Probably not mentally competent to go to court.

• Like 1

"They were then taken on a reenactment to the Northern gate..."

ThaPae is the eastern gate. Is this gate suddenly "Northern" because it's in CM? Like, repeat "Northern" six times in every story about Chiang Mai so we don't forget it's in the North.

Young and dumb.....this may we slow down others.....

I think in terms of what kind of day they are having today it’s been a bad one.......the worst experience is thinking of 10 years for something so stupid....my guess is a fine, and deported....

10 years for being young and stupid, and obviously uneducated is way over the top.....las for the wall, that particular part has been rebuilt so technically it’s mearly brand new..the corners of the moat are the original 700 year old parts.....

they made a stupid mistake with the recklessness of youth...