BANGKOK
webfact

"Scouser" faces 10 years for Chiang Mai graffiti

Troll comment and subsequent responses all removed.

Just silly naive kids, but being a silly naive kid at 23 is pushing it a bit. Anyway, put the fear of Buddha into them, then send them home with a spank on the bottom (sorry, forgot, this ain't Singapore). Interesting they were staying a a Mad Monkey Hostel, I get the feeling Mad Monkey Hostels are a millenial replacement for the soon to be defunct Club 18-30.

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I certainly never thought that was right when I saw this video for the first time I thought it was pure madness an certainly not fair justice, since then I never forget it and when I told about it to some friends, all of them believed I probably did not understood something properly because it was supposed to be impossible.

Eight years of a young life behind bars without parole for tagging, it is totally disproportioned. I posted it only to show it was possible, even in a civilised country, nothing more. But knowing some people living in the concerned area applauded this verdict is still more scaring about human nature.

• Like 1

This guy should get 10 years just for the tee shirt.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

I guess B will be going to the men's prison.😎

Why she is such a femine lookin young lass. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

That wouldn't satisfy some of the clowns on here.

It's a bit of graffiti for god's sake from a couple of silly youngsters. They should get a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Silly bastards quoting 10 year jail terms, pathetic!

Don’t make excuses for them! Hope they are shitting themselves! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

It's a bit of graffiti for god's sake from a couple of silly youngsters. They should get a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Good to see you sticking up for fellow Chavs. 

It's that sort of attitude that leads to idiots feeling entitled and bold enough to tag an iconic wall in a country they're a guest in. A fine and a slap on the wrist is zero deterrent to most westerners. I'm not advocating for 10 years in prison for the guy, but I'm now queueing up to cuddle him like you clearly are

Edited by SammyT
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It’s hard to have any kind of sympathy for them but the sentence is tough. They probably thought they would get treated the same as they would in the U.K. with a “naughty boy don’t do it again” type of sentence. Welcome to Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

he'll be acting the hard man when he gets back home    " nah thai cops dont scare me ".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

Good to see you sticking up for fellow Chavs. 

It's that sort of attitude that leads to idiots feeling entitled and bold enough to tag an iconic wall in a country they're a guest in. A fine and a slap on the wrist is zero deterrent to most westerners. I'm not advocating for 10 years in prison for the guy, but I'm now queueing up to cuddle him like you clearly are

I am neither cuddling nor am I any kind of Chav as you rudely state! ............Nor am I or ever have been a twatting ' Chav '

Completely out of order and childish name calling. An iconic wall? It's not some wondrous relic nor is it that old anymore with all the work done on it. More like from the eighties most of it. That aside, it's been cleaned off and restored and back to its original state. I could understand the outrage if he had stolen a JCB and demolished half of it.

Give him the same punishment as they would a Thai national of similar age and circumstances instead of stupid over the top talk of ten years and 1 million baht fines. Absolutely pathetic by some posters and even worse, others on here agreeing with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Thailand hasnt been given a choice between Chinese who shit in taxis and backpackers who vandalise walls .

It isnt one or the other .

This is one person who did wrong and now he faces punishment for his wrong doing

Yes,

And pay he will and depending on how much he pays will depend on how lightly the police deal with him. So, nobody wins as usual except the police!

2 minutes ago, Jazz5555 said:

Why so defensive about being a Chav? 

Urban dictionary:-

The usual Chav, Stands for Council House affiliated Vermin, is a person that stand outsides Mcdonalds all the time but doesn't actually have enough money to actually go in.

Of which I am not nor never have been.

I proudly came from a council house as a child, and I now own a number of private homes.