Apple iPhone X series

anon537687643

I get an email from Apple offering me the new XR and XS iPhones for shipping to Thailand ! Prices stars at 30,000 for XR 64GB,which is approx 1000 US $ . It is advertised at 750$US in the states ! So it’s a 25% mark up for the privilege to buy in good old overpriced Thailand ! Think I’ll pass

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I get an email from Apple offering me the new XR and XS iPhones for shipping to Thailand ! Prices stars at 30,000 for XR 64GB,which is approx 1000 US $ . It is advertised at 750$US in the states ! So it’s a 25% mark up for the privilege to buy in good old overpriced Thailand ! Think I’ll pass

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That is around £706 , whereas in the uk Apple Store it’s £749 !

So for a Brit it’s not a bad deal, better than buying from good old overpriced UK !! [emoji51]

Yes, I ordered the XR online yesterday ฿29,900 (£694 GBP), delivers next Friday. I’ve had the 6S for 3 years, still a great smart phone, so will be selling it next week. That will recover a third of the cost.

If you’re in the US then yes, you get a better deal, but not everyone is able to do that. The UK price is just silly.

If you are from the US or have access to be able to buy from the US then 30,000 baht is expensive.

But for Brits it’s a good deal as DMC has ordered one to prove that !!

Sales tax in the uk is 20%

It is actually cheaper to fly to the US from Europe to buy an iPhone X

jeez indeed !!

Mind you that is nothing compared to trying to buy an iPhone in Brazil !!

I lived there for many years and on my frequent visits to the US I always bought a few iPhones and iPads.

Had a good little racket going there for a while [emoji51]

No prices available for the latest iPhone prices yet but here’s an idea of how much they cost a few years ago !

“ After weeks of speculation, Apple announced the suggested retail prices for its latest iPhone models in Brazil. The iPhone 6 at entry level costs a staggering 3,199 reais (US$1,279) and 4.399 reais for the 128GB, contract-free iPhone 6 Plus.

Compare that to US$649 and US$949, respectively, in the US “

The exchange rate was the killer, for example 3,199 is only US$861 now.

I am watching the price of the original X in the used market (check out Facebook Marketplace)... they are right now in the 25k range... my guess as the new models come available this will quickly drop to ~20k

I would prefer the original X over the Xr because it has the oled display and the cool glass back....

I am watching the price of the original X in the used market (check out Facebook Marketplace)... they are right now in the 25k range... my guess as the new models come available this will quickly drop to ~20k

I would prefer the original X over the Xr because it has the oled display and the cool glass back....

I agree getting at X at a good price is a good move as last years processor will go for years. My 6S is still great on IOS 12.

I went for the XR as it has the latest processor, and the best battery life. LCD screen is pretty much the same as the 8/8 plus. Side by side it’s really difficult for me to tell a massive difference between the OLED & LCD Retina displays. I’m not fussed about fancy cameras and playing games.

Guys, when will the iPhone XR become available in retail stores here in Thailand?

My XR delivers to my house tomorrow. I’m not sure when it will be available in the Thailand resellers. Just make sure the price is the same as quoted on Apple/Th.

So, I already received and set up my XR. Very easy with iCloud and putting my 6S within the vicinity, took all of 10 minutes.

Noticeably zippier than the 6S, although there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 6S. The LCD screen is great, honestly can’t tell the difference between the XR, iPad and my 6S. I do appreciate the larger display on the XR.

Apart from that it’s exactly the same as any other IOS device, usual familiarity.

^update. The battery on this thing is amazing compared to any other smart phone I’ve used. I haven’t charged it for 2 days and it was still at 38%. That was doing nothing different than I did on my 6S. I’m a moderate user, and always listen to Podcasts for at least 2 hours per day among other regular uses. My Mrs has the Samsung A8+ and that also has a pretty good battery, so will continue to compare them as it ages.

Again, the screen is an absolute non issue for me, looks great and the speakers in landscape mode when watching content are really good.

14 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

^update. The battery on this thing is amazing compared to any other smart phone I’ve used.

Again, the screen is an absolute non issue for me, looks great and the speakers in landscape mode when watching content are really good.

I agree.  The iPhone Max battery is very good.  I also purchased a charging pad just for the sheer convenience while at home.

The speakers are phenomenal for the size with a good stereo-type delivery.

The XsMax as mentioned here which is being sold in Thailand is that the single sim and second esim card or the dual sim card as in China?
I'm interested in the XsMax but only the real dual sim card version.

The dual SIM version is only available in China, Macau and Hong Kong.

Enjoy life, whilst you can!

Does anyone know if we can use the esim in Thailand yet? I had a look on the AIS site, and it mentions something about using esim with the Apple Watch, not sure if that’s the same thing??

It would be handy if I could switch my AIS sim over to esim, and use the physical sim when away.

31 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Does anyone know if we can use the esim in Thailand yet? I had a look on the AIS site, and it mentions something about using esim with the Apple Watch, not sure if that’s the same thing??

It would be handy if I could switch my AIS sim over to esim, and use the physical sim when away.

So far i know there is no difference esim systems so the esim should work for the iwatch and iphone alike.

I don't know if the esim is or can be locked to a specific device.

So far i know there is no difference esim systems so the esim should work for the iwatch and iphone alike.
I don't know if the esim is or can be locked to a specific device.

Okay, just visited the AIS Serenade shop in Siam Paragon. Chatting to an extremely helpful chap who confirmed that there is NO date yet for AIS to release the eSIM for use in the new iPhones. Apparently Apple are still in discussions with the Thai authorities and certain things still need to be finalised. After pressing him for a date, he suggested possibly mid November.

By the way Apple released the update on Tuesday and iOS 12.1 is now available for download. I successfully downloaded the update this morning.

I then discussed the new iWatch 4 and these are due into stores on Friday 2nd November. But, would you believe the prices are not currently confirmed (amazing Thailand). I asked the chap, if I came in on Saturday or Sunday with my hard earned cash, could I purchase a iWatch 4? A very hesitant reply was maybe !

Will update the info when I visit again at the weekend.

Enjoy life, whilst you can!

Happy to report that at least on Truemove-H the eSIM is working already ("of course" you have to be updated to the latest ios 12.1)! I just came back from their shop and after about waiting 15 minutes in line the actual activation took less than 5 minutes after I handed over my passport for verification.

This will come in very handy during the frequent overseas trips...???? (and yes, I do know that other phones offer dual sims already for several years, but better late than never! ???? )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Were you able to keep your existing number? and was it pre or post paid ?
I’m also on AIS and have just bought an xs max in the uk .

Yes, kept my same number. I’m on contract not 1-2 call. It literally took her 5 mins to do. Just handed her my phone, and she did it at the desk, no ID checks or anything.

Archived