BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

“I’ve been an idiot”, says Briton facing ten years in jail for Chiang Mai graffiti

Some time in prison seems to be a good lesson. 

In this time he would have time to tackle alcohol and probably drug addiction. 

And.... he might work on it to finish Primary School. 

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

A diploma in what - terminal stupidity?

Do you like diplomas ? You can get one if you need it. 

“understand what you read 1st, then quote it.”

Please put him in jail... please. It might teach him a lesson, but more importantly, will help us all feel more sanctimonious.

7 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Please put him in jail... please. It might teach him a lesson

I think that he'll get the point just being in the local (I've seen it) temporary cell, waiting for the bail money. Main thing is that this was published in UK newspapers and hopefully would deter others to do the same as he did.

..make the clean up all the wall paint and send them home..

12 minutes ago, Rhys said:

..make the clean up all the wall paint and send them home..

The wall has already been cleaned, but not by them.

15 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Nobody here was ever young  drunk and  done anything stupid, eh? 😀 

Empty their pockets and send them home with a persona non grata stamp in the passport , keep jail for stuff more serious than idiots writing on walls...... 

Tell me where you live, I will come graffiti your house and car then tell me how you feel

On 10/20/2018 at 8:56 AM, johng said:

From the shirt he's wearing I'd say he's been a "right tit"  😵     maybe another charge of public display of "indecent bits"

Looks like a left tit to me, but hardly the shirt to be wearing when you are seeking to portray contrition.  Actually, hardly the shirt to be wearing at any time in Thailand, or many other places in the world.

1 minute ago, mikosan said:

Looks like a left tit to me, but hardly the shirt to be wearing when you are seeking to portray contrition.  Actually, hardly the shirt to be wearing at any time in Thailand, or many other places in the world.

He would have no inkling that some Thais might find the shirt offensive, and if he did, wouldn't care. Same as backpackers who shove their feet in peoples faces on buses and trains.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

He would have no inkling that some Thais might find the shirt offensive, and if he did, wouldn't care. Same as backpackers who shove their feet in peoples faces on buses and trains.

Sadly, you are absolutely correct.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Have you noticed some Backpackers are ignorant yobs , they bash an old lady on the Head with their Worldly Goods , then think Sorry makes it right. They arnt sorry anyway as they smirk to fellow smelly goon.

23 minutes ago, mikosan said:

...hardly the shirt to be wearing when you are seeking to portray contrition.  Actually, hardly the shirt to be wearing at any time in Thailand, or many other places in the world.

You are right- very disrespectful shirt for public display. I wonder if he is that stupid (sounds like it) or if they grabbed him sleeping in it and gave no option to change?

He shouldn't even own the dumb shirt in the first place...

8 hours ago, Loaded said:

He was a scouse diesel fitter - whenever near other people's property they can be heard saying, as they steal, "dese will fit me ma, dese will fit my pa".

Sent from my CPH1701 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you look at his Facebook, you’ll see that you’ve hit the nail on the head.