BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

“I’ve been an idiot”, says Briton facing ten years in jail for Chiang Mai graffiti

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I wouldnt suggest that they need "psychiatric help" , themselves just questioning their morals should be sufficient 

Well said sanemax. But they haven't actually killed anyone or started a world war;;;; yet.

Is it possible for TVF members to start up a fund for them? We farang (sorry aliens) have to show some solidarity here.

The North American lass can spray her stuff over me anytime.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Is it possible for TVF members to start up a fund for them? We farang (sorry aliens) have to show some

"Is it possible for TVF members to start up a fund for them? We farang (sorry aliens) have to show some" Financial proof acceptable to Thai Immigration, NOT your own Embassy, before any donations will be accepted.  Unless of course they are in a brown envelope!

😪

Any news about them ? Maybe they are already home after paying a heavy fine? 

Fine him 5,000 baht and let him loose, perhaps ban him for a year for the inconvenience.

If they are going to jail him for 5 years it will just backfire and TAT will get involved. 

Thais love scare tactics and they often say 5 years jail of 150,000 baht fine, yeah really? Where did they come up with those figures? ...and where in the law does it say 5 years for the specific thing he did? 

I hope he learned a lesson for life here and obviously he's young and stupid which is normal. 

21 minutes ago, racket said:

Fine him 5,000 baht and let him loose, perhaps ban him for a year for the inconvenience.

If they are going to jail him for 5 years it will just backfire and TAT will get involved. 

Thais love scare tactics and they often say 5 years jail of 150,000 baht fine, yeah really? Where did they come up with those figures? ...and where in the law does it say 5 years for the specific thing he did? 

I hope he learned a lesson for life here and obviously he's young and stupid which is normal. 

Maybe, you should be the Thai Attorney General?

23 minutes ago, racket said:

I tend to agree with this.... 'Thai's love scare tactics'..  The laws and penalties always seem so harsh for extremely simple often victimless crimes.... then the faux outrage when a foreigner commits a crime and we see the 'maximum penalty' being called for when in reality the outcome is a minor fine and a slap on the wrist... Unless of course the media have played their roll in stirring the pot. 

I can't see more than a 5000 baht fine, I'm not even sure if he would be sent home. I very much doubt there would be any jail time. 

Hopefully, this stupid behavior the threat of severe penalty etc has served as an excellent preventative measure for any other idiots...  But, in the balance of things, this was a victimless act of stupidity. There are far more serious crimes out there worthy of genuine attention rather than this 'media fueled xenophobic faux outrage'... 

On 10/22/2018 at 9:50 PM, ravip said:

In many countries people believe in a God that no one has ever seen or proved. Does that mean people can go on a rampage and destroy any church, temple, mosque or any such religious place? Would that be OK?

You are correct, but did I ever implied or say it was ok? Nope

Only pointing out that its not as bad as it seems since some Thais think a national treasure is being sabotage.

16 minutes ago, mike324 said:

You are correct, but did I ever implied or say it was ok? Nope

Only pointing out that its not as bad as it seems since some Thais think a national treasure is being sabotage.

You are correct too. You did not imply or say it was OK.
But, even though it is not as ancient as some Thai's think, the act of meaningless damaging it cannot be condoned or excused by 'diluting' the crime.