“I’ve been an idiot”, says Briton facing ten years in jail for Chiang Mai graffiti

rooster59

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Indeed.. and they were very foolish.. ..I personally detest mindless graffiti..  but 10 years is a Thai jail is very harsh.. they wouldn't get much more for murder..

It's just a scare tactic to ask for more bail. He should've never let it get that far.

2 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

It's just a scare tactic to ask for more bail. He should've never let it get that far.

It's not a scare tactic. It's the maximum penalty you coluld get doing crimes like this. 'Decorating' a wall will of course not get you the maximum sentence.

I hope some people look at this outside the box.

What if this happened in your home town by a foreigner?

A simple graffiti of a historical wall haha, no big deal....

If some of you wonder why Thai people can be rude or seem to hate Falang, this is an example.

It is sickening, disrespectful and degrading.

If you UK folks get a dirty look or disdain, this is an example why.

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

It's not a scare tactic. It's the maximum penalty you coluld get doing crimes like this. 'Decorating' a wall will of course not get you the maximum sentence.

Yeah so because you would never get the maximum sentence they use it to scare him and substantially raise bail for something that he could have bribed his way out of for let's say max 20k baht, more likely 5-10k would've done the trick.

This is Thailand, come on!

10 years is the maximum they could receive.

However, as they've already confessed and it's not likely that they'd receive the maximum possible, whatever sentence they do receive will probably be cut in half so they are probably looking at anywhere from a couple of months to a couple years at the most - depending on pardons and good behaviour and such.

The Canadian will probably do a few weeks and then get sent back to Canada to finish her sentence but the day after she arrives she'll be let go, no questions asked.

After all, if they let a career criminal that was doing time (for a brutal murder, mutilation and dismemberment of a young Thai woman) walk free within months of his return to Canada, after having done just over 5 years in a Thai prison for his crimes, I can't see them keeping anyone who did anything less in jail for more than a couple hours.

H***, Trudeau will probably meet her at the airport and offer her a hug and an official government apology for not getting her back to Canada sooner.

1 minute ago, dennis123 said:

Yeah so because you would never get the maximum sentence they use it to scare him and substantially raise bail for something that he could have bribed his way out of for let's say max 20k baht, more likely 5-10k would've done the trick.

Prison for one year would do the ¨trick" for me and send a message to these low lifes and any others who will try the same.....

3 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

This is Thailand, come on!

Who are "they", the newspaper that published the article?

8 hours ago, Esso49 said:

No they are not typical of people that come out of Liverpool.  Real Liverpudlians would have stolen the bricks from the wall, not painted it.  ????????????

No, but they are the typical type of thug culture that has spread all over the UK.

Mother throwing every hard luck story in the book, and the only thing this guy is sorry for, that he got caught. Facing a ten year prison sentence, of course he`s going to try and play the sympathy card.

Give him the full 10 years, make this an example case to deter other British thugs from doing the same. These type of quality tourists are not wanted in Thailand.

18 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

I love all the excuses. Family has no money but Numpty can still afford to go to Thailand and create a mess.

In the same way there has to be an exam before you are allowed to drive, there should be a program and an exam before you get a passport. That way, Numpties like this would get the message that the passport is a privelege not a right. And it would scene out those who cannot control their emotions and have to become so inebriated as to not realise what they are doing when they get a bit of bad news.

Children would have to travel on the passport of a parent or guardian, under these rules. End of. In extreme cases, an adult could travel under the guardianship of an adult in charge, for those who are not capable of travelling alone or who cannot take responsibility for their own actions.

I agree with you. That's something that should have been done worldwide. Too many idiots on this planet are allowed to go where ever they want to go. 

I was a flight attendant for 30 years and had to deal with many different people. The worst were those on charter flights. 

Anyway, on a flight from Frankfurt to São Paulo in Brazil I had to take care of a Korean mentally challenged older passenger, who was running in the plane half of the flight, kicking with his walking stick at bins, speaking only Korean and yelled at everyone who looked Asian. He had an artificial leg, that he took off during the flight and what more....

Just thinking about that, never understood why he could leave his country in the first place and get to Frankfurt...

And then these idiots in Chiang Mai, or the countless idiots destroying nature with their sun lotions, or damaging, disrespecting religious or historical sites, posing naked or with their pants down and post it on social media....

All of them should be prohibited from travelling...

29 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

Can someone explain to me why people are always shitting their pants when they get caught in a minor offense?

If this would happen to me, not that I spray walls unless I need to take a piss, I would just offer the police officer some money and if he doesn't accept it right away I would increase my voice and tell him to either take it or <deleted> off.

Works every time, and if it doesn't I'm sure his senior would gladly accept it.

Sure you do <deleted>!! 

22 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

If some of you wonder why Thai people can be rude or seem to hate Falang, this is an example.

OK, let's be fair here.

If you, your righteousness, would advise us UK folks of your home country, I am quite sure we, UK folks, could get lots of examples of unacceptable behaviour in Thailand, by some of your fellow citizens.

By the way, I am from Liverpool, and proud of it.

52 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

I love all the excuses. Family has no money but Numpty can still afford to go to Thailand and create a mess.

In the same way there has to be an exam before you are allowed to drive, there should be a program and an exam before you get a passport. That way, Numpties like this would get the message that the passport is a privelege not a right. And it would scene out those who cannot control their emotions and have to become so inebriated as to not realise what they are doing when they get a bit of bad news.

Children would have to travel on the passport of a parent or guardian, under these rules. End of. In extreme cases, an adult could travel under the guardianship of an adult in charge, for those who are not capable of travelling alone or who cannot take responsibility for their own actions.

Commies were adept in implementing this type of things. 

23 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I am English and when in England we were plagued by young thugs. My car regularly vandalised, burglaries, stones thrown at us in the streets and at our homes, muggings and these thugs trying to claim areas as their own. The police were less than useless, not interested.

This thug is one of those reasons I left the UK and why it pleases me to see this guy knocked down and made to show respect. Show any compassion and the guy will continue on his thuggery as usual. To understand where I`m coming from, one would have to experienced these low lives first hand.

It’s not him who takes the <deleted> here he can just go and gloat about it, he knew what he was doing but he don’t care, it’s just that he got caught out it’s the good farangs who have to pay the price by living here I say give him 10 yrs or 100 lashes this may wipe the smile off of the cocky one 

"I've been an idiot" - well he may have as long as 10 years to reflect on quite how much of an idiot he has been.  A harsh sentence might actually do some good because it will get plenty of media coverage in the UK and might just stop a few more British A-holes from doing equally stupid things in Thailand.

Yes Mr. Furlong. 

Now you could possibly be facing a ten stretch in a Thai Monkey House, you athink you are an Idiot.

Its such a shame that you did not realise what an Idiot you are before you defaced the Monument.

Maybe a ten year holiday would enable you to at least spell " Scouse " correctly by the end of it.- but I very much doubt it.

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

Stick him on his Sunday flight and kick his ass on the way out .

The wall isnt that significant and just 30 years old and it was cleansed off

Send him home with a clip around the ear

Can't even spell "scouse" (Liverpudlian). Not stupid, normal uneducated scouse. 

49 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

OK, let's be fair here.

If you, your righteousness, would advise us UK folks of your home country, I am quite sure we, UK folks, could get lots of examples of unacceptable behaviour in Thailand, by some of your fellow citizens.

By the way, I am from Liverpool, and proud of it.

Of course... That is my point.

If a black man robs and beats up your mother you will have no negative feelings about blacks??

Too many want to lie about this.

Just be honest about what is happening and the truth.

Is it just me or did anyone else see this as excuse after excuse after excuse for his actions?!  Alcohol, grandmother sick, tumours, epilepsy, "husband is an ill man and unable to work", "we live hand to mouth", "the government"..........c 'mon!

His mother makes more excuses than he does; guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If he does have all those issues maybe mommy should keep him at home so she can take care of him. How did he afford a ticket to/from Thailand?

Archived