“I’ve been an idiot”, says Briton facing ten years in jail for Chiang Mai graffiti

rooster59

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nkg said:

The woman allegedly involved in the crime has a gofundme page, and $3000 has already been raised.

The comments make for interesting reading.

https://www.gofundme.com/support-for-my-daughter-brittney

It should be titled, sponsor a thug, because those that donate money so these dross can escape justice and not answer for their actions, is exactly what they are doing.

If these thugs get financially supported and sent home with a slap on the wrist, they will never learn. Give them a taste of Thai justice in a Thai stink hole prison and then it will really hit home what idiots they are.

I do so wish the same penalties would be handed out to thugs in Britain.

7 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Is it just me or did anyone else see this as excuse after excuse after excuse for his actions?!  Alcohol, grandmother sick, tumours, epilepsy, "husband is an ill man and unable to work", "we live hand to mouth", "the government"..........c 'mon!

His mother makes more excuses than he does; guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If he does have all those issues maybe mommy should keep him at home so she can take care of him. How did he afford a ticket to/from Thailand?

It’s called social welfare and knowing how to work it.

disability pension, care giving pension, plus few perks here and there.

No idea how tumours relate to vandalism , if he does not know right from wrong, he should have been hospitalised not allowed to travel.

9 hours ago, lanista said:

Are they typical of the sort of people that come out of Liverpool?

Is the one pointing at the wall a bloke or a sheila?

He -or it- wont get jail for painting a wall that looks about as old as he or it  is.

Fined and sent home.

Perhaps he should also be fined for his T-shirt, which Thai social media posters would surely like to be deemed offensive.

6 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Perhaps he should also be fined for his T-shirt, which Thai social media posters would surely like to be deemed offensive.

You must be very out of touch with Thai thinking and culture if you do not think it is offensive...

2 hours ago, peterb17 said:

To be honest- I cannot imagine a Thai picking up this mysterious can of spray paint ( now hands up people - has anyone seen a can of paint ( not empty) just lying there ?) 

And rushing around spraying Wat Arun , Sukothai etc etc.

So sorry just the normal boring TV response - give us a break .  

Neck or arm?

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Stick him on his Sunday flight and kick his ass on the way out .

The wall isnt that significant and just 30 years old and it was cleansed off

Send him home with a clip around the ear

You are right, those wall at in that area  are not the original ruins but a rebuilt version. 

So,  in fact they are not really "historic" .  

4 hours ago, edwardflory said:

"He is prone to making ill judgements - he has a lot of tumours in the frontal and temporal lobes of his brain and suffers with epilepsy as a result of it."

Why would any responsible parents allow such a trip to Thailand alone?

one flew over the cuckoos nest

10 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

If the family are living hand to mouth where did this guy get the money to come to Thailand? It sounds like his family could have been better helped with the money that he spent on this ill fated trip.

Remember though...he's a jackass.

What is the point in sending him to prison? Yesterday they were talking 10 years....a bit overkill. Perhaps the judge will be lenient. If he wants to make an example of them, 6 months max. I would think and if he were Thai it would be suspended....but what would be the point of suspending a sentence for a foreigner? He has no money so what is the point of a fine?

I think they will let the girl off. 

Lock them up...a couple of years will be fine.

Make them clean up their mess and the prison grounds while in custody.

Then deport them at their own cost.

These morons damaged an Historic Site, One Year or Seven Hundred Years old is besude the point.

What gives these imbeciles any right to come to Thailand and behave like Scum Bags? How would the British, Canadians or anyone else react if Visiting Thais were to defile their Sacred Sites? 

Now one of the morons has his Mamma Crying and making excuses.

If she kbew he was such an imbecile, she shouldn’t have let him loose from her Apron Strings....suck it up Lady !

Archived