“I’ve been an idiot”, says Briton facing ten years in jail for Chiang Mai graffiti

rooster59

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Many more people in London are receiving benefits than in Liverpool so perhaps your sneering at scousers should be re-directed.

I'm not interested in where you've lived or how long you've been away, why would you mention those?

Probably because London has a far larger population  or perhaps you were unaware of that.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it so sad to read this thread.

It's hardly surprising that we haven't integrated into Thai society like the Chinese or Indians. Most of us are so insecure, needing to insult people from other Western, civilised countries. Even the English football mentality of hating people from another city. Where's the love?

Who paid for airline tickets to Thailand? Where did these cuddleys stay while getting drunk by day? Frontal  lobe problem? Sounds like it runs in the families involved. Bar from ever entering Thailand and remove from Thailand quick as a wink.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:13 PM, bluesofa said:

Of course he does - the NHS (UK National Health Service):

"But, but, you mean it won't pay for my medical treatment in Thailand? Nah problem, I can start a go-fund-me page, someone will give me the dosh."

But sure as sh*t I won't send even 25 satang.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:32 AM, Esso49 said:

No they are not typical of people that come out of Liverpool.  Real Liverpudlians would have stolen the bricks from the wall, not painted it.  ????????????

You terrible people, how am I supposed to drink my tea, with it flying all over the screen, brings back memories of the Liverpool lads I have met up with, great people to have a drink with though.

4 minutes ago, outsider said:

Built circa 1985, the 800-year-old wall... 555+

That's no excuse, it is built on the site of the original and is a replica, defacing other people property isn't clever unless you are Banksy, this was true British yobo scrawl, he should go back to the jungle that he is used to.

7 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Please put him in jail... please. It might teach him a lesson

I think that he'll get the point just being in the local (I've seen it) temporary cell, waiting for the bail money. Main thing is that this was published in UK newspapers and hopefully would deter others to do the same as he did.

15 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Nobody here was ever young  drunk and  done anything stupid, eh? ???? 

Empty their pockets and send them home with a persona non grata stamp in the passport , keep jail for stuff more serious than idiots writing on walls...... 

Tell me where you live, I will come graffiti your house and car then tell me how you feel

On 10/20/2018 at 8:56 AM, johng said:

From the shirt he's wearing I'd say he's been a "right tit"  ????     maybe another charge of public display of "indecent bits"

Looks like a left tit to me, but hardly the shirt to be wearing when you are seeking to portray contrition.  Actually, hardly the shirt to be wearing at any time in Thailand, or many other places in the world.

1 minute ago, mikosan said:

Looks like a left tit to me, but hardly the shirt to be wearing when you are seeking to portray contrition.  Actually, hardly the shirt to be wearing at any time in Thailand, or many other places in the world.

He would have no inkling that some Thais might find the shirt offensive, and if he did, wouldn't care. Same as backpackers who shove their feet in peoples faces on buses and trains.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

He would have no inkling that some Thais might find the shirt offensive, and if he did, wouldn't care. Same as backpackers who shove their feet in peoples faces on buses and trains.

Sadly, you are absolutely correct.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Have you noticed some Backpackers are ignorant yobs , they bash an old lady on the Head with their Worldly Goods , then think Sorry makes it right. They arnt sorry anyway as they smirk to fellow smelly goon.

23 minutes ago, mikosan said:

...hardly the shirt to be wearing when you are seeking to portray contrition.  Actually, hardly the shirt to be wearing at any time in Thailand, or many other places in the world.

You are right- very disrespectful shirt for public display. I wonder if he is that stupid (sounds like it) or if they grabbed him sleeping in it and gave no option to change?

He shouldn't even own the dumb shirt in the first place...

Archived