Video of Gordon Ramsay Getting Roasted for His Trash Pad Thai

Yeh, pad thai usually comes with reheated old tofu, strange hairs and overly salty fake looking baby shrimp with an additional side of slightly blackened smelly bean sprouts. Oh and ocassionally there is mysterious little hard bits like glass.

I cant eat it anymore. Too many bad experiences.

When Gordon Ramsey's television series first came out I watch about 20 programs.  Of all the programs I have ever watched on TV over my now 76 years, I found it to be the greatest lot of BS I have ever experienced. 

Soon after giving up watching these shows I attended wedding as a guest and photographer in my home town in Australia of a couple getting married.  Both the Bride and Groom were chefs  The wedding was not in a 5 star hotel but at the local tennis club.  As about half the gusts were themselves chefs from all over the World, they had descended my town the Bride's home town. 

About 1/3 rd of the guest were dressed as chefs for the wedding.  The club had a large kitchen but extra stoves and cooking pots pans you name it also a arrive mostly loaned from guests.  All these chefs worked as a team producing probably the best wedding and general restaurant food I have ever tasted and all had lots of fun doing so.  I have been to about 1200 weddings in my life I was a wedding photographer for 40 years.  This wedding was the last one I ever photographed.  Admittedly the kitchens did have a few to many cooks and a lot BS also. 

After the food and eating was concluded the speeches could have been from Faulty Towers.  To a man/woman the chefs giving these funny speeches it was clear that Gordon Ramsey's show was the the greatest joke and BS ever concocted for TV.  No body but nobody could run a kitchen like he makes out.  If you did you would have at least 3 back eyes each week and need to spend a week out of every month in hospital.  A short comical speech by 2 chefs was one one looking a bit like Gordon Ramsey covered in bruises bandages and black eyes while the other was giving Gorden some of his own medicine back.  Very funny wedding thank you Gorden. 

Teamwork and attention to detail and helping, helping, helping each other is the only way to run a kitchen,  It's too dangerous to run things the way Gordon portrays it.  To a man/woman they agreed the Gordon Ramsey Cooking shows were the greatest lot of BS ever.  Plenty of good jokes at this wedding all about Gordon Ramsey

16 hours ago, ArickChaiyaphum said:

In one episode he had no bloody idea how to cook rice in a rice cooker. He said he had never done it before no idea to rinse the rice. 

Do you have to rinse the rice?   I live mostly in Thailand never seen anyone rinsing it before cooking.  Perhaps that's why the rice is no good in Thailand and where I've gone wrong.  Never noticed it before but I'll keep an eye on it from now on. 5555

21 hours ago, Emdog said:

Good for the chef telling him it ain't pad Thai... given Thai culture must not have been easy.

the guy doesn't know shit about western cuisine how do you want him to know Thai cuisine, he should stick to bacon and eggs and look for another job absolutely not a chef

"Thailand's national dish"?

I've been here 21 years end-to-end and never once have I ever seen a Thai person eating pad Thai. I'm told that they occasionally do. But the only times I have seen it being served and eaten is by tourists in tourist-geared food markets.

My Thai friends tell me they only prepare pad Thai because farangs keep telling them it's Thailand's national dish . . .  

9 minutes ago, robsamui said:

I've been here 21 years end-to-end and never once have I ever seen a Thai person eating pad Thai. I'm told that they occasionally do. But the only times I have seen it being served and eaten is by tourists in tourist-geared food markets.

My Thai friends tell me they only prepare pad Thai because farangs keep telling them it's Thailand's national dish . . .  

I suppose it depends where you live. There is an eating area/market in my town that has a Phad Thai shop, its always full and does "take-out" too, its the busiest place there ! Great food ! ????

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I suppose it depends where you live. There is an eating area/market in my town that has a Phad Thai shop, its always full and does "take-out" too, its the busiest place there ! Great food ! ????

Probably, yes. But I've eaten extensively in Thai food

markets - 5 cities and areas from BKK south down to Had Yai - and never seen it!

38 minutes ago, robsamui said:

The Tesco food court here sells it...not bad for 40 bats

On 10/20/2018 at 2:48 PM, Emdog said:

Good for the chef telling him it ain't pad Thai... given Thai culture must not have been easy.

The look on the Thai chef’s face after tasting the pad Thai is priceless ... and so is his reply. ????????

8 hours ago, David Walden said:

Do you have to rinse the rice?   I live mostly in Thailand never seen anyone rinsing it before cooking.  Perhaps that's why the rice is no good in Thailand and where I've gone wrong.  Never noticed it before but I'll keep an eye on it from now on. 5555

Rice after milling are stored before packing into individualbags for different customers. The rice may be contaminated with bugs, dirt, even rat urine which is harmful to human so it is best to rinse (wash) a couple of times with water to rid the unwanted contaminants.

16 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Rice after milling are stored before packing into individualbags for different customers. The rice may be contaminated with bugs, dirt, even rat urine which is harmful to human so it is best to rinse (wash) a couple of times with water to rid the unwanted contaminants.

And also removes the excess starch which makes the rice too soggy if not removed

• 3 months later...

Archived