BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

Now Open! Terminal21 Pattaya, New Shopping Destination in the Heart of Pattaya

Why all the negativity ??   It you don't like the new mall then don't go there....I doubt if any of you negative posters have any financial interest in this property...

2 minutes ago, how241 said:

Why all the negativity ??   It you don't like the new mall then don't go there....I doubt if any of you negative posters have any financial interest in this property...

I for one feel very positive about it though I haven't even visited yet. But I'm looking forward to a fantasy where it really is just like Bangkok. How about a SKYTRAIN there from Jomtien?!? :partytime2:

1 hour ago, grego49 said:

So the foodcourt will be full of Russians and Chinese,great,just like Central plaza.

The food court in terminal 21 in Bangkok is possibly the best value in the tourist area's in town it's great and mostly used by the locals, I shall be there if I am shopping.malls are a bit like roads build them and people will use them and anything that keeps the hoards and their cars and buses in one avoidable area is brilliant.

Love terminal 21 in Bangkok.  The new one in Pattaya looks even better. Great for Pattaya and the north part of the city. 

I for one liked the new T21 and will explore the small boutique shops and new restaurants that I missed on opening day. Probably visit again next week (mid-week). Based on the opening day crowd, predominantly Thai (no Russians or Chinese tourists), and with such a variety of restaurants for all budgets plus the SfX cinema, I think Pattaya has a winner. Central Festival will still be my goto mall because of Central and Central Food Hall (the new Foodland Market sucks bigtime in comparison) but overall T21 is a great addition. I was hoping for a Tony Roma's or Outback or something similar but will try the Italian Osteria (next to Piri Piri) next week. Not into cosmetics but the ground floor has many shops and that EveandBoy store is huge. 

2 hours ago, poanoi said:

big shopping malls = lotsa walking so it aint for me,

but i hope bangkok & north pattaya traffic-ants

keep to 21 instead of clutter up south pattaya even more

Good point, hopefully they won't put even more taxis on the road !!!

Looking forward to seeing it when I get back from overseas work just before Christmas.
I live nearby, so can imagine we will go there often for lunch /dinner if they have some good restaurants /food court.
I also think getting out of the heat in the hot season is nice.
A welcome addition to Pattaya in my opinion, if you don't like it, stay away. I stay away from walking street because I don't like it but don't mind it's there.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I wonder if the new mall with all the new restaurants is going to mean at least a temporary drop in business at pretty much all the other restaurants in town?

Maybe some of the Asian restaurants , I don't think the western restaurants and the normal chains will have to worry . Plenty of amazing restaurants that offer better value than whats inside this expensive mall. 

For me personally who lives nearby it means shopping at Foodland, a cup of coffee, watching a movie and eat lunch in the food court. If some of the other more fancy restaurants offer amazing food I also might try them. 

I have been twice now another thing about this place is the girl watching.

Central has always been pretty good but the T21 I think every hot girl in town has been visiting the place.

Mostly wearing sexy walking around.  

Unbelievable, worth an hour or so for me just for the show. 🙂

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I see the area as needing more malls.

Especially Jomtien could use a massive one.

And don't forget the Darkside.

I've heard Robinson is coming to the Darkside, somewhere N of the lake.

Yesterday I drove my old junk to T21. It only took 10 minutes from Sukhumvit Road 7 exit to T21 along Pattaya Nua Road at 12:45. Not bad. When I got there the parking entrance was blocked..it was full. A lot of cars looking for parking. The vicinity was a big circus.

I went to Hilton Central Festival instead. Parking there was empty above 5 1/2 floor. A lot less crowded than usual Saturdays.

12 hours ago, newnative said:

You obviously weren't at the T21 opening yesterday.

I was caught innocently going about my business and lost two hours of my life on Pattaya Nua.  I will  certainly never go there.  It may well mean the worst designed car-park in the world at Central Festival has more spaces.  Maybe the Hilton could be persuaded to give up a floor of hogging empty spaces?