Now Open! Terminal21 Pattaya, New Shopping Destination in the Heart of Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I see the area as needing more malls.

Especially Jomtien could use a massive one.

Hell no. Despite Russian and Chinese tour bus invasions Jomthien remains semi-passable with a car. Take yer malls and stick 'em together with Musk's sub.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Today is one of the worst traffic days I have seen.

The rain and T21 are part of it traffic jams everywhere.

Sukhumvit road from the north to south is backed up big time many people trying to turn right on Nua I assume to go to the mall.  Nua from Sukhumvit all the way to the Doplhin circle bumper to bumper...

Anybody been driving at Tai/Klang? Did the new pile really attract and swallow all the flies? Please say it's so. I can live with the lost access to my favourite German restaurant if it cleaned up the south.

Are there even remotely enough people in Pattaya to keep all the malls in business? Now with Terminal 21 open it will be interesting to see how the other malls do..

Take Central Marina Mall.....Their food court has been over priced and has sucked from day #1....Now they have to compete with Terminal 21 food court just blocks away....I wonder if they will up their game or not?

3 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Are there even remotely enough people in Pattaya to keep all the malls in business? Now with Terminal 21 open it will be interesting to see how the other malls do..

Take Central Marina Mall.....Their food court has been over priced and has sucked from day #1....Now they have to compete with Terminal 21 food court just blocks away....I wonder if they will up their game or not?

Good observation, I agree with you.

That food court is way over priced yet usually crowded as it has been the only game in that area.

The Big C food court although limited, is a much better price structure.

My answer to you is: NO.  I do not think Marina will have the game to keep up.

In fact as business slows, a typical Thai response is to raise prices to make up for the loss.

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So what's the Buy 1 Get 1 Free thing at Foodland???

Foodland has a special section for this promotion which includes 2 for 1 items, additionally they have discounted items just like other markets that are advertised. 

1 hour ago, Hoppyone said:

Very true, has very big car park for the  buses full of Chinese people located down area where the Chinese attractions are

With the down-turn in Chinese tourists I wonder how full (or part empty) the big bus park will be.

So what's the Buy 1 Get 1 Free thing at Foodland???
Several different items, both import and local. 40 baht for 10 bananas, Florida orange juice / lemonade 75 x 2 . etc.

So the foodcourt will be full of Russians and Chinese,great,just like Central plaza.

I don't think so , mostly Thais today , and a mixed crowd of westerners / asians. The food court at T21 is 90% Thai/Korean dishes unlike Central where you can get Russian/ Italian dishes.

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The OP posted a poster of Foodland having a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" until the end of the month. Does that mean any item bought at Foodland you get that same 2nd item for free?

No

Only a limited number of items.

I was there today, there are some decent offers on special.

Whether worthwhile depends on what you want to buy and how far you are from there.

Only 10 minutes walk for me.

They had a fair few customers.

They got a small bit of business from me, will get a bit more.

In the local area, it is another option, no bad thing.

Seemed to be a touch cheaper than the nearby Best Supermarket on some items.

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Take Central Marina Mall.....Their food court has been over priced and has sucked from day #

But Big C over 2 floors are there , and much better selection than in Foodland. I still think Marina will have business. It feels spacious inside and Big C will always attract the locals. 

4 minutes ago, balo said:

But Big C over 2 floors are there , and much better selection than in Foodland. I still think Marina will have business. It feels spacious inside and Big C will always attract the locals. 

There were reports not so long ago that Big C would move out as their lease was ended by central group.

12 hours ago, kkerry said:

Unfortunately it seems Pattaya police have been following the other TV thread about T21 preparing to open, filled with so many people saying they hate shopping centers, so they assumed no-one would turn up...

I guess the police also believe some of the posters that claim all they do every day is go to temples and monuments and water parks and have no time to waste on malls.  :cheesy:

14 hours ago, SammyT said:

Wow. I never knew people hated shopping malls so much. I'll go check it out when I'm there next, if I don't like it, I won't go back. I certainly won't get as outraged as some on here by its presence though...

That is just the usual peanut gallery around here talking out of various orifices.  They know damn well they will go there regularly just like everyone else no matter what they say on here.  My guess is the cheap prices in the food court will be reason enough for most of them.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The toilets.

No closeup of the electronic toilets in that video.  I think the instructions are on the door.  It's a little hard to figure out just from the control panel itself.

4 minutes ago, fanjita said:

I know that but where's the funkiest place to hang out once I've squeezed in the front door?

Up to you.  Head up the big escalator then go up one more floor to the food court.  That is where the majority of regular visitors will go.  Very few people will be going there for anything else on a regular basis imo.

14 hours ago, fforest1 said:

A glance at the massive traffic jams on both sides of Central Festival at weekends should indicate that there are plenty of people around who want to visit malls. The only real question is "which mall"? Harbor Mall is very quiet now and the Avenue has been quiet for years.

Personally I think that the people who have set up these very upmarket restaurants and cafes in T21 may be in for a rude awakening. Hiso outlets in T21 in Asoke is one thing: the same restaurants in a small downmarket seaside town is another, especially on weekdays.

Places like Sizzler and KFC and Oishi/Shabu etc. will do OK, but the others?

34 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Hiso outlets in T21 in Asoke is one thing:

I disagree.  I go regularly to T21 in Asoke.  I rarely see ANY customers inside designer shops.  Presumably with their rip-off prices they only need ONE customer a day to pay the rent/staff.

32 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

A glance at the massive traffic jams on both sides of Central Festival at weekends should indicate that there are plenty of people around who want to visit malls. The only real question is "which mall"? Harbor Mall is very quiet now and the Avenue has been quiet for years.

Personally I think that the people who have set up these very upmarket restaurants and cafes in T21 may be in for a rude awakening. Hiso outlets in T21 in Asoke is one thing: the same restaurants in a small downmarket seaside town is another, especially on weekdays.

Places like Sizzler and KFC and Oishi/Shabu etc. will do OK, but the others?

Massive traffic jams to get into shopping malls.....could it just be that they are the only places available to park cars?  Many Thais on the beach at the weekend, I wonder where they park?  There's the car park at the temple on Pattaya Tai but once that's full where else is there?  Living well outside Pattaya now I try to avoid visiting with a car at all and certainly don't relish the idea of using half a tank of petrol just sitting in jams trying to park.

10 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

So much excitement about a new mall, expats living the dream in Thailand!

Hey some of us dont have a life and a new mall opening is just about the most exciting thing that happens all month besides getting our pension payment on the first or finding a beer bar with balloons with a roasting pig out front.....

Hey some of us dont have a life and a new mall opening is just about the most exciting thing that happens all month besides getting our pension payment on the first or finding a beer bar with balloons with a roasting pig out front.....
Only all month? It's the event of the decade!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived