BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

Now Open! Terminal21 Pattaya, New Shopping Destination in the Heart of Pattaya

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I see the area as needing more malls.

Especially Jomtien could use a massive one.

Hell no. Despite Russian and Chinese tour bus invasions Jomthien remains semi-passable with a car. Take yer malls and stick 'em together with Musk's sub.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Today is one of the worst traffic days I have seen.

The rain and T21 are part of it traffic jams everywhere.

Sukhumvit road from the north to south is backed up big time many people trying to turn right on Nua I assume to go to the mall.  Nua from Sukhumvit all the way to the Doplhin circle bumper to bumper...

Anybody been driving at Tai/Klang? Did the new pile really attract and swallow all the flies? Please say it's so. I can live with the lost access to my favourite German restaurant if it cleaned up the south.

Are there even remotely enough people in Pattaya to keep all the malls in business? Now with Terminal 21 open it will be interesting to see how the other malls do..

Take Central Marina Mall.....Their food court has been over priced and has sucked from day #1....Now they have to compete with Terminal 21 food court just blocks away....I wonder if they will up their game or not?

3 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Are there even remotely enough people in Pattaya to keep all the malls in business? Now with Terminal 21 open it will be interesting to see how the other malls do..

Take Central Marina Mall.....Their food court has been over priced and has sucked from day #1....Now they have to compete with Terminal 21 food court just blocks away....I wonder if they will up their game or not?

Good observation, I agree with you.

That food court is way over priced yet usually crowded as it has been the only game in that area.

The Big C food court although limited, is a much better price structure.

My answer to you is: NO.  I do not think Marina will have the game to keep up.

In fact as business slows, a typical Thai response is to raise prices to make up for the loss.

22 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

If this was built with the Chinese in mind - oh dear!!

Very true, has very big car park for the  buses full of Chinese people located down area where the Chinese attractions are

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The OP posted a poster of Foodland having a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" until the end of the month. Does that mean any item bought at Foodland you get that same 2nd item for free?

No

19 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

No

So what's the Buy 1 Get 1 Free thing at Foodland???

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Foodland has a special section for this promotion which includes 2 for 1 items, additionally they have discounted items just like other markets that are advertised. 

1 hour ago, Hoppyone said:

Very true, has very big car park for the  buses full of Chinese people located down area where the Chinese attractions are

With the down-turn in Chinese tourists I wonder how full (or part empty) the big bus park will be.

Several different items, both import and local. 40 baht for 10 bananas, Florida orange juice / lemonade 75 x 2 . etc.

So the foodcourt will be full of Russians and Chinese,great,just like Central plaza.

I don't think so , mostly Thais today , and a mixed crowd of westerners / asians. The food court at T21 is 90% Thai/Korean dishes unlike Central where you can get Russian/ Italian dishes.

At least there will hopefully be a good and affordable vegetarian dining option available in the Food Court! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The OP posted a poster of Foodland having a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" until the end of the month. Does that mean any item bought at Foodland you get that same 2nd item for free?

No

Only a limited number of items.

I was there today, there are some decent offers on special.

Whether worthwhile depends on what you want to buy and how far you are from there.

Only 10 minutes walk for me.

They had a fair few customers.

They got a small bit of business from me, will get a bit more.

In the local area, it is another option, no bad thing.

Seemed to be a touch cheaper than the nearby Best Supermarket on some items.

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Take Central Marina Mall.....Their food court has been over priced and has sucked from day #

But Big C over 2 floors are there , and much better selection than in Foodland. I still think Marina will have business. It feels spacious inside and Big C will always attract the locals. 

4 minutes ago, balo said:

But Big C over 2 floors are there , and much better selection than in Foodland. I still think Marina will have business. It feels spacious inside and Big C will always attract the locals. 

There were reports not so long ago that Big C would move out as their lease was ended by central group.