Now Open! Terminal21 Pattaya, New Shopping Destination in the Heart of Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, how241 said:

I don't see how it would screw up Pattaya. Pattaya continues to grow and this is part of it.

What?? Do you know Pattaya at all?   Its screwed up now, this will just compound the problem,  

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

The last thing in my mind when I came here was to get away from a mall.

Most normal westerners I know like some mix. It is not a problem they are strong minded.

Some type of western influence in their lives is healthy.

The people I know who escape to a nowhere province are odd.  Why?  They seem to be running away from something or have a mental illness.

What BS,    

22 minutes ago, Becker said:

Two? I count five:

Central

T21

Marina Mall (SP), old Big C North Pattaya

Royal Garden

Harbour Mall

Your list could be very long... why not add Big C South, Big C Extra, Tesco North and South and even Tukcom?

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

What?? Do you know Pattaya at all?   Its screwed up now, this will just compound the problem,  

Yes, I know a little about Pattaya.  I have lived in Pattaya, full time, for the last 10 Years.

On 10/21/2018 at 2:01 PM, bbi1 said:

The OP posted a poster of Foodland having a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" until the end of the month. Does that mean any item bought at Foodland you get that same 2nd item for free?

No, only a very small number of items are included in the promotion. Eggs were one notable inclusion.

3 hours ago, johng said:

I too think they should have built it somewhere else with much more parking and access space,

dark side of Sukhumvit or better (for me)  Jomtien...but its done now.

I wonder how "Harbor mall" and "Central Marina" will fair with so much competition nearby.

Badly. Central Marina has always been dead since it opened, and Harbor Mall even deader. They had problems long before T21 opened. Interestingly Central Marina was being renovated at the same time T21 was being built, so the current situation was well anticipated.

20 minutes ago, tropo said:

Your list could be very long... why not add Big C South, Big C Extra, Tesco North and South and even Tukcom?

Mikes , "Friendship" , The Avenue  and the other new one along beach road "The Bay" or something never been there.

Ok today I went inside the belly of the beast....

My impressions...

First when I travel I like to spend as little time in airports as possible...I did not find the constant announcements that gate 23,25,27 what-ever is boarding for where-ever enduring...

I did like the lay-out of the mall...It has a good atmosphere and some unusual shops...

The food...I would say about 95% of the restaurants are geared towards  Japanese/Chinese/Korean....There must be 20 plus sushi restaurants there.....Very little thought was given to what a farang might like....Well at least they had a Sizzler...A place called Teddys hamburgers looked kind of interesting and maybe a few more....The farangs are low man are the restaurant totem pole there....

The food court was OK....It was almost all Thai food...Yes it was cheap but the portions were not huge either....I had a real good smoothie for 35 baht and a good coconut ice cream for 15 baht.. 

It was pretty busy in the mall today...Loads of grade A prime beef eye candy...Better than the GoGo bars...lol......

One thing this mall has going for it is it has loads of photo-ops..So just this should keep the mall packed with tourist for a long time to come....

Me I think I will partake in a few more smoothies and maybe give some of that eye candy a test run...lol

4 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

First when I travel I like to spend as little time in airports as possible...I did not find the constant announcements that gate 23,25,27 what-ever is boarding for where-ever enduring...

For me, the whole airport theme comes with negative connotations, you never buy anything in an airport because its ridiculously expensive.

30 minutes ago, tropo said:

Badly. Central Marina has always been dead since it opened, and Harbor Mall even deader. They had problems long before T21 opened. Interestingly Central Marina was being renovated at the same time T21 was being built, so the current situation was well anticipated.

As a consumer its great, we often go to Central marina because it is quiet, plenty of parking, no crowds etc. I'm glad I'm not a shareholder, but parking at the front door and no crowds etc is great.

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

As a consumer its great, we often go to Central marina because it is quiet, plenty of parking, no crowds etc. I'm glad I'm not a shareholder, but parking at the front door and no crowds etc is great.

I like it there too for the same reasons.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Pattaya certainly has lots of cinemas now. Thats Central festival, central marina, the avenue and now T21. Surely one will have to close.

The people I know going to cinemas are teens, plenty of them around. Adults have their own home theaters with a well stocked up fridge right next to it.

6 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Why go to a mall and eat street food.....

Ok I'll bite.  Convenience, cleaned filtered cooled air, cleaner food prep environment with no exhaust fume infused food.  No bugs, no rain.  But don't let that stop your pissing and moaning even though you will go there just like everyone else if the price is right.

Because it screws up the rest of Pattaya even more.  had it been on the Dark Side it may have made some sense.  Positioned where it is, it makes no planning sense at all. 
Please,,,,, keep all the crappy malls inside Pattaya..........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Because it screws up the rest of Pattaya even more.  had it been on the Dark Side it may have made some sense.  Positioned where it is, it makes no planning sense at all. 
Please,,,,, keep all the crappy malls inside Pattaya..........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Me I think I will partake in a few more smoothies and maybe give some of that eye candy a test run...lol

It may surprise you to know that a lot of those girls walking around the mall won't sleep with someone old enough to be their father at any price.  Apparently, you think the whole town is still just a giant brothel comprised of mostly just tattoo'd issan bargirls.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

For me, the whole airport theme comes with negative connotations, you never buy anything in an airport because its ridiculously expensive.

I think the whole concept is clever..... planes on the outside, gates bringing you to different shopping experiences, complete with themes at Paris, Tokyo, San Francisco, Italy and Hollywood. The food is geared more towards Asian tastes but there is plenty for this farang. 

12 minutes ago, lapd said:

It may surprise you to know that a lot of those girls walking around the mall won't sleep with someone old enough to be their father at any price.  Apparently, you think the whole town is still just a giant brothel comprised of mostly just tattoo'd issan bargirls.

Your correct a lot wont but luckily a lot will....lol 

OK, I finally made it there.

I'm a late bloomer.

This is Pattaya now, like it or not. Can't go back now.

My main interest is the food of course, and the food situation is even more impressive than I had thought it would be from the previews.

I'll make some specific comments about that on the Hit and Run "review" thread.

The themes are OK. For such a massive mall I think better some kind of silly theme than nothing.

I wonder how the concept will date over time but no worries about that now in the golden present. 

Of course the theme "art" pieces are total kitsch but who really cares.

It was funny watching all the people doing pics and selfies on the fake foreign backdrops. 

In the age of fake news, why not FAKE VIEWS?

Is there an information desk? I wanted one and didn't see one.

As far as shopping I don't think I'll do any shopping there at all (for goods or services like banking).

Yes, the Foodland as others have noted is not impressive or sized like Klang.

I actually prefer the one at Royal Garden. 

I made the mistake of spending too much time there for a first visit. So it became exhausting and annoying … like an AIRPORT. (Hmm.) 

It's still a madhouse crowd-wise (this Monday) and that didn't help. 

So for me it's basically one GIANT restaurant with less than ideal ambiance.

We took our granddaughter there this afternoon.

It gets the thumbs down from her - no toy shops.????

Nice choice of restaurants, so we will probably visit often - once the crowds have died down.

My main disappointment - I was expecting a real Routemaster London bus, but it was a poor cartoon copy.????

Very busy today , on a Monday . I think we should wait a couple of weeks for it to turn "normal". 

I want to be able to walk freely inside , but I was pushed in all directions.  I almost stumbled down the escalator......:angry:

1 hour ago, balo said:

Very busy today , on a Monday . I think we should wait a couple of weeks for it to turn "normal". 

I want to be able to walk freely inside , but I was pushed in all directions.  I almost stumbled down the escalator...…:angry:

I was surprised at the crowd on Monday as well. I think the crowds will last somewhat longer than when Marina opened. 

Archived