Now Open! Terminal21 Pattaya, New Shopping Destination in the Heart of Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

One observation is T21 certainly does not seem to have hurt Central´s business much.

Yesterday afternoon the food court at Central was pretty much full as usual and many people/lines at the market.  General walking traffic throughout the mall seemed normal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terminal 21 has managed to congest the Dolphin Roundabout area in record time. Central has taken care of Pattaya Klang and Dot-Com has done it’s bit for Pattaya Tai. What’s needed now is some bright-spark from City Hall to dig up the plans for the ‘Tram’ to complete the termoil by starting at the Dolphin, down Beach Rd. as far as Walking St. left up to the lights on 2nd Rd. and left again back up to the Dolphin. ????

I drove around Tai and Klang last weekend, the traffic seems less than I remembered. No tour buses in sight either. Might be unrelated, just a general slump in farangs fleeing, Chinese not coming and Thais bypassing, but still a welcome change. I'm still living in hope T21 acts as a black hole for the traffic.

5 minutes ago, Kim J said:

I wouldn't get too excited. It's pretty much just the same as every other big shopping centre in any city. There is nothing new or nothing remarkable about the place at all, just the usual plethora of shops, some restaurants, a food court, escalators and lifts.

And a huge tower and a red bus, plus 2 fat guys in diapers fighting.

Just now, Kim J said:

I wouldn't get too excited. It's pretty much just the same as every other big shopping centre in any city. There is nothing new or nothing remarkable about the place at all, just the usual plethora of shops, some restaurants, a food court, escalators and lifts.

Whether people get "too excited" or not is a personal matter. But sorry, dude, you've posted objectively false information. There are SEVERAL things on offer at T21 that have never existed before in Pattaya. I find that exciting but I wouldn't presume to suggest others should or shouldn't get excited about that objectively true information. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Whether people get "too excited" or not is a personal matter. But sorry, dude, you've posted objectively false information. There are SEVERAL things on offer at T21 that have never existed before in Pattaya. I find that exciting but I wouldn't presume to suggest others should or shouldn't get excited about that objectively true information. 

"There are SEVERAL things on offer at T21 that have never existed before in Pattaya"

Name them.

I visited T21 in Korat last week, essentially a carbon copy of the one in Pattaya. The only difference was that, on a Friday afternoon, the place was practically empty.

I can see the same fate for the Pattaya branch once the novelty has worn off.

45 minutes ago, Spidey said:

"There are SEVERAL things on offer at T21 that have never existed before in Pattaya"

Name them.

I visited T21 in Korat last week, essentially a carbon copy of the one in Pattaya. The only difference was that, on a Friday afternoon, the place was practically empty.

I can see the same fate for the Pattaya branch once the novelty has worn off.

The Harbor and Avenue are often empty, Central Festival Beach Rd medium busy. Surprisingly BigCX out on Klang does well. Can't speak for the other 2, BigC South and the old North one (Marina?). Too many Malls now and this can only dilute a limited audience. Doesn't look good for Mike!

Just now, jacko45k said:

The Harbor and Avenue are often empty, Central Festival Beach Rd medium busy. Surprisingly BigCX out on Klang does well. Can't speak for the other 2, BigC South and the old North one (Marina?). Too many Malls now and this can only dilute a limited audience. Doesn't look good for Mike!

Harbour and Avenue never really took off. I don't know why because Harbour has more going for it for me than T21. ( 1 really big children's play area plus a smaller free one with climbing wall, ice rink, etc.). Hasn't looked good for Mikes for some time. The clothes hawkers on the ground floor seem to be getting increasingly desperate, I hate running their gauntlet.

I still visit Central Marina for the free parking in a good location.

Big C/Homepro on Klang is a completely different offer. We go to do our weekly shop there. Can't see us doing that at any of the other malls.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Surprisingly BigCX out on Klang does well. Can't speak for the other 2, BigC South and the old North one (Marina?). 

South is always busy, people buying daily groceries. Klang is not really a surprise, fresh bakery, good selection of cheeses and meats and ready to eat foods, a bit more "farangy" thanks to it's Carrefour past. South isn't really a mall, more like supermarket with the usual hangers on attached. Marina is a different beast. The new extensions don't seem very popular, the car park is probably the main attraction.

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

South is always busy, people buying daily groceries. Klang is not really a surprise, fresh bakery, good selection of cheeses and meats and ready to eat foods, a bit more "farangy" thanks to it's Carrefour past. South isn't really a mall, more like supermarket with the usual hangers on attached. Marina is a different beast. The new extensions don't seem very popular, the car park is probably the main attraction.

You truly need to get out more.

Marina is doing better then ever since the remodel especially popular with the Thais.

Both floors of Big C many people shopping just about every day.....

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Indeed that was what I meant. The beer garden that was there in the front before the renovations was great. Went downhill.

Not to mention some of the Heineken waitress's there .. is there no beer garden thing at that 21 place ? I've avoided it like the plague so I'm none the wiser ..

Sorry but this thread is about T21 , not all other malls. 

T21 is busy every day , I know because I live here and visit daily.  Not all the shops are crowded that's true and there will be some changes , but the best ones will survive. 

7 hours ago, Kim J said:

They half built a shopping complex many years ago and it still stands today on 2nd Rd between Soi's 6 & 5. It is nothing as grand as T21 etc, but that has remained empty and unfinished apart from the Mcdonalds that is located there.

Don't forget the one at the backside, called The Bay, which is completely finished and virtually empty

5 hours ago, balo said:

Sorry but this thread is about T21 , not all other malls. 

T21 is busy every day , I know because I live here and visit daily.  Not all the shops are crowded that's true and there will be some changes , but the best ones will survive. 

So what, 15 out of 15 now in high season. 

Is there a supermarket, which is what gets me into a Mall in the main. shopping for something? So far I don't hear what I might go to buy.

Discussing other malls around the same town has some validity especially ones on the same road, Marina, Tesco, as they are impacted.

19 hours ago, Kim J said:

I wouldn't get too excited. It's pretty much just the same as every other big shopping centre in any city. There is nothing new or nothing remarkable about the place at all, just the usual plethora of shops, some restaurants, a food court, escalators lifts and constant noise.

I agree ,we live in a land of sun ,sea and whatever???? away from all the PC bull of the west with all its rules and regulations , speed cameras, cycle lanes , massive parking fees and on and on ,what is there to get exited about in a blooming shopping mall?

there is far far more to life than wandering around one of those ,sorry if this offends anyone ,but come on.

13 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I agree ,we live in a land of sun ,sea and whatever???? away from all the PC bull of the west with all its rules and regulations , speed cameras, cycle lanes , massive parking fees and on and on ,what is there to get exited about in a blooming shopping mall?

there is far far more to life than wandering around one of those ,sorry if this offends anyone ,but come on.

Sun and sea huh?

I bet if you asked 90% of those that live here: You want to go to the beach or the mall?  They will choose the mall. I actually know of noone who hangs out at the beach in the sun.

Mall=Great food choices, markets, coffees, movies, bowling, good aircon, and some of the best girl watching I have seen.

No worries, nonsense does not offend me.

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sun and sea huh?

I bet if you asked 90% of those that live here: You want to go to the beach or the mall?  They will choose the mall. I actually know of noone who hangs out at the beach in the sun.

Mall=Great food choices, markets, coffees, movies, bowling, good aircon, and some of the best girl watching I have seen.

your life must be so exciting ????

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Probably better than yours as judgmental know it all's I don't think have very exciting lives.  I go to the mall to walk.  The doctor told me to walk a mile a day.  Outside in steaming hot weather on broken pavement covered with dog poop and bugs with women yelling at me to join them or a quiet walk in an AC mall with stops for green tea along the way. 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Probably better than yours as judgmental know it all's I don't think have very exciting lives.  I go to the mall to walk.  The doctor told me to walk a mile a day.  Outside in steaming hot weather on broken pavement covered with dog poop and bugs with women yelling at me to join them or a quiet walk in an AC mall with stops for green tea along the way. 

Thanks but  i do my walking on our walking machine ,the wife does marathons ,as for women shouting at me after being married to the wife for over 20 years i dont go places where girls shout at me , as for the green tea ,nice at home or sitting in the garden ,i didnt come to live out here in the sunshine to spend it cooped up in shopping malls all day , i have a life ????

4 hours ago, Kim J said:

I do not want to appear to be being facetious, but why would you go to a shopping centre on a daily basis? And what do you do whilst you are there?

Best toilets in Pattaya. Take a book.

17 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Imagine a life where you visit T21 every day.Sad Life for some unless you work there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I could.

I know plenty here who go to the same breakfast or coffee spot everyday to eat or socialize with friends.

There are things much worse I guess. Like being married and seeing the same person every day over and over........

6 hours ago, Kim J said:

I do not want to appear to be being facetious, but why would you go to a shopping centre on a daily basis? And what do you do whilst you are there?

When I stay in Bangkok I always stay between Asoke and Nana and do most of my eating in the food court in 21,if I was staying anywhere near the one in pattaya I would probably visit it at least once a day to eat and get a coffee.

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I go to the beach for a couple of hours every day on my annual two month visit in jomtien,as I like to walk I use the malls to cool down just do a bit of window shopping and a troll round the supermarket and back out again.Do they have a Muji in the new terminal 21? 

6 hours ago, Kim J said:

As I already explained in other posts I do my daily exercise inside T21 .

I am an active person which includes 10k on my bicycle every day. Then to avoid the heat I walk another 5k inside the mall. T21 is perfect to walk around from ground floor up to SF. Then to finish the exercise I drink a healthy smoothie in the food court and eat some food. 

So I observe what's going on inside the mall almost every day. 

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Depends if I ask the teenagers around here or adults. Teenies like malls, adults go elsewhere for entertainment. I guess since your nick has BKK in it you hang out with the vampire crowd that melts in the sun and can't walk 20m without AC, yes those inhabit the malls. Hideous creatures. Gimme a beach girl any time - or even a coconut girl. Hell, make it a katoy or a motocy taxi, soi dog or anything but not those white abominations. Just sayin' since you're not offended.

Archived