Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

Now Open! Terminal21 Pattaya, New Shopping Destination in the Heart of Pattaya

Recommended Posts

On 10/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, how241 said:

Why all the negativity ??   It you don't like the new mall then don't go there....I doubt if any of you negative posters have any financial interest in this property...

Because it screws up the rest of Pattaya even more.  had it been on the Dark Side it may have made some sense.  Positioned where it is, it makes no planning sense at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Because it screws up the rest of Pattaya even more.  had it been on the Dark Side it may have made some sense.  Positioned where it is, it makes no planning sense at all. 

A terminal 21 megamall on the darkside would have made NO SENSE. The idea is totally absurd.

 

But it is obviously true that they have built a huge people magnet without anywhere near the surrounding infrastructure that it should have. Yes it will congest already congested traffic. That situation definitely totally sucks and it will suck for as long as it takes for Pattaya to modernize it's transport infrastructure. (Maybe never.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

A terminal 21 megamall on the darkside would have made NO SENSE. The idea is totally absurd.

 

But it is obviously true that they have built a huge people magnet without anywhere near the surrounding infrastructure that it should have. Yes it will congest already congested traffic. That situation definitely totally sucks and it will suck for as long as it takes for Pattaya to modernize it's transport infrastructure. (Maybe never.)

Yep, you must be right, I guess that out of City shopping malls, as seen all over the western world, just dont work ??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Because it screws up the rest of Pattaya even more

The only one seems to be complaining is you .  I think if you want to keep Pattaya as it was 10 years ago that's history now. 

 

I suggest Phnom Penh if you want to live in a city without big malls.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Yep, you must be right, I guess that out of City shopping malls, as seen all over the western world, just dont work ??? 

This is a major beach resort city that heavily relies on TOURISM.

The dark side is off the tourist circuit.

 

Next ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, balo said:

The only one seems to be complaining is you

I too think they should have built it somewhere else with much more parking and access space,

dark side of Sukhumvit or better (for me)  Jomtien...but its done now.

 

I wonder how "Harbor mall" and "Central Marina" will fair with so much competition nearby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T-21 is in good location, Central Festival in good location but at this time with out an elevated light rail system they have got the cart before the horse. And the traffic congestion is going to affect revenue streams. Imagine how the Bangkok malls would be doing today without the sky train. How often would you go from Silom-Emporium with no BTS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, morrobay said:

T-21 is in good location, Central Festival in good location but at this time with out an elevated light rail system they have got the cart before the horse. And the traffic congestion is going to affect revenue streams. Imagine how the Bangkok malls would be doing today without the sky train. How often would you go from Silom-Emporium with no BTS. 

Yes, the congestion situation is kind of crazy, in a bad way. Perhaps many people will go there during off peak hours perhaps balancing out the scare away factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree it will mess up the traffic , they have been talking about some sort of train from Naklua to S-Pattaya , but can't see it happening anytime soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Wow, that's quite a statement there, which imo only can come from a fanboy who's life centres around spending time in malls because aircon at home is too expensive.

 

I live here permanently, longer than any of the malls exist in Pattaya, and I can say in all that time I haven't been to Central more than 15 times, and less to any other of the malls.

 

Reason is because I see no point in visiting a mall if I don't need something that is exclusively available at that location.

 

I'm sure though that I'm not alone in that opinion.

Most will go and see what all the fuss is about and find that most of the shops sell "stuff" and then you realise the clothes are all skinny and you haven't been able to get into that size jeans for 50 years,you realise that you will never ever go any where near the place during the weekend again,you work out when is the best time to visit the food court and the fastest way to get there and That's all you see of it in the future,then you feel suitably smug that you don't spend your money on "stuff",go have a beer and spend it on sex,life is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, adammike said:

Most will go and see what all the fuss is about and find that most of the shops sell "stuff" and then you realise the clothes are all skinny and you haven't been able to get into that size jeans for 50 years,you realise that you will never ever go any where near the place during the weekend again,you work out when is the best time to visit the food court and the fastest way to get there and That's all you see of it in the future,then you feel suitably smug that you don't spend your money on "stuff",go have a beer and spend it on sex,life is good.

Bet you haven't been there?  I think they have Uniglo and I buy a lot of clothes from there.  36 inch waist.

 

Why not go take a look and then report back instead of making up more anti stuff? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Because it screws up the rest of Pattaya even more.  had it been on the Dark Side it may have made some sense.  Positioned where it is, it makes no planning sense at all. 

I don't see how it would screw up Pattaya. Pattaya continues to grow and this is part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Bet you haven't been there?  I think they have Uniglo and I buy a lot of clothes from there.  36 inch waist.

 

Why not go take a look and then report back instead of making up more anti Thai stuff? 

What are you on about? Of course I haven't been there I am in north Wales but I will when I visit in January,when I am in Bangkok I eat all my meals in the food court in the Asoke mall,and I shop in Uniglo in the festival mall in pattaya though I have never been able to get a pair of trousers to fit my 34inch waist got chuncky thighs.please point out the anti Thai element in my post or delete it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

It looks absolutely fxxxing awful To come 6,000 miles to live and you see this place on your doorstep, that tries to look like the very places many of us travel to Asia to get away from.  I won't be  bothering with the place any time soon.  

The last thing in my mind when I came here was to get away from a mall.

Most normal westerners I know like some mix. It is not a problem they are strong minded.

Some type of western influence in their lives is healthy.

The people I know who escape to a nowhere province are odd.  Why?  They seem to be running away from something or have a mental illness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 2:18 PM, KhunBENQ said:
On 10/20/2018 at 2:07 PM, TheGhostWithin said:

 

Thailand is all about the street stalls, keep the overpriced, cold shopping malls elsewhere.  

Care for a worn-out phrase?

Pattaya is not Thailand and Thailand is not Pattaya :biggrin:

And Pattaya now has 2 "cold shopping malls". Hooray!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...