Now Open! Terminal21 Pattaya, New Shopping Destination in the Heart of Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

39 minutes ago, balo said:

I am an active person which includes 10k on my bicycle every day. Then to avoid the heat I walk another 5k inside the mall. T21 is perfect to walk around from ground floor up to SF. Then to finish the exercise I drink a healthy smoothie in the food court and eat some food. 

So I observe what's going on inside the mall almost every day. 

First valid reason to enter a mall ever. Do they already have those keeping grannies fit tours roaming the aisles?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Depends if I ask the teenagers around here or adults. Teenies like malls, adults go elsewhere for entertainment. I guess since your nick has BKK in it you hang out with the vampire crowd that melts in the sun and can't walk 20m without AC, yes those inhabit the malls. Hideous creatures. Gimme a beach girl any time - or even a coconut girl. Hell, make it a katoy or a motocy taxi, soi dog or anything but not those white abominations. Just sayin' since you're not offended.

No, I think you are hilarious.

Actually, I would spend more time at the beach during the day but girl watching there is a big negative.

Especially the Falang woman just unattractive/overweight in way too small Euro style suits just a sickening site.

Most of the attractive Asians are all covered up as they hate the sun.

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Thanks but  i do my walking on our walking machine ,the wife does marathons ,as for women shouting at me after being married to the wife for over 20 years i dont go places where girls shout at me , as for the green tea ,nice at home or sitting in the garden ,i didnt come to live out here in the sunshine to spend it cooped up in shopping malls all day , i have a life ????

Sounds like I have a life because I get out and socialize with people while you are at home afraid to face Thailand and have to walk a machine indoors and don't have the money for a green tea at a lovely restaurant.  I'm out and you are at home who is cooped up?

48 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Depends if I ask the teenagers around here or adults. Teenies like malls, adults go elsewhere for entertainment. I guess since your nick has BKK in it you hang out with the vampire crowd that melts in the sun and can't walk 20m without AC, yes those inhabit the malls. Hideous creatures. Gimme a beach girl any time - or even a coconut girl. Hell, make it a katoy or a motocy taxi, soi dog or anything but not those white abominations. Just sayin' since you're not offended.

Average count of teens to adults in the mall is 47 adults to 6 teens based on the photo below.  I think you may be letting old fart syndrome effect your view of contemporary shopping.  

mall1.jpg

58 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Sounds like I have a life because I get out and socialize with people while you are at home afraid to face Thailand and have to walk a machine indoors and don't have the money for a green tea at a lovely restaurant.  I'm out and you are at home who is cooped up?

nice try , but then i have a lovely family , and have managed to "face" thailand ,for many years having business in BKK , then after we spent quite a few years back in the UK been back for 12 years in our lovely det house with a large garden , enjoying my green tea ,oh and coffee there ,

you are begining to sound desperate .

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Average count of teens to adults in the mall is 47 adults to 6 teens based on the photo below. 

I am deeply awed by your ability to read ages of Asians from a grainy photo. Most can't do it even face to face. Alas, the elders are likely teens that just got old.

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

But I have to agree the small restaurant in Foodland is OK, for me an infinitely better option than T21 food court.

That's the Tuuk La Dee, ie. Cheap & Good in English, yes? I like the one in Royal Garden, not crowded and the Thai food is edible. Haven't tried T21, so can somebody compare?

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

That's the Tuuk La Dee, ie. Cheap & Good in English, yes? I like the one in Royal Garden, not crowded and the Thai food is edible. Haven't tried T21, so can somebody compare?

Hard to compare since the one at Foodland you can pick food from the grocery store and they will cook it.  At least they cooked it for me.  Make your own menu.

1 hour ago, ThaiBob said:

Another visit today, absolutely packed, the restaurants were busy. They have overflow parking on the backside Soi, like you were going to Central Marina. 

I arrived there about 1.45, had lunch in Pier 21 with no queue for the card and then once we had food no problem in getting a table. Wandered round after but surprisingly did not find it oppressively busy although a lot more people then when I went there a couple of weeks ago mid week. 

Has anybody else seen the little train on wheels that drives around with passengers in the separate carriages - on the 2nd floor? With all the people about it seemed a bit crazy and we had to stop to let it go past and then.......

It was going through a fairly narrow gap near a pillar when the last carriage caught the side of an advertising light box at knee level and ripped the cover clean off........The driver did actually eventually stop and the train was still stopped as we disappeared down an escalator on the opposite side.  

56 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Just reading the word "Shopping", makes me sick.

????

If you are a man, I get it I do not think in most cases it is a prerogative.

I go to the mall a lot but thinking about it, I rarely if ever shop or buy anything.

Mostly eating, movies, coffee, food market.

Maybe a shirt at AIIZ from time to time that is about it.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I practically live there these days (say Hi!) but I've been trying to avoid weekends. So do you think it will eventually calm down even on weekends? 

No, I do no think so.

Seems to be a destination spot for the weekenders.

But, why not it is a cool place.

Gimme a beach girl any time - or even a coconut girl. Hell, make it a katoy or a motocy taxi, soi dog or anything but not those white abominations. Just sayin' since you're not offended.

I'd draw the line at soi dog...leave them for the "real dog lovers" [emoji33]

18 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

Another visit today, absolutely packed, the restaurants were busy. They have overflow parking on the backside Soi, like you were going to Central Marina. 

Wouldnt even go near the place at the weekends ,it just for tourists ,and by that i mean all the out of towners that come to Pattaya for the weekends,the town has been packed for years ever since Central opened , now its a bloody nightmare .

On 11/24/2018 at 2:44 PM, ThaiBob said:

I was there on Friday evening, and it wasn't very busy (that was after 7pm). Once the excitement of the new mall dies down we'll see where it goes. I was at Central on Saturday evening at it seemed about as busy as usual, (if one can define usual in a seasonal city full of tourists). I still think Central will appeal more to tourists due to its location.

6 hours ago, tropo said:

I was there on Friday evening, and it wasn't very busy (that was after 7pm). Once the excitement of the new mall dies down we'll see where it goes. I was at Central on Saturday evening at it seemed about as busy as usual, (if one can define usual in a seasonal city full of tourists). I still think Central will appeal more to tourists due to its location.

I agree the mall in general, food court and Tops market at Central all seem to be about the same as usual.

I have talked with several people who do not even know T21 is open and have not been there.  Some do not even know it is there as they never go past Soi 6.

Seems more Thais at food court T21 then Central.

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

have talked with several people who do not even know T21 is open and have not been there.  Some do not even know it is there as they never go past Soi 6.

Good point , if they want tourists in T21 they should offer a free shuttle bus from beach rd. 

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It's 30m away at the Dolphin roundabout!

Well I was thinking more about S-Pattaya , 2-3 km away. Or Jomtien. Of course they can all just jump on a 10 baht baht bus. But tourists are too lazy . 

26 minutes ago, balo said:

Well I was thinking more about S-Pattaya , 2-3 km away. Or Jomtien. Of course they can all just jump on a 10 baht baht bus. But tourists are too lazy . 

Not long ago there was a big gap in 2nd road between Soi 6 and dolphin. It's been since filled with shops, Korea town, etc, but 6 still seems to be a watershed line. Maybe a mall isn't the kind of attraction that gets the basic tourist milling around Royal Garden take ride a songtaew trip to the northern heights. I likey, let the bangkokians and naklua dwellers roam there and leave us southeners alone.

14 minutes ago, Aceman80 said:

Also escalators were scary,no safety anywhere,someone is going to jump/drop from there.

Pattaya balcony diver's club accepts new memberships every once in a while, can't remember when was the last time some one joined at Central. IIRC the LZ was in the middle of a clothes shop area on bottom floor. The charm of Asian shopping malls, eh?

Archived