Free Shuttle Bus....

14 hours ago, scooterboy said:

Yes. Just used it a few days ago. At DMK look for exit door 6 after Customs exit, go outside and just to the left is the bus - and bus counter. At the counter present your Swampy flight confirmation details/boarding pass (if you already have one, that is). The guy will note your flight details in an old book and rubber-stamp your hand (all very hi-tech!). Board the bus, where there is plenty of room for your luggage. How often the bus runs? I think I saw info saying every half hour..... If you run into any problems along the way, just ask for help at one of the Information Counters in the DMK airport.

Cheers

Thanks.............

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The shuttle bus is of course running. It is convenient, timely, and better yet, no drama. It is far better alternative than taking a cab and having a 50/50 chance of an altercation regarding fares.

Unless you are bring steamer trunks, or old and gimping, DON'T take a Taxi. Just say NO!

• Sad 1

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I'm not sure but i expect they will not let you on without a flight THAT day.

Ok wasn't sure as I read conflicting reports. No Biggie anyway.

I have a ticket into DMK but don't fly out of BKK till the next day so wasn't sure if applicable.  

Edited by stament

On 9/2/2019 at 7:49 AM, stament said:

Ok wasn't sure as I read conflicting reports. No Biggie anyway.

I have a ticket into DMK but don't fly out of BKK till the next day so wasn't sure if applicable.  

I fly out of BKK several times a year and I use the Shuttle service from DMK. I have never been refused on the Shuttle wether it’s an early flight the next day or later flight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2018 at 4:52 AM, scooterboy said:

Yes. Just used it a few days ago. At DMK look for exit door 6 after Customs exit, go outside and just to the left is the bus - and bus counter. At the counter present your Swampy flight confirmation details/boarding pass (if you already have one, that is). The guy will note your flight details in an old book and rubber-stamp your hand (all very hi-tech!). Board the bus, where there is plenty of room for your luggage. How often the bus runs? I think I saw info saying every half hour..... If you run into any problems along the way, just ask for help at one of the Information Counters in the DMK airport.

Cheers

Excellent  informative post.

• 4 months later...

Had to wait a few minutes, the stop is just south of the Amari hotel bridge, looking over to the railway station.

A taxi was blocking the buses access to the stop, and that in turn was blocked by a meter cab!

Almost there now, making good time, light traffic.

Landed about 20:10, coming upto 21:45, arrived BKK.

20200122_205322.jpg

20200122_205548.jpg