Thousands of Thai women are "victims" helping foreigners in "marriages of convenience"

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Why on earth would someone get involved  in a "fake marriage" to stay in Thailand? Indians? India has nothing to envy from Thailand !... Maybe Pakistan or Nepal, but seeing Thailand as "a land of opportunity" seems really far fetched. 

So just more BJ BS...

A lot of westerners.

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This will be the next group to draw the attention of Big Joke,

which is a good thing,as long as genuine marriages don't get  

caught up in it.

regards worgeordie

Thin line between a fake marriage and some so-called genuine marriages, where the word love is lost in translation.

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Thin line between a fake marriage and some so-called genuine marriages, where the word love is lost in translation.

Marriage is not about love and never has been anywhere in the world.

Marriage is about securing land/business/power/money for your family name, and the children you are about to produce.

I hate the way Hollywood has destroyed all purpose and common sense to western men with their silly modern memes. I doubt very much that Thai Immigration (or your Thai wife) thinks 'genuine' marriages are about love.

14 hours ago, anterian said:

''Their report featured a marriage certificate that had been attached to a power pole '' why would someone marry a power pole?

To put a bit of "spark" into the relationship?

For that extra "tingle" when one embraces ones beloved?

The wish to enjoy a well grounded relationship?

Must go now, the taxi's outside...

I dont why Thai women bother with the Indians and Africans. Those guys are far too savvy for them. The European man is by far the easiest to marry and transfer his cash and assets.

Maybe Thai women are getting desperate  because the supply of cashed up generous farangs looking for a Thai wife is drying up.

16 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Why on earth would someone get involved  in a "fake marriage" to stay in Thailand? Indians? India has nothing to envy from Thailand !... Maybe Pakistan or Nepal, but seeing Thailand as "a land of opportunity" seems really far fetched. 

So just more BJ BS...

Thailand GDP per capita 6,600 USD

India      GDP per capita 1,900  USD

Of course many want to move to a country nearly 4 times as wealthy and with corresponding wages.

OMG! get the rope!

I think their really needs to be a separation of "foreigners"  when it points a lot to Africans, Indians, Paks... etc...  It really puts us "all" in the bad boat when these nationalities are the majority of law breakers... Kind of like saying "Asians go to America or UK soley to make money"  I've read that Indians and Paks are classified as Asians as well. but I guess the French hate "Farangs" too... and non French hate the term farangs as well...  We live in a modern world with technical words are used... can they get on the same page too?

Then this article would have understanding instead of lets put up or defenses... ok my opinion... 

3 minutes ago, bluesea said:

Thailand seems to be  getting more scams than Nigeria or is it just Bad Journalism looking for a Story.

If the Thai media floods the country with minor issues the serious issues of human rights infringements, disappearing people and Junta corruption tends to get buried.

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

Where in the article does it say Indians?

It says foreigners.

The problem has been revealed as widespread and usually features men from India and Pakistan who want to come and live and work in Thailand, reported TNA., Colin! Usually, you read OP properly...no coffee this morning?   :smile:                                                                                                                                          

18 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

What benefits do they lose?

I guess opportunity to boom boom.  But district office marriage should not stop an enterprising women in working around it.  Could always get a nonbinding Buddhist marriage which most Thais prefer or live with their husband, who is probably handsome anyway.

There is no country on Earth where women as a group willingly take responsibility for their actions.  You won't find this in Thailand or really any other country.  In the states if a woman is pregnant she can immediately apply for state assistance at taxpayer expense and the government will track down the evil no good man and throw him in jail if he can't pay her monthly child support on time.  The fact that she willingly slept with a crack head or other obviously criminally bad person won't be spoken of because she's a "victim".  Same story different language and place sadly.  In a perfect world a Thai woman *breaking the law* wouldn't be a victim she'd be a perpetrator.  You can bet that if it were males particularly foreign males that's what the title of the piece would be.  Now in fairness I would further wager that if it were foreign females doing this to Thai males then the reporting might not be so lopsided but who knows.

Archived