Anyone recently attended Group Thai lessons?

Inquisitorial

Hi

I want to try and learn some Thai and am looking at attending group lesson at one of the Language schools.  I have found some reviews of various schools but they are rather dated and I would like to get some more up to date info.

I was hoping to get some feedback from the TV community who have attended these courses and if they would recommend them.

I am only looking to learn basic daily conversation Thai, being in my 60’s and a bit death I don’t think I am going to be very good but thought it would be fun to try as I am newly retired and will be spending 4 to 6 months in Thailand each year. I would like to give it a go.

Any one attended the TLS classes?  There is one not far from our Condo in Bangkok and seems to be fairly reasonably priced. 30 lessons for 4200 baht.

Thanks 

I used Pro Language for six months in a group class. It was quite good as they start you off with Thai words and simple phrases that you can put into practical use. They don't get into Thai script until after six months ... that might work for you? You could go while you're in Thailand, and consolidate your learning whilst out of Thailand so that when you go back you are up to date and ready for the next stage. 

12 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I used Pro Language for six months in a group class. It was quite good as they start you off with Thai words and simple phrases that you can put into practical use. They don't get into Thai script until after six months ... that might work for you? You could go while you're in Thailand, and consolidate your learning whilst out of Thailand so that when you go back you are up to date and ready for the next stage. 

Thanks Alex I will check them out. I see they offer one free visit.

Another school that you might consider is YMCA, it is  relatively inexpensive at 3000 baht per month.

They also teach in latin alphabet if you don't  want to learn the  writing which is quite tough for beginners and retirees.

There are 8 levels for learning Thai without writing Thai script. Each level is roughly 5 weeks with 3 classes per week of 2 hours duration.

You can stop at any level.

I am talking about YMCA Chiang Mai , there is a branch in Bangkok but not sure whether there are Thai courses there .

Archived