American tourist found dead at Koh Lanta

snoop1130

American tourist found dead at Koh Lanta

By The Phuket News

1540208649_1-org.jpg

The body of American tourist Nasa Gragg Jr, 26, was found at Klongnin Beach. Photo: Krabi Tourist Assistance Centre

PHUKET:-- An American tourist was found dead in the water, believed drowned, off Koh Lanta last week, The Phuket News has learned.

The news was discovered while The Phuket News was making further enquiries into the death of a different American tourist, Priell Schmalbach, originally from Florida, who died from his injuries after falling while rock climbing at Railay Beach, Ao Nang in Krabi.

The American who drowned at Koh Lanta, across Phang Nga Bay from Phuket, was named by police as Nasa Gragg Jr, 26. Police confirmed his nationality by his passport, Lt Col Attapong Sanjaiwut of the Krabi Tourist Police told The Phuket News today (Oct 22).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/american-tourist-found-dead-at-koh-lanta-69065.php#4WWZMcykyXrzFymr.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-10-22

20 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

At first glance, doesn't appear to be an 'American' name but a check of the phone books, lists about 1700 Gragg's in New York/New Jersey alone............RIP Nasa  Shalom.

As others said, there is no such thing as an 'American' name. Spelling variations are imaginative to say the least already at the origin, imagine when transliterated to Thai. Could it be Nathan for Nasa? Or could it be that his parents were space fanatics? Not that it matters much for this poor guy now.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:26 AM, sirineou said:

No you lived in a world of your time. As Bob Dylan sang "Times are a changin"

The point is that there is no such thing as an American name , Americans are immigrants from all over the world . If you have a name and you are American its an American name. 

No- as an immigrant your "American" name was actually due to your family's immigration. But then again, that's not rocket science.

• 1 month later...

My nephew coverted to the great Sunni Muslim faith & he was American from Flint, Michigan. This was his birthday trip and turned 26 on the day he died. He was a personal trainer going to school to be a physical therapist in Tampa, Florida where he lived. He Had LOTS of struggle wounds on his body, it took the 27 days to get his body back to the U.S from the Embassy in Bangkok and we still don't have the autopsy report. His luggage is gone and wallet... We have his passport because he left it in his hotel room drawer in case it got lost/wet... This story is bullshit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 1:30 PM, IndiaGragg said:

My nephew coverted to the great Sunni Muslim faith & he was American from Flint, Michigan. This was his birthday trip and turned 26 on the day he died. He was a personal trainer going to school to be a physical therapist in Tampa, Florida where he lived. He Had LOTS of struggle wounds on his body, it took the 27 days to get his body back to the U.S from the Embassy in Bangkok and we still don't have the autopsy report. His luggage is gone and wallet... We have his passport because he left it in his hotel room drawer in case it got lost/wet... This story is bullshit!

Very sad (and scary).  Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 1:30 AM, IndiaGragg said:

First, I am so sorry for you and your families loss. I knew Jabaar and was absolutely shocked when I heard the news’s I’m curious to know if you or the family has found out anything regarding Jabbar’s death?  I’m curious though, if his luggage was gone, but his passport was still in his room someone had to have known where he was staying and what room #.  So I would think if the luggage is gone, it would be on the hotels security tape someone leaving with it.??  I’m sure this is all things the family has thought of and went over in their heads daily. Jabaar was a nice person. He had the sweetest smile. But, he loved the ladies and the ladies loved him. It shocks me that he would go on a trip alone. I know he wanted to go for his Birthday. Has anyone checked to see if someone met him there or if he met a girl there?  Again, I’m so sorry for your loss and, as you, just want justice for Jabaar. 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:30 PM, IndiaGragg said:

It has been a few months. This post  has some inconsistencies and if you are reading, I hope you can clarify. You state that the body had struggle wounds. How do you know that if you do not have the autopsy results? Was the body examined by a professional with an understanding of the physical deterioration that occurs after a body has been in the ocean for some time or is this a misinterpretation of the normal processes that accompany death by drowning.

The USA embassy hasn't given any indication that there was wrongdoing here. Perhaps before claiming a wrongful act occurred, you will clarify the facts.

thank you.

Archived