USA income affidavit

35 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

How long do you have to stay in US to get that done and do you do it by mail or in person. Please.

I have done only once. In my county, police report is walk in, walk-out. For doctor, you have to make an appointment. May be 7-day. By mail, it is not possible. May be somebody can try it. I will explore it next time around. But I like going to the USA once a year at least. Border hop is for avoiding reporting your address (with all its nuances for TM30 etc.) every 90-day.

Edited by onera1961

33 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

That is a key bit of info and answers some of the questions being raised by people in the Brit Embassy letter thread.

the big question is, do other Imm Offices around the country have the same understanding?

Also- did she indicate whether the 65 a month would have to be coming in from abroad?

She just said transfer of 65k a month would be acceptable. I did not quiz her on that as I will put 800 k in a Thai bank for next year. I basically listened and when she asked me if I knew about the USA embassy letters needing to be dated before January 1, 2019 and then no longer acceptable after the first 6 months of next year,  I said no I thought it was the British embassy but not USA embassy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I have done only once. In my county, police report is walk in, walk-out. For doctor, you have to make an appointment. May be 7-day. By mail, it is not possible. May be somebody can try it. I will explore it next time around. But I like going to the USA once a year at least. Border hop is for avoiding reporting police state's (Thailand) reporting of your address (with all its nuances for TM30 etc.) every three 90-day.

You stay in Thailand for a year and don't do a 90 day report? 

8 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I have done only once.

OK Thanks. I  am Florida boy so have to use the Washington DC Embassy which says for O-A

Processing time : (with completed documents)
In person   5 business days
By mail      minimum 15 business days

Which then becomes a bit of a logistics game either spending time back/forth to WDC or at least a month in USA via mail. But doable once every 2 years.

One fella in another thread a few days ago had just gotten his US Income Affidavit and said the Consular Officer told him there were on-going discussions about this with the Thai Immigration Bureau.  

Media/Social Media can foment these random, ripple type reactions, moreso given the Thai government still, to some degree, operates as provincial fiefdoms.  Be interesting to hear what, if anything, comes out of all this.

6 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

It's not= anymore= than bringing in money via an ATM machine and depositing it. As many others have stated- I have no intention of placing 800K in a Thai bank account in a lump sum when there are other  options available.  The law says evidence of income of 65K per month.  It doesn't really state what the source is. That's how agents  do what they do

You don't have to have 800K as I understand it. 65K per month or a combination of both income/money coming in and deposited funds. They will accept your Thai bank book as evidence. In fact, they will have to if your embassy won't give out a letter. How the hell else are you going to prove it? 

The only thing I see is that everyone will now need a Thai bank account. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Thailand is not a police state.  It's in your mind. 

Yes, when police can demand urine sample on the street, tries to track your every movement (by 90-day reporting which is not uniform across all immigration office), controls the Web, tries to monitor social media sites, bans e-cigarette, etc. etc. I can give many more examples, for me it is a police state.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

What does an applicant do who gets an Embassy letter in Mar 2019 for an extension in August 2019 

The OP says the Supervisor said letters dated BEFORE Jan 1st. 2019. After that date they will not be accepted.

Edited by pontious
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You do 4 border hops a year to avoid doing a 90 day report?

Yessssss. Just to stick it to police state's demand. If they had a smooth 90-day reporting across all immigration offices, I would have complied. Hey I am not responsible for TM30 but I will be fined in some offices when I go for 90-day reporting. 

38 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The thing is, most of the people saying they do not need 65K a month/800K a year  to live here have no health insurance nor the necessary savings to pay for a major health care expense, and when asked about it say they can't afford health insurance.

Add in the cost of health insurance or true self-insuring (minimum 1 million readily accessible if using government hospitals only, 3-5 if using private, and able to replenish these amounts when/as used) and most people will find they do in fact need not much less than 65K/month.

I think what we actually have is people trying to retro fit the amount of money they have into living here and doing so by omitting any provision for health care. With often catastrophic results sooner or later.

I am not disagreeing with you. 

1 minute ago, pontious said:

The OP says the Supervisor said letters dated BEFORE Jan 1st. 2019.

Normally the letter is good for 6 months to date of extension application.  Unless the word is put out now- some people will not know what  has happened. Let's hope, if this is true, that Thai Imm will be flexible  the whole of 2019

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

No they are not. You can keep them in a Foreign Currency Account in GBP or USD or Euro.

Foreign currency accounts are a headache and costly if you attempt to use for any normal type of banking. (so I have been told). As well either way you are forced to use a Thai buniess that further helps the economy that people are currently not using.

Edited by Wilson Smith

12 minutes ago, Wilson Smith said:

Foreign currency accounts are a headache and costly if you attempt to use for any normal type of banking. (so I have been told)

Not true. Just like any other bank account except that when you transfer money from abroad you send it in GBP (or USD), and it stays there until YOU change it into Baht, via online banking into your savings account, as and when you need to, or the exchange rate is favourable. And Bkk Bank give a small interest on it.

Edited by wgdanson

6 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Yessssss. Just to stick it to police state's demand. If they had a smooth 90-day reporting across all immigration offices, I would have complied. Hey I am not responsible for TM30 but I will be fined in some offices when I go for 90-day reporting. 

Sorry, but yes, I think you would be better going home, wherever that may be.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

They will accept your Thai bank book as evidence. In fact, they will have to if your embassy won't give out a letter. How the hell else are you going to prove it? 

They will NOT accept you bank book as evidence. That's what all these threads are about. How can you say that 'they will have to', you are in their country and THEY make the rules with which we have to comply. Most of us can and do.

• Like 2