BANGKOK 22 May 2019 12:43
webfact

Krabi crackdown nets 113 cases of illegal foreigners

I guess with all these "crack downs" Thai business owners will have to find Thais to do the jobs these illegal migrants do.  Good luck! 

Lets face it,, why you don't want to make a new visa, or you don't want people to find where you are ( criminals   ) , or  wanted in ther home country..  And i'm not talking about people from next door country's.

Edited by gerritkaew

37 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Naive or new?, says the guy with ten posts to his name, half of them in this thread.......

Did n’t you read the story, it’s about illegals on Phi Phi and other tourist areas around Krabi. If you have ever been to Koh Phi Phi you would surely have seen many, many people working illegally there, you would have to be blind not to see them in the bars and guest houses. How many of these backpackers would have been born here, raised here or married a local as you claim ? None, zero, zilch.....

If so many people were not breaking the law there would be no need of these “non stop crackdowns”. Immigration police doing their job is not xenophobia, no matter what your paranoid fears might tell you.

It did not occur to you that the law is not adapted to the needs of time
and various situations, e.g. when the spouse of a Thai citizen is a foreigner

For me It even looks like the law is set up to hunt foreigners endlessly.

Besides, if these people are working it means that they are needed

because someone is willing to pay for their services.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Is there an impending sense of xenophobia in the air? Has the biggest joke made it worse? Does he despise foreigners? Is there an equal effort being made to pursue Thai lawbreakers?

Think it comes for higher up..

6 hours ago, freebyrd said:

Yep, sometimes we're flavour of the month, but most often not. I upped sticks in 2001, PI was infinitely more welcoming and after 5 years there found work in Cambodia, 12 years and counting with none of the hassles I had in TL.

It's an expensive, venal, gritty, unlucky place with bad beaches and dusky women.

Don't even get me started on the Phils

1 hour ago, marqus12 said:

It did not occur to you that the law is not adapted to the needs of time
and various situations, e.g. when the spouse of a Thai citizen is a foreigner

For me It even looks like the law is set up to hunt foreigners endlessly.

Besides, if these people are working it means that they are needed

because someone is willing to pay for their services.

And did it not occur to you that this hypothetical person could have got a marriage visa and a work permit and obeyed the law ? But I will bet that at least 99% of the people in this story that were arrested on Koh Phi Phi do not have a Thai spouse anyway, maybe somebody running one of the illegal hostels might have a Thai wife the others would be just trying to extend their party on the island.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

It's an expensive, venal, gritty, unlucky place with bad beaches and dusky women.

Don't even get me started on the Phils

One man's meat..... I've been a lot happier here than I was in Thailand.....and there is rather more to life than beaches and women.

Most countries do not accept 'illegal' immigrants, so why should Thailand?  Thailand policing may be very far from perfect, but that is no excuse for 'visitors' to abuse the law.     

• Like 1

I would appear to be the only one noticing hat there is never a mention of Chinese overstayers, Chinese criminals, Chinese gangs, Chinese gambling or anything remotely bad regarding the Chinese!!!

Maybe I am missing something???

I am 100% that not all Chinese arrive at the airport, go directly to the hotel, spend money and leave on time!

Anyone have an opinion?

• Haha 1

Wow...very impressive raid once again !...and amongst these "hard core" overstayers, how many were racketed by the Thai Police, to shell out 300 quid for broken toilet bowls ??

7 minutes ago, NobbyClarke said:

I would appear to be the only one noticing hat there is never a mention of Chinese overstayers, Chinese criminals, Chinese gangs, Chinese gambling or anything remotely bad regarding the Chinese!!!

I am 100% that not all Chinese arrive at the airport, go directly to the hotel, spend money and leave on time!

Anyone have an opinion?

I dont see why nationality is important here, beside it being non-thai. What makes you think that non of those 113 cases this article is about is Chinese? No other nationalities is mentioned in this article, so i see no need to exclude the possibility that there might be Chinese among them here.

Also, there is plenty of news concerning Chinese criminals being caught as so many other nationalities, so i guess you are missing something. There has been plenty of news about Chinese tour agents getting caught without proper work permit. Seem like you are baiting for some bias here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NobbyClarke said:

Anyone have an opinion?

There have been a few reports on TV of Chinese on overstay  but was not very long overstay. The ones coming over now are not working have lots of money and leave  and come back again. They are over running and buying property all over California as well. Guess you haven't seen the Chinese in Malls pushing large suitcases that they fill with goods they buy at the malls and then take home. My wife and I bought a condo in Jomtien to rent out , while waiting in office for a van to take us back to our car 6 Chinese couples came in with a Thai guide to purchase condo's.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

A net that should have been tightened many years ago.

a load of BS. if they checked into hotels.. it is the hotels responsibility to reporttheir arrival to immigration.. and immigration allowed the overstayers knowingly.  copies of passports and arrival stamps and visa issued is standard practice. to arrest so many at one time only means immigration was bribed or didn't care to do their jobs. It is good they finally did something.. But this action seems more for show than anything. If the immigration is not checking arrivals into hotels daily then this will happen again if they choose to make another show. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

a load of BS. if they checked into hotels.. it is the hotels responsibility to reporttheir arrival to immigration.. and immigration allowed the overstayers knowingly.  copies of passports and arrival stamps and visa issued is standard practice. to arrest so many at one time only means immigration was bribed or didn't care to do their jobs. It is good they finally did something.. But this action seems more for show than anything. If the immigration is not checking arrivals into hotels daily then this will happen again if they choose to make another show. 

I make it simle for you. Immigration database shows that a lot of persons overstay thaier visa. Hotels are registering persons staying. 1+1 is still 2. Crackdown coming and also nets people that re working illegally and staying without visa.