BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

expat1010

Breaking up with my Thai girlfriend

No sure if this right forum.

I am wanting to end my three plus year relationship with my Thai girlfriend. Has anyone successfully ended a relationship with a Thai girlfriend without the usual extended drama. I have a fairly nice circle of farang friends with Thai wives and girlfriends and I would rather not been perceived by my friend’s GFs/wives as the bad actor in this breakup, as I would expect my next GF will likely come from an introduction from this group. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It all depends how you plan to end it. Avoid making her lose face if possible and always remain calm.

Best of luck

Well I’m assuming you’ve been around the block a few times and this isn’t the first time you’ve split with wife/GF.

It’s always a crap shoot how it go’s, but be prepared for a little more screaming than you’re used to. Watch a Lakorn or two, and you’ll get the gist!

But seriously Good Luck, as the song says...Breaking up is hard to do

Telling her you're gay may be the easiest and safest route, apart from plastic surgery and entering a witness protection program that is. Good luck with whatever you decide, it's not easy I know.

Stop giving her money is usually the easiest way, they soon drift off.

(There must be 50 ways to leave your lover)

I have also moved house without telling her, that was completely stress free.

(Just slip out the back)

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

(Just slip out the back)

I think speed is important, don't drag it out otherwise it will go on forever, make it a sharp sudden shock and then done, then go off the radar for a while.

Learn the words to all of Uncle’s songs and sing them constantly. She’ll be gone in the time it takes to pack.

It seems (many) Thai women need a "real" reason. If you would tell her you thought about your relationship and you don't see a happy future that is probably something which she won't accept.

If you tell her you met this wonderful young girl and the sex with that girl is so amazing that you have to marry the new one then it's likely that she will understand that you want to finish with her. Probably she will scream and make demands but she will accept your decision. Just make sure there are no knifes lying around when you tell her.

And no, I am not joking, I try to describe reality in Thailand.

Depends on your reasons, 3 yr is along time to invest in a relationship for both of you.

You know her best and you probably know how she is going to react.

Do it calmly, regretably,, but clearly, and in private.

You never know, she may be relieved ! and glad you said it first.😀

So is the "couples massage weekend" in your other post for the new one or the departing one ?

And also why you posted "thinking of relocating in Thailand" ?

So, you are expecting a bit like my avatar ? Fallout ! 😁

59 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

(Just slip out the back)

(Just slip out the back)... Jack  !

1 hour ago, expat1010 said:

....as I would expect my next GF will likely come from an introduction from this group.

...if there is a next one.

A fistfull of baht allways, but allwys quicly mend a Thai broken hearts, dry the fake tears and make them move on to the next target...

Will the break up come as a complete shock to the girlfriend ? Or are there problems, no future etc, that both parties are aware of ?

I think "why" you are breaking up will be most of how you break up. 

If you are just trading in for a new model then expect hell on earth, if both parties are aware of problems etc then the process will be easier.

Some practical measures like a place for her/you to live, transport, money (if she is reliant on you) etc. Not much use calling a break-up if still under the same roof.

As others have said, a "real" reason will probably be more acceptable, maybe get caught shagging her sister rather than "we fight a lot"

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

A fistfull of baht allways, but allwys quicly mend a Thai broken hearts, dry the fake tears and make them move on to the next target... 

Define "fistful".

There is a good chance that your definition is not the same as her definition.