Condominium In Chiangrai

ivr

Did you manage to buy a condo in Chiang Rai then. I am looking to purchase myself at the CR Condotel. prices vary from 370,000 to 1,450,000 baht. Just wondered how you got on, and if living there how is it?

For that price you can almost build your own house with 3 bed, 2 bath, kitchen, carpark, study, living, dining 2 terraces on 850 m2 land ...... well at least I did!!!

All I am saying is, stay open for all options! Don't look only at Condos, look at everything: second hand houses, regular apartments, built your own etc. and see what is best. Also chekc the rental option, lease option, purchasing through a company option etc.

May I ask, how did you buy a house. I did not think it was possible unless you own a business in Thailand and have the business buy it.

I would love to build my own house there... can you please advise what steps you took to buy land and then build.

May I ask, how did you buy a house. I did not think it was possible unless you own a business in Thailand and have the business buy it.

I would love to build my own house there... can you please advise what steps you took to buy land and then build.

Lots of possible answers to your question. For me the best solution was to put the land in the name of a trusted Thai friend and then get a 30 year lease back to me. Not a perfect situation but it works for me. I am sure you will get all kinds of advice and warnings. My personal advice would be not to put it in a girlfriends name as it seems that more often than not that doesn't seem to work out so great...though of course there are exceptions. In spite of some who say you can get three 30 year leases I did not find that to be the case. Also there are a lot of opinions on the idea of forming a Thai corporation to own "your" land. But there are also many opinions on the legality and/or wisdom of that.

I hope that 30 years from now I am still around to worry about what might or might not happen at the end of my lease. Good luck.

You just have to trust your judgement, my mrs has made sure I'm looked after if she dies before me and my attitude is that if it falls over further down the track I've more than had my money's worth out of the house (and her) anyway.

Village Farang had a good post a while back on how to make sure of your stake in your home in Thailand.

Hopefully he'll provide a link as I'm too idle to look for it. B)

You just have to trust your judgement, my mrs has made sure I'm looked after if she dies before me and my attitude is that if it falls over further down the track I've more than had my money's worth out of the house (and her) anyway.

Village Farang had a good post a while back on how to make sure of your stake in your home in Thailand.

Hopefully he'll provide a link as I'm too idle to look for it. B)

Would also like to look at this link,cheers VF.:rolleyes:

With over 2000 post now, I’m unable to remember everything I have made up, sorry I mean posted, here on TV. ;)

Not sure which post you might be referring to. I believe Sven started a topic on Usufruct, if that is of any help. There is also a plethora of information in the Housing Forum on all things house and land related. :)

With over 2000 post now, I'm unable to remember everything I have made up, sorry I mean posted, here on TV. ;)

Not sure which post you might be referring to. I believe Sven started a topic on Usufruct, if that is of any help. There is also a plethora of information in the Housing Forum on all things house and land related. :)

:jap: Wora.

When they changed the system on ThaiVisa last year the post counts went crazy.

I clearly see 7737 for me and 2174 for you on the board, but my profile says 7792 and yours says 2171.

It was explained to me once but the explainer wasn't overly sure himself.

When you hit 7000 though you get... whoops, not allowed to say it, you'll have to wait and see. B)