Welcome to New Members 2018

Tywais

On 19/02/2017 at 4:56 PM, Gonefortea said:

Signed up today been following the Forum for 7 years. Never bothered signing   up got all the information I needed by just looking.

Wise old owl fro UK well I was born there at least. First came to Thailand with HM armed forces back in 67. Fell in love with the place and came back a few times over the years untill I had served my time then made the move here in 92. Worked for Thai military as liaison for around 20 years. Retired in 2013. Married here in 92 as soon as I came over long time gf. Live now in rural Issan. Won't get to involved on forums from what I see a lot of it is self bravado and I'm not into that. Mainly joined for DIY forum and such. Don't need visa's anymore became a citizen of Thailand some years ago. (Lots of help in that respect from military here when I was in the job. Not what you know in thailand it's who you know). So can and do own a house ect. Have my Thai ID card (not the pink). And Thai Passport.

Well I dipped my toes in to the shark infested waters of thai visa. Put a few posts in and got back what I expected after reading the forum for some time before joining.  I should have stuck with my original plan diy forum only.

The pure vitriol and down right rudeness shown by what seems to be a hard core of brother posters defies logic. It's also so obvious the forum itself incites anti Thai sentiments indeed it seems to want them. God forbid if you happen to disagree with someone's opinion in there brother hood. So I will continue to read and watch the brotherhood grow but not input. Unless it's house/car or did related.

• Like 1

Well I dipped my toes in to the shark infested waters of thai visa. Put a few posts in and got back what I expected after reading the forum for some time before joining.  I should have stuck with my original plan diy forum only.

The pure vitriol and down right rudeness shown by what seems to be a hard core of brother posters defies logic. It's also so obvious the forum itself incites anti Thai sentiments indeed it seems to want them. God forbid if you happen to disagree with someone's opinion in there brother hood. So I will continue to read and watch the brotherhood grow but not input. Unless it's house/car or did related.

Would have thought you had thicker skin being 25yrs HMF. Should have been like water off a ducks back, or don't the Marines breed them like they used to?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roo860 said:

Would have thought you had thicker skin being 25yrs HMF. Should have been like water off a ducks back, or don't the Marines breed them like they used to?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Belive me it is just can't be bothered trying to educate the uneducated bitter old facts. Who are only informed of the world through forums.ĺl

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am zeropond. I am a new member of this forums site and I have to thanks this forums site to given me the chance to the member of this forums site. But I have nothing any answer to your question is about welcome to new member of 2017 but I have also the new member in 2017.

Thank You

Edited by zeropond

Hello All

I'm a new member to the forum. I've used this forum for many years to get information about my travels to Thailand but had not joined. Thought I should. Always enjoy the discussions and insights.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

My name is Kevin Pantanella from France. I am a new member of your community.

I am leaving with my Swedish wife in Bangkok since 3 years and we have a web agency named <commercial link removed>

This website is full of informations and I hope I will be a good and useful member of this community. :smile:

Have a great day.

Edited by metisdead

1 hour ago, Kevin Pantanella said:

Hi Everyone

My name is Kevin Pantanella from France. I am a new member of your community.

I am leaving with my Swedish wife in Bangkok since 3 years and we have a web agency named <commercial link removed>

This website is full of informations and I hope I will be a good and useful member of this community. :smile:

Have a great day.

Welcome to the forum! 

While helpful information is welcome from members, unauthorized promotion of your site is not allowed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Michael from USA.

Thanks for your Cool, helpful site! It was simple to register.

I'm concerned something may have happened to owner's of another cool site, that I've also frequented for info & recently "registered" with, <Other forum name removed>. I "registered" on May 4th 2017 but still have not received a confirmation to be able to sign in. After about a week, I sent another email referring my registry info but still no reply, even from their Moderator. Since I figured, most member's here are probably also member's there,  I'd mention it, in case something has happened to the other owners? 

Ok, thanks & I look forward to gathering more info re: living in Buriram, conversing on related topics & meeting new friends!

My Thai Wife & I have been back & forth to Thailand several times over the last 7 years & we have decided to settle in Buriram, although, it may be a couple more years to make the permanent move, God willing.

Thanks, Michael!   

Edited by metisdead
13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to Thaivisa.com or its sponsors.

On 5/18/2017 at 4:36 AM, SPIKEthePUNCH said:

Hi,

I'm Michael from USA.

Thanks for your Cool, helpful site! It was simple to register.

I'm concerned something may have happened to owner's of another cool site, that I've also frequented for info & recently "registered" with, <Other forum name removed>. I "registered" on May 4th 2017 but still have not received a confirmation to be able to sign in. After about a week, I sent another email referring my registry info but still no reply, even from their Moderator. Since I figured, most member's here are probably also member's there,  I'd mention it, in case something has happened to the other owners? 

Ok, thanks & I look forward to gathering more info re: living in Buriram, conversing on related topics & meeting new friends!

My Thai Wife & I have been back & forth to Thailand several times over the last 7 years & we have decided to settle in Buriram, although, it may be a couple more years to make the permanent move, God willing.

Thanks, Michael!   

Hi and a belated welcome to the Thai Visa forum!

You are welcome to seek information and share information on this forum.  Please do not share info about other forums on this forum as per this forum rule:

13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to Thaivisa.com or its sponsors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

G'day,

new here!

Had to quit a different hua hin forum after being bullied by two new hostile administrators.

Anyway my wife & I retired here (Hua Hin) in July 2012.

Kind regards,

Mike the Fritz

Edited by Mike the Fritz

roo860,

thanks for the welcome!

Well, these two bullies (calling themselves 'Lev' & 'Norseman') appeared out of the blue & pressured me to close a thread they did not approve of.

As I was not prepared to do so voluntarily, they blocked & closed down my thread.

The disappointing aspect was, only one forum member came to my defence.

It seems I had spent the last 8 or 10 years with the wrong crowd.

This forum does not seem to be 'over-active', but I still hope to find support and perhaps friends.

Have a nice weekend!

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Chery is very happy to get acquainted with you near the thaivisa community, it is known that Bangkok is always the tourist attraction of all domestic and foreign tourists. I am honored to visit, and to get acquainted with the people of your country.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...