MASSMAN

MASSMAN

Hello Everyone,

I am willing to make an effort to help all members if they need help with the Thai language.  I can read and write the Thai, which I find useful while living here.  I remember the confusion of not being able to understand, so I am happy those foreigners who need or want to understand something in the Thai language.  

I offer this service for free if the request is not too time consuming.  What is considered "too time consuming" is open to negotiation and on an individual basis.  I offer this service in a spirit of goodwill, so this is how I wish my interactions with members will be.  I look forward to helping all.    

Since you asked.....

“They prosper who burn in the morning the letters they wrote overnight.” Poetic English , does it lend itself to a simple translation?
เขาที่จะประสบประโยชน์ เป็นคนที่เผาในยามเช้า จดหมายที่เขาได้เขียนในยามเย็น

It is “Act in haste repent at leisure.” I suppose but more specific, especially apposite in these days of social media I think.
Is there a Thai equivalent already.
I am so familiar with it now that I keep adjusting the Thai so needs some input from you.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Hello tgeeser,

What you wrote in Thai is equivalent with the English.  As for the proper Thai saying about this subject, I am sure that there is one which covers this subject in a general sense.  I have seen websites which discuss Thai sayings and the English equivalents, though I don't recall the exact names now.  I will search this and get back to you if you are interested in knowing.  Thanks for post.

Of course I am interested in how Thai is constructed, and wondered whether this would mean anything to a native speaker without giving more context or whether it would be accepted only in as much as it is English prose.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Archived