Anti-junta rappers face charges under Computer Crimes Act

rooster59

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I think you raise an interesting point; what exactly do the Thai people think of the current rulers? And the current situation in their country?

Respectfully, there is a snowball's chance in hell that the Nation provides an accurate picture, nor do I believe that the "polls" that are published do either. Nor the 'newspaper that cannot be named'.

What is the true mindset of the Thai people? It is quite a feat for a video to achieve 100,000 'likes' in such a short time, especially considering the endless stories of people being arrested and charged for much less.

Is this a leading indicator of things to come?

Many people on the Forum, including myself at times, seem to think that the Junta is very secure and certainly going to plague the country for many years to come, but what if we are incorrect? What if there is a groundswell of opinion (which we as foreigners do not see and/or hear) building?

What is the true sense of the Thai people?

Hmm...

Double hmm...

Something to ponder this Saturday morning...

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Not  that people might  just be  getting  pissed  off with their countries shenanigans then?

I think the whole venue was orchestrated, An election is coming up and their are no doubt group's of people out to distract voter's thinking.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Percy P said:

I think the whole venue was orchestrated, An election is coming up and their are no doubt group's of people out to distract voter's thinking.

Doubt they can orchestrate 2 million viewers and hundred of thousand likes. 

1 minute ago, nausea said:

So the Devil doesn't have all the best tunes after all. 5.5m views last time I looked.

1 minute ago, nausea said:

So the Devil doesn't have all the best tunes after all. 5.5m views last time I looked.

How many Thai  citizens 70 million

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

it will not be good for them or their families if the songs are found to be violating the law,”

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

prompting authorities to warn the artists that they may be summoned for “attitude adjustment”

These are very scary statements.

A song has tarnished the image of a country so far, that investors might be turned away?

Yeah...right...that happened so many times in history and here it sure does!

The junta is just a bunch of ridiculous but very dangerous people! 

28 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

How very commendable and progressive of you to ‘okay’ freedom of speech. 

I am pro freedom of speech.. though even freedom of speech has it limits where it encourages hate and violence. 

Though something does need to be done against fake news.. but that is hard to combat. 

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It would depend on her job, where she comes from, and where you live.

Ethnic Siam people like the military, ethnic Laos people vote for Thaksin.

If your wife is a government official, everyone she talks to will 'like' the government. 

Policeman works for the govt , he doesn't like them and he doesn't like the police force either.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I am pro freedom of speech.. though even freedom of speech has it limits where it encourages hate and violence. 

Though something does need to be done against fake news.. but that is hard to combat. 

It should include hate and violence that way you can make an informed  opinion if someone is nuts or  not, no good  if they hide it under pretty words.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

It's coming sooner or later. I've slowly been executing on the exit plan I did in 2014, I'd suggest it's prudent to update the plan B & C from time to time in case the pressure cooker cracks again.

Why exit when you can sit at home and eat popcorn while it all unfolds and they go back to square one? ????

Found this translation of the lyrics on Facebook. Not sure how accurate.

ประเทศที่รัฐบาลไม่มีใครกล้าลบหลู่
The country that government is untouchable. 
ประเทศที่มีกฎหมายไว้ให้ตำรวจข่มขู่
The police use law to threaten people. 
ประเทศที่คนมีความคิดต้องพากันแสร้งว่าหลับอยู่ 
Though you're enlightened, you have to pretend to sleep.
และถ้ามึงไม่อยากอยู่ ถ้าเกิดเขาบังคับ มึงก็ต้องอยู่
Even you don't wanna live, they will force you to live. 
ประเทศที่คนไม่อ่านหนังสือโดยเฉพาะผู้นำ
The country that people read less, especially the leader. 
ประเทศที่บอกให้อยู่เฉยๆ ถ้าไม่อยากนอนเรือนจำ
The country that asks you to stay quiet, or stay in jail.
ประเทศที่คนมียศทุจริตแค่ไหนก็รอดทั้งวัน 
The country that corruption's always safe for the rich. 

[ ประเทศกูมี ประเทศกูมี ]
WHICH IS MY COUNTRY. WHICH IS MY COUNTRY.

6 minutes ago, hobz said:

Why exit when you can sit at home and eat popcorn while it all unfolds and they go back to square one? ????

Taking too long for the next cycle to start for my taste. The country has gotten boring with the dinosaurs in the ivory tower. 

29 minutes ago, connda said:

I think the regime is about to step on a virtual land-mine as they play right into the primary theme of the rap video. 

Yes, they are just dumb enough to do this.

How they tried to stop that musician from isaan to stop twerking on stage and it just backfired and made her super famous. 

It's gonna be very interesting to see how they deal with this..

I think if I was devil's advocate i would completely ignore it and let them be. Don't give them more publicity and don't make them martyrs by putting them in jail or trying to censor them.

8 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Their talk about charges have made the song so popular that they already 5.2 million views and 270.000 likes right now on YouTube.

Eight hours after your post: 7.3 million views.  This is on fire.

7 hours ago, JimP said:

Reaping what they sow.  I watched the video yesterday as it was being shared around the internet.  Nice job, young men.  The rhythm and pace of the song could have been changed up a bit, (it gets redundant) but I imagine the message was clear. What was with the swinging dead mannequin being beaten? Nice touch.

This was done on green screen to enlarge the background crowd. And is that the Grand Palace I see faintly in the background........ like Leonard Cohen says   Everybody Knows 

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“I want to warn musicians to not do anything that risks violating the country’s laws, as it will not be good for them or their families if the songs are found to be violating the law,” Srivara warned.

IMO, that is not the kind of statement that would work in favour of the Junta, quite the opposite in fact and going along with the lyrics of the song they are unhappy with.

This takes things to a new level with their computer violation laws; this isn't one or two dozen agreeing with/liking/sharing, this is millions of Thai people.

Warong Dechgitvigrom, a candidate in  the Democrat Party’s leadership race, said if he becomes the party leader, he will replace the party’s liberal democracy ideology with a new concept of “welfare democratic society”. https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1065169-in-fight-for-democrat-leadership-warong-vows-to-introduce-“welfare-democracy”/?utm_source=newsletter-20181027-0724&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Does anti-junta rap qualify?

I want to see Suthep and Prayut belt out a couple raps.

6 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

And all the people that like or shared it on you-tube also face charges?

Well, they'll be busy as beavers considering that the YouTube video is at 7.3 million views and growing having gained 2 million in the last 8 hours.  My guess is that the regime will be locking up about 10 to 20% of their population.  They're going to have to build a lot of new jails in a hurry.  Between 372 thousand 'political dissidents' who 'liked' the video, drug users, people who toss cigarette butts on the beach, graffiti artists, motorcycle racers, and those incarcerated on immigration charges - only about 1% of those locked up will actually be violent criminals.

1 hour ago, hobz said:

Found this translation of the lyrics on Facebook. Not sure how accurate.

ประเทศที่รัฐบาลไม่มีใครกล้าลบหลู่
The country that government is untouchable. 
ประเทศที่มีกฎหมายไว้ให้ตำรวจข่มขู่
The police use law to threaten people. 
ประเทศที่คนมีความคิดต้องพากันแสร้งว่าหลับอยู่ 
Though you're enlightened, you have to pretend to sleep.
และถ้ามึงไม่อยากอยู่ ถ้าเกิดเขาบังคับ มึงก็ต้องอยู่
Even you don't wanna live, they will force you to live. 
ประเทศที่คนไม่อ่านหนังสือโดยเฉพาะผู้นำ
The country that people read less, especially the leader. 
ประเทศที่บอกให้อยู่เฉยๆ ถ้าไม่อยากนอนเรือนจำ
The country that asks you to stay quiet, or stay in jail.
ประเทศที่คนมียศทุจริตแค่ไหนก็รอดทั้งวัน 
The country that corruption's always safe for the rich. 

[ ประเทศกูมี ประเทศกูมี ]
WHICH IS MY COUNTRY. WHICH IS MY COUNTRY.

Seems pretty accurate to me. They have shown that the anti-corruption doesn't extend to themselves. They have flung around attitude adjustments as a weapon. Banned gatherings and speaking out. Forced a vote on a constitution that only they could speak about. Stretched out elections for years. Etc. That's the harsh reality.

Archived