Anti-junta rappers face charges under Computer Crimes Act

rooster59

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The video has garnered almost 2 million views so far, with more than one hundred thousand likes..."

Every once in a while, I get the words 'powder keg' reverberating around my brain, slowly fading in and out and in and out. 

And, the numbers 1-9-9-2.

I wonder why...

Hmm...

Double hmm...

Try a lottery ticket

9 minutes ago, changmaichillin said:

Love Thailand. Hate the fact the people have no democracy, no free speech. The Junta need to be wary this kind of thing gets world wide publicity, big business might not be so keen to invest.

I prefer the Military Juntas of Asia to the repressive Globalist/multicultural/federalist gynocracies of the west.

Don't care about voting between a bunch of inept muppet candidates, none with an agenda that favours me.

Extraordinary. There is hope yet.

I'll be really thrilled when the view count reaches 100 million plus. Thing is many of the recorded views are repeat viewers. I just called my wife in to watch it. She said she'd already watched it ten times since a few days ago!

Meanwhile in related news it is reported that Gen Prawit has been seen in his office furiously stabbing at the keyboard with the unopened video on his monitor. It seems that he keeps pressing 'watch later' instead of the play button.

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I find it quite incredulous that a military clique that brought itself to power illegally almost half a decade ago by way of a coup d’etat and since then has been exerting practically unlimited power over all aspects of society would be rapped (pun intended) by a song that criticizes that this very junta… wait for it…  brought itself to power illegally almost half a decade ago by way of a coup d’etat and since then has been exerting practically unlimited power over all aspects of society.

Claiming that the song “defames” the country and “poses a threat to national security” is cynical in its “inconsistency with the truth.” The fact is that the junta defamed the country the moment it took power and has been defaming the country every single day since through its very existence. When are they going to prosecute and jail themselves for this? The biggest threat to Thailand’s national security always have been the power-hungry generals that just seem unable (and unwilling) to keep their hands out of politics.

Thaksin had it coming! 

10 hours ago, jayboy said:

There are plenty who like this government and who will vote for its proxy party in the General Election next year. The overwhelming opinion of the Bangkok middle class is that Prayuth will be PM this time next year.

But this rap video is interesting and its view count astonishing. It shows that for many young Thais there is anger and impatience. There's a curious contradiction in the Thai psyche - a deferential attachment to tradition and the old order co-existing with a need to attack selfishness and the arrogance of power.

If I was a Junta leader I wouldn't worry too much about this video though perhaps in the small hours it would be a disturbing dream. It would be a still small voice insistently whispering, "the future does not belong with you".

The "voice" is seemingly growing much louder, and (as usual) from the educated youth.

5 hours ago, jayboy said:

And there in a few words, you have the crux of the problem.

I would suggest the "vast" majority are much to cowed to voice any opinion at all, 

what with the threat of jail or "attitude adjustment" staring them in the face.

49 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I prefer the Military Juntas of Asia to the repressive Globalist/multicultural/federalist gynocracies of the west.

Don't care about voting between a bunch of inept muppet candidates, none with an agenda that favours me.

The vast majority of Thais/Asians might be in agreement, and just a handful of Westerners will understand what your paragraph above suggests.....

Generally speaking, everyday Thais have much more daily freedoms and independence than one might find in the industrial West. The intrusive aspects of control and repression aren't even comparable. 

Guaranteed most Farang won't be able to comprehend such words, as their dreamy conditioned state has them thoroughly dumbed down regarding most connections of any nature. 

11 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

The vast majority of Thais/Asians might be in agreement, and just a handful of Westerners will understand what your paragraph above suggests.....

Generally speaking, everyday Thais have much more daily freedoms and independence than one might find in the industrial West. The intrusive aspects of control and repression aren't even comparable. 

Guaranteed most Farang won't be able to comprehend such words, as their dreamy conditioned state has them thoroughly dumbed down regarding most connections of any nature. 

A lot of for and against, however there is a middle path that needs / should be considered.

There is a need for strong but fair and just laws and equality for all, but unfortunately that doesn't and will never suit some people as it will erode their power and probably their precious bank account. 

These are young Thai heroes expressing what so many of us feel. 

“I want to warn musicians to not do anything that risks violating the country’s laws, as it will not be good for them or their families if the songs are found to be violating the law,” Srivara warned. However, the artists said they were just exercising their freedom of expression. 

What these power hungry simpletons are saying is: "like us please. You must like us. Approve of us. Do not say anything bad about us. We don't like to be criticized. We cannot handle it. We are delicate and must be coddled".

Not happening. We will complain. You have earned that. You deserve that. 

Get out. Get out now. You are not wanted. The lies you created about the reason for being in power are long past. Now, it is only about greed and thirst for power. Ugly men with bad intentions. 

An indication that the youth of the country are fed up? Be carful junta leaders, you allow people like this to continue to speak you won't be able to have an election (and still hold on to power). If you stop people like this to continue you may see a growing push for change beyond a point you can control. And if you choose to spew BS and spin it the public will call you out. The best plan of attack is to change your behavior...but is it too late?

13 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I think you raise an interesting point; what exactly do the Thai people think of the current rulers? And the current situation in their country?

Respectfully, there is a snowball's chance in hell that the Nation provides an accurate picture, nor do I believe that the "polls" that are published do either. Nor the 'newspaper that cannot be named'.

What is the true mindset of the Thai people? It is quite a feat for a video to achieve 100,000 'likes' in such a short time, especially considering the endless stories of people being arrested and charged for much less.

Is this a leading indicator of things to come?

Many people on the Forum, including myself at times, seem to think that the Junta is very secure and certainly going to plague the country for many years to come, but what if we are incorrect? What if there is a groundswell of opinion (which we as foreigners do not see and/or hear) building?

What is the true sense of the Thai people?

Hmm...

Double hmm...

Something to ponder this Saturday morning...

Good questions. Have just discussed this over beers with my elderly Thai mates at my Mom & Pop elite meeting place. They are a bit surprised and confused. In one way they respect the youth for their outrightness but abhor all the dirty slang, much of which they could't understand.  I got the feeling that it's a worrying trend. They don't outrightly support the ncpo, but like the "peace and order" status quo. 

23 minutes ago, chama said:

Seems they have now blocked this video from loading, I've been trying to load it for several minutes and it won't play.

In the meanwhile there are tens of other sources than YT to see the VDO. Seems it's going around the world. Lyrics available in many languages. Simply use Google ...!

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I understand his lame semi-educated schtick (the misuse of the term "globalist" is a give away) only too well. It is fatuous albeit familiar drivel often found in the third rate universities and made more repellent by being mouthed by a self-appointed foreign gatekeeper on what form of government is appropriate for Thais (and in his narrow-minded arrogance "all Asians" as well)

He also demonstrates a lamentable ignorance of recent Thai history namely the brave struggles of Thais in the 1970's and 1980's to achieve relief from military oppression. I think it's fairly clear who is living in a dreamy conditioned state.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

They are not doing it right though, should take a clue from the Roman emperors. They understood the mob needs entertainment, bread and booze and supplied it. 

4 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

no money = no freedom in every language 

Well, you walk into the room like a camel, and then you frown
You put your eyes in your pocket and your nose on the ground
There ought to be a law against you comin' around
You should be made to wear earphones
'Cause something is happening and you don't know what it is
Do you, Mr. Jones?

Just making do Thai's maybe asking how come working class Chinese ostensibly from a 'communist country' can afford to holiday  here and laud it over the 'peasantry' whilst Thais living in the  'Kingdom' are lucky to scrape enough to pay the month's bills never mind have a holiday in Thailand or abroad.  Prayuth is having a rap in the face reality moment - whether this means we are reaching an event horizon remains to be seen. 

Archived