Lebanese tourist stabbed in Pattaya in brawl with two Thais

rooster59

Lebanese tourist stabbed in Pattaya in brawl with two Thais

By The Nation

44701914_2176874999012489_8798198964932313088_n.jpg

A Lebanese tourist was stabbed and injured during a brawl with two Thai men early on Saturday after they accused him of colliding with their motorcycle and leaving the scene on a Pattaya road.

Police said Mohamad El Wazzi, 29, was stabbed on the left side of his chest during a brawl near the Soi Leng Ki Intersection in Central Pattaya at 2.30am.

He was rushed to the Pattaya City Hospital. The two Thai men fled the scene on a motorcycle after the attack.

Witnesses told police that the tourist was shopping when two Thai men arrived on a motorcycle and started shouting at the Lebanese man. The two Thai men accused the Lebanese man of hitting their motorcycle and leaving the scene without apologising.

During the brawl the two Thai men struggled with the larger tourist until one of them pulled out a sharp object and stabbed him and they fled the scene, witnesses said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357309

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-27

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

A Lebanese tourist was stabbed and injured during a brawl with two Thai men early on Saturday after they accused him of colliding with their motorcycle and leaving the scene on a Pattaya road.

He was rushed to the Pattaya City Hospital. The two Thai men fled the scene on a motorcycle after the attack.

Fleeing the scene, is only allowed if you're a Thai....

Whether they had the right guy or not, stabbing someone over a minor traffic incident is totally stupid, especially given the amount of CCTV cameras in that area. One hopes the cops will pick them up shortly and that will be two less pieces of garbage on the Pattaya streets.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Whether they had the right guy or not, stabbing someone over a minor traffic incident is totally stupid

Yeah, but going from zero to violence seems to be standard operating procedure for Thais involved in traffic disputes.

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

The tourist was shopping at 2:30 in the morning. Okay.

What's wrong with 2:30 AM?  I have got up hungry and gone to a 7--11 at that time and when didn't want packaged  7--11 food have gone to Kiss Restaurants in Pattaya or FoodlandRestaurant and Supermarkets in Pats and Bangkok which are open 24 hours.

The Baht bus I was in stopped near where this was going on so the driver could watch.

First thing I saw was something like 4 Thai men kicking and stomping with total fury at something on the ground. I could not see what it was as something obscured my vision that low down.

Next thing I saw was the Lebanese chap running like crazy across the road, barging one Thai man out of the way who appeared to be trying to stop him. Then running back over the road again into, or near to the Family Mart.

At the very least, 3 men kicking him on the ground and probably 4 or 5, so the story about 2 men attacking him is totally inaccurate.

Not exactly sure how he managed to get back up though unless they let him but he was a bit like a wild bull so who knows.

I guess the two brave Thai chaps needed the help of other brave Thai chaps nearby to knock him down.

The Baht bus moved on at that point so no idea how it all continued.

At least one farang not far away was filming or taking pictures on his phone so my we will see a movie online at some stage.

Simon

2 hours ago, Simon1287 said:

The Baht bus I was in stopped near where this was going on so the driver could watch.

First thing I saw was something like 4 Thai men kicking and stomping with total fury at something on the ground. I could not see what it was as something obscured my vision that low down.

Next thing I saw was the Lebanese chap running like crazy across the road, barging one Thai man out of the way who appeared to be trying to stop him. Then running back over the road again into, or near to the Family Mart.

At the very least, 3 men kicking him on the ground and probably 4 or 5, so the story about 2 men attacking him is totally inaccurate.

Not exactly sure how he managed to get back up though unless they let him but he was a bit like a wild bull so who knows.

I guess the two brave Thai chaps needed the help of other brave Thai chaps nearby to knock him down.

The Baht bus moved on at that point so no idea how it all continued.

At least one farang not far away was filming or taking pictures on his phone so my we will see a movie online at some stage.

Simon

An eyewitness account. Thanks

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Whether they had the right guy or not, stabbing someone over a minor traffic incident is totally stupid, especially given the amount of CCTV cameras in that area. One hopes the cops will pick them up shortly and that will be two less pieces of garbage on the Pattaya streets.

Obviously 2 on 1 wasn't enough in this case!

Archived