Lebanese tourist stabbed in Pattaya in brawl with two Thais

rooster59

On 10/27/2018 at 11:10 AM, Vacuum said:

Fleeing the scene, is only allowed if you're a Thai....

I would be interested to know from your obvious vast experience of other large cities around the world where when people are stabbed the culprit/s wait for the police to arrive in order that they can be arrested.

Try following the news from London for example which appears to have a large number of stabbings not seen any accounts of the culprits waiting for the police and yes they also flee from stolen cars, hit and run accidents etc etc.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This same style of incident happened to me about 5 weeks ago, fortunately without the stabbing. I arrived at a location in my car at about 5.30am (I hadn't been drinking) and as I walked away from my locked vehicle a couple of thai blokes were calling me and waving me back and pointing at my car. I thought maybe the door hadn't closed properly or something, anyway as soon as I got there one of the blokes got hold of my arm and was trying to lead me to his bike whilst jabbering away in thai. 

The jist of it was he was saying I had hit his bike in my car and had driven off. I knew for a fact I hadn't, my car is brand new and there was not a scratch on it, not that I deeded that evidence, you know when you've hit someone. I immediately knew exactly the way this was going to play out and what they were after. Phase 1 involves them shouting and getting more visibly angry as they try to firstly intimidate you but more importantly for them to raise the interest of the thais in the vicinity, preferably a motorbike taxi crew, thereby getting their back up. These two guys were the usual small slight Thai build, Im fairly young and fit and Im sure I could have probably knocked one of them out first and dealt with the other one in good time but with their back up crowd in place that is a massive no no. They know that a farrang will get a serious kicking if seen knocking shit out of two of thais. They depend on this for their desired outcome.

So I thought ok there's two options, I either offer them the money they are clearly after or walk away and probably take at least a couple of digs from them. I took the second option, walked away and waited for the slap. The problem with them accumulating their back up force is that they are now in a predicament in that they have just told the world that this farrang has wronged them and they can't really let him walk away unpunished or they will lose face. Sure enough as I was walking away the main guy kind of slapped me across the ear whilst calling me the usual thai names then his side kick weighed in with an attempted kick as I continued walking. I caught his leg and threw him down to the ground but continued walking away, probably as much violence as the back up crowd would allow against one of their own countrymen.

And that was that. In hindsight I probably made the wrong call, as much as it would have totally pissed me off I probably should have offered them a 1000 or something, they'd probably would have asked for more but who knows if they have the capability of stabbing you, is it worth it for a few baht?

16 hours ago, sambum said:

Think you should have gone to Specsavers, mate!

"Lebanese tourist stabbed in Pattaya in brawl with two Thais"

Including the headline, two Thais are mentioned SIX (6) times in the article - where on earth do you get "4 - 5 guys attacking him at once" from?

Eye witnesses from other forums are reporting that it was 4-5 on one and the beating started on Soi Lengkee before the Lebanese guy eventually fled into family mart to hide or get help, but found none.

4 minutes ago, MasterHongThong said:

Eye witnesses from other forums are reporting that it was 4-5 on one and the beating started on Soi Lengkee before the Lebanese guy eventually fled into family mart to hide or get help, but found none.

See #Post 58 and my reply to it in #Post 61.

Glad I'm not the only one not keeping up!'

31 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

This same style of incident happened to me about 5 weeks ago, fortunately without the stabbing. I arrived at a location in my car at about 5.30am (I hadn't been drinking) and as I walked away from my locked vehicle a couple of thai blokes were calling me and waving me back and pointing at my car. I thought maybe the door hadn't closed properly or something, anyway as soon as I got there one of the blokes got hold of my arm and was trying to lead me to his bike whilst jabbering away in thai. 

The jist of it was he was saying I had hit his bike in my car and had driven off. I knew for a fact I hadn't, my car is brand new and there was not a scratch on it, not that I deeded that evidence, you know when you've hit someone. I immediately knew exactly the way this was going to play out and what they were after. Phase 1 involves them shouting and getting more visibly angry as they try to firstly intimidate you but more importantly for them to raise the interest of the thais in the vicinity, preferably a motorbike taxi crew, thereby getting their back up. These two guys were the usual small slight Thai build, Im fairly young and fit and Im sure I could have probably knocked one of them out first and dealt with the other one in good time but with their back up crowd in place that is a massive no no. They know that a farrang will get a serious kicking if seen knocking shit out of two of thais. They depend on this for their desired outcome.

So I thought ok there's two options, I either offer them the money they are clearly after or walk away and probably take at least a couple of digs from them. I took the second option, walked away and waited for the slap. The problem with them accumulating their back up force is that they are now in a predicament in that they have just told the world that this farrang has wronged them and they can't really let him walk away unpunished or they will lose face. Sure enough as I was walking away the main guy kind of slapped me across the ear whilst calling me the usual thai names then his side kick weighed in with an attempted kick as I continued walking. I caught his leg and threw him down to the ground but continued walking away, probably as much violence as the back up crowd would allow against one of their own countrymen.

And that was that. In hindsight I probably made the wrong call, as much as it would have totally pissed me off I probably should have offered them a 1000 or something, they'd probably would have asked for more but who knows if they have the capability of stabbing you, is it worth it for a few baht?

I am just curious about the type of neighborhood you stay/live. Mostly thai/tourist-hotel zone or what.

These accounts of bullying by street thugs are becoming pretty common lately.

Glad that you came out of yours with no injuries

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

I am just curious about the type of neighborhood you stay/live. Mostly thai/tourist-hotel zone or what.

These accounts of bullying by street thugs are becoming pretty common lately.

Glad that you came out of yours with no injuries

Cheers. My incident was 2nd Road near Royal Garden so directly in the prime tourist zone.

Im not sure if they were just opportunistic and saw a farrang getting out of a car early hours of the morning and thought hey lets go and chance our arm maybe he's mow and will just give us some money, or whether this is something that this duo did on a regular basis.  

On Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 7:34 PM, RichardColeman said:

I know I've woken up with my fair share of women that look like Donald duck or extras from the Adams familiy, but sheesh I've never woken up anything like her

I think her top half would be somewhere nice to put your face on a cold winter's night. Go lub a lub a lub to get the blood circulating.

12 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

The guy stereotypicaly ran his mouth. 

Who told you he "ran his mouth"  ?, or are you just another Thai apologist that will chime in and try to defend / justify any thing negative about Thais ?

31 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Don't be so loud. ????

"Eagles don't hunt flies."

Haha! Yes! A four on 1 gang beating, rich with bravery and valor as the noble Thai heroes repeatedly kicked the man when he was down. This is what legends are made of! The proud and heroic Thai men then followed their retreating and already defeated foe into the aptly named "Family Mart" where one of the Knights of Valor outdid his noble countrymen by stabbing  the battered and unarmed interloper. Pattaya Thailand... "Where Eagles Soar"!

5 hours ago, balo said:

A 29 year old guy who looks like he's in his 40's and out of shape , the average Pattaya tourist . 

Hm. I had to go back to the OP to confirm that. Even though I read the story, I was thinking 49 (probably from the photo).

I would be interested to know from your obvious vast experience of other large cities around the world where when people are stabbed the culprit/s wait for the police to arrive in order that they can be arrested.
Try following the news from London for example which appears to have a large number of stabbings not seen any accounts of the culprits waiting for the police and yes they also flee from stolen cars, hit and run accidents etc etc.
Mainly black Though. Not racist fact

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 Thai men have been arrested for the attack so far I notice elsewhere on Thai Visa. It "may" have been "only" 3 of them doing the kicking and stomping with one or two others very close by waiting to lend a foot if necessary (or just could'nt quite join in due to the frenzy that was going on) but as the Lebanese chap didn't die then presumably a wai and a tiny fine will be deemed appropriate. Very lucky for the Thai's involved he wasn't Chinese or they would have been in far worse trouble with the authorities.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

If hes A Sydney <deleted> they get stabed all the time.emoji481.png????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

A little bit of hyperbole... I do hope you know what that means, as you don't know that the correct word is "stabbed," and let's not forget it's "he's."

4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

If hes A Sydney <deleted> they get stabed all the time.emoji481.png????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I agree. I grew up in the Lebo invasion in the western suburbs of Sydney and they were bad news.. Arrogant and always looking for a fight 

I guess this Lebo will now pull his head in for the rest of his stay 

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

I agree. I grew up in the Lebo invasion in the western suburbs of Sydney and they were bad news.. Arrogant and always looking for a fight 

I guess this Lebo will now pull his head in for the rest of his stay 

I was in Cyprus same thing.!

• 1 month later...

Archived