Help getting windows 10 set up.

Neilcnx

I tried asking for help by instructions on how to load movie dvd with subtitles even though the whole thing can be done on VLC. I couldn't get it done.

So Im humbly asking if someone would spend some reasonably priced time with me to deal with this and another few annoying issues.

I tried asking for help by instructions on how to load movie dvd with subtitles even though the whole thing can be done on VLC. I couldn't get it done.

So Im humbly asking if someone would spend some reasonably priced time with me to deal with this and another few annoying issues.
My experience also It is amazing how easy VLC makes it to load a subtitle file and how difficult it is to figure out in other video programs.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 minutes ago, Neilcnx said:

If you want someone to come to your house and sort it out  then it would help to say exactly where you are located ...eastern Thailand is quite big !

with the movie playing right click the mouse

subtitle     add subtitle file

vlc1.jpg.3394769e2b1820423366074cadf8370e.jpg

navigate to where the subtitle file is stored  and open

vlc2.jpg.dd233d8d897c7b87f37d129ac123edad.jpg

if the movie and subtitle file are named the same  before the  . (extension)  then the subtitles should auto magically play.

for subtitle you can download them from www.opensubtitles.org

55 minutes ago, delphioracle said:

Dump Windows 10, install windows 7. Or look around to find free alternatives that let you control your machine.

VLC player as far as I am concerned is the best  free player.

https://alternativeto.net/software/windows-10

And sell your vehicle and buy a Model T Ford!!!!!   No but seriously, I do music production on my PC, but the Program I use will only run on Windows, and by far best on Windows 10. This will apply to most 'professional' users. I tried Linux Mint and OK, I could get emails, surf the net, do simple Word and Spreadsheets, and that was about it. Agree about VLC, but will it run on Lunux or Ubuntu, I don't know, you tell me please.

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

And sell your vehicle and buy a Model T Ford!!!!!   No but seriously, I do music production on my PC, but the Program I use will only run on Windows, and by far best on Windows 10. This will apply to most 'professional' users. I tried Linux Mint and OK, I could get emails, surf the net, do simple Word and Spreadsheets, and that was about it. Agree about VLC, but will it run on Lunux or Ubuntu, I don't know, you tell me please.

Yes VLC runs on Linux

I'm living in Yasothon-about an hour from Ubon, quite a way from Pitsanalok. Maybe we could use teamviewer. I have short term memory problems bit I think if i could see it done once and ask questions, i could take it from there. I live in Yasothon which is far from everywhere but maybe if we could use teamviewer, it could work. 

As I said, I'd be happy to transfer a reasonable fee for your trouble. I have little to do each day and watching the same DVDs over and over is ..well you can imagine.

Let me know what you think and however it works out, thanks for responding.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:50 AM, wgdanson said:

win 10 is complete shit compared to good ole win xp,

i never had an issue with stutter and generally slow response until

i got on the receiving end of win 10, it hang to the point of crashing,

this in spite of my new laptop is latest tech with a few times more resources than my win xp puters ever had

28 minutes ago, poanoi said:

win 10 is complete shit compared to good ole win xp,

i never had an issue with stutter and generally slow response until

i got on the receiving end of win 10, it hang to the point of crashing,

this in spite of my new laptop is latest tech with a few times more resources than my win xp puters ever had

Strange, my home made PCs are fine on W10. Have you tried CCleaner or Glary Utilities.

16 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Strange, my home made PCs are fine on W10. Have you tried CCleaner or Glary Utilities.

no, i dont feel like learning yet again,

but it was a clean install when i bought it, it really cant be that much

working in the background, (beside win 10 itself) that would explain why its so ungodly stuttering compared to my ole stuff, i think i only added 2 games.

Hi Neilcnx 

Nothing wrong with Win10 and VLCPlayer. I have this setup and works just fine. Don't know why some people instead of keeping quiet when they have no answer to the actual question insist on things like "dump that and go back to old system" or my favorite stupid answer "change to Linux" like that is going to solve anything.

Getting back to your problem. Where are you getting your DVD's from? Are they actual discs or are you downloading from the Internet? Are they actually DVD or some other file type like .avi or .mp4?

Doesn't really matter as VLCPlayer can handle just about anything.

Where are you getting your subtitle files from? Are they on the disc,  that's what you are using or do you download them separately?

If you have separate movie and sub files, or even if the subs are included in the movie file you may need to select subs from the VLCPlayer menu.

2004778394_ADDSub!.jpg.7acf3a7684bf4f027ac5f0202232e756.jpg

772375062_AddTrack!.jpg.f05123c83fbb27fff480304e90502929.jpg

If your sub file is separate from the movie select "add subtitle file" navigate to where the file is and click to add.

Hope this works for you :smile:

12 minutes ago, poanoi said:

no, i dont feel like learning yet again,

but it was a clean install when i bought it, it really cant be that much

working in the background, (beside win 10 itself) that would explain why its so ungodly stuttering compared to my ole stuff, i think i only added 2 games.

And those games could be your problem. Where did you get them from, or who installed them for you. Many many games come with loads of unwanted add-ons which really can slow everything down. Uninstall those games, run C Cleaner, it doesn't take much learning, and see if it helps. Or try to reset Windows.

Archived