Reporting residence after one night away?

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you notice that is a Phuket news site and the it is dated "Saturday 27 January 2018".

The question would be how immigration would know you stayed somewhere else than your registered address. That is why immigration does not enforce it.

immigration know because even if you spend one night in a paid for accom other than your registered address, the owner of that property HAS to report you as staying there, even if one night.  Chiang Rai immigration have today announced that you have to report back to them even if you go away for one bloody night!  its ridiculous

• Like 1

immigration know because even if you spend one night in a paid for accom other than your registered address, the owner of that property HAS to report you as staying there, even if one night.  Chiang Rai immigration have today announced that you have to report back to them even if you go away for one bloody night!  its ridiculous

Make owner guess ur wife not report simple
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Small Joke said:

Australia demands proof of income plus many other hoops, proof of ongoing employment or business back home, even proof of rent or homeownership when certain nationals apply for a visa, including  Thais, and Philipinos, but not Singaporeans. Basically, any national who cannot get an online Aussie e-visa, has a lot of questions about their finances to prove.  

There is a world of difference in demanding monetary proof from 'suspect' countries and demanding it from First World nations, as Thailand is doing.

• Sad 1

I have never reported anything for 7 years and I have been all over Thailand. Never paid a fine , always have one address , my condo registered at IO . 

But I have travelled and lived in many places during that time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There is a world of difference in demanding monetary proof from 'suspect' countries and demanding it from First World nations, as Thailand is doing.

I merely answered a question, not really interested in a multi national policy discussion or debate. ????

3 hours ago, Small Joke said:

I found this looking for a similar  answer. 

Live in CM. Done the initial report TM30 and then got my 1st annual extension of retirement. Left the country last week with Re entry permit. Returned Friday and stayed in a hotel in BKK. 

Returned to to my home address in CM Saturday night. 

Do I need to do another TM30 or just the next 90 day report dated  from my Friday return. Thanks. 

I can now answer my own question. I need to go to the 1st floor of CM immigration at the new airport HQ building. And say hello, I'm back in town. For this service they are open until 8pm. 

What every farang resident in Thailand needs, is a powerful Thai "friend". Who it is largely does not matter, so long as the individual concerned is not actually under a political cloud at the time. Royalty is best, high ranking police, army, navy, government, airforce next best more or less in that order, and bearing in mind that "police" encompasses a number of divisions. You should carry the persons' business card at all times, if at all possible a signed one, makes it worth ten unsigned. When challenged on anything - from no helmet to murder -ask for id, photograph it and the accuser, then ask the accuser nicely to phone the number on the card, and present your phone with the number preprogrammed and ready to dial. 

The chances are no phone call will ever be made, but if it is, be sure that your friend is one who will a)remember who you are, b)outrank your accuser and c)be prepared to use that rank to help you.

There is potential for disaster if you pick the wrong friend! and I do accept that some will not be in a position to meet such people.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:34 AM, ubonjoe said:

That means they may not want a TM30 form. They may of done the registration when you got the certificate of residency.

You can download one by clicking this. TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence

Hi uj, hope you can help, I have my daughter & SIL visiting us next week before they zoom off to other parts of Thailand, I have downloaded the TM30 and other sheet to enter their details on, no problem.

My questions are, on the top part of the TM30 do I put my details and address (the lease is in my name) at the top of the form, as below it asks for exactly the same address ? 

Do I also need to provide copies of their Passports with VOA and TM6 pages included, and last but not least they will only be staying a few days so where it says end of stay is that the end of their time at my place ?? hope that makes sense, thanks in advance. GT.

9 hours ago, Small Joke said:

I found this looking for a similar  answer. 

Live in CM. Done the initial report TM30 and then got my 1st annual extension of retirement. Left the country last week with Re entry permit. Returned Friday and stayed in a hotel in BKK. 

Returned to to my home address in CM Saturday night. 

Do I need to do another TM30 or just the next 90 day report dated  from my Friday return. Thanks. 

Since you have re-entered the country and now have returned to your already TM30 registered address, CM Immigration expects you to update your TM30 filing.  Two different officers have told me that updating within 4-5 days is acceptable (versus the 24-hour requirement mentioned in the law itself).  So yes, you need to update.

[To update, you simply take yourself and your passport (with the TM6 in it and hopefully your TM30 Receipt of Notification) and they will enter a couple of items on their computer (likely your new entry date and new departure card number) and then put a new date stamp on your TM30 Receipt of Notification.]

14 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Hi uj, hope you can help, I have my daughter & SIL visiting us next week before they zoom off to other parts of Thailand, I have downloaded the TM30 and other sheet to enter their details on, no problem.

My questions are, on the top part of the TM30 do I put my details and address (the lease is in my name) at the top of the form, as below it asks for exactly the same address ? 

Do I also need to provide copies of their Passports with VOA and TM6 pages included, and last but not least they will only be staying a few days so where it says end of stay is that the end of their time at my place ?? hope that makes sense, thanks in advance. GT.

GT...

As they're only staying with you for a few days, and they'll have no need to visit a provincial Immigration office (unless they're planning to extend their VOA/VE),  I wouldn't bother doing anything with them on a TM30.  There are still many budget guest-houses & smaller private hotels that don't register their customers.

Others may argue differently though..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, steve73 said:

GT...

As they're only staying with you for a few days, and they'll have no need to visit a provincial Immigration office (unless they're planning to extend their VOA/VE),  I wouldn't bother doing anything with them on a TM30.  There are still many budget guest-houses & smaller private hotels that don't register their customers.

Others may argue differently though..

Thanks steve73, the problem is that they will be entering my address on the TM6 while on the aircraft, so that will be noted at swampy, they will stay with us here in Patts before going back to BKK for a few days then fly down to Krabi and other places before heading back home, someone on another visa related thread intimated that if the immigration computer at immigration on the way out of Thailand didn't correspond with what was on the TM6 that they would be in trouble (personally I think that is BS) just want to cover all the bases so thanks for your input, any further thoughts on this ??  

I've never heard of a tourist having been questioned on this subject. Until a few days ago I didn't even know this law existed and I've been coming here for many years now. In any case, the obligation to file is on you, not them. Also, I doubt that all this info on the arrival cards gets deciphered and keyed into a computer. If you are worried, I would pick a guest house and get them to put that on their arrival cards. It doesn't mean they have to stay there.

• Like 2

Unbeliever able  ,so if you go on a six to ten day camping trip in Thailand ,  away from you house , you have to report ,every camping place you stay on your holiday every day ? So you spend most of your holiday standing around immigration offices waiting to fill forms in ?

Last time I traveled ,I told my local office where I was going and how long  for, thinking this was sufficient , to be told no I had to report my arrival , at my destination , to immigration , this was a nightmare company property don't have the blue book , company CEO staying in Northern Thailand company Accountant was in Bangkok , doing business . I report I was staying at the property , they took copy of my pass port , that was it no forms as I couldn't show bluebook ,told me to come back when I had it , ended up going home early .  

9 minutes ago, beddhist said:

I've never heard of a tourist having been questioned on this subject. Until a few days ago I didn't even know this law existed and I've been coming here for many years now. In any case, the obligation to file is on you, not them. Also, I doubt that all this info on the arrival cards gets deciphered and keyed into a computer. If you are worried, I would pick a guest house and get them to put that on their arrival cards. It doesn't mean they have to stay there.

I did say that to them a couple of weeks ago, it's been a few years since they were last here and things have changed a lot since then, and I must admit that I pulled that stunt myself by putting a guesthouse name and address on the TM6 back in the 2005's 6's when I was just travelling and no distinct destination in mind. Not so sure about these days, not to bothered about the form I just want to know if I have filled it in correctly so far IE: My name and address in the top portion but do I repeat it again below ? bloody paperwork is a pain in the ass at times   

My understanding is that it is the responsibility of the "house master" to do the reporting, not that of the guest. In my case it's the father-in-law and for him to avoid travelling to Suphanburi he has to give someone else written authorisation to report on his behalf (yet another letter to write, rather than a form to fill...).

I've been out of Thailand several times since my last retirement extension. I've been out of province even more. Weighing up the number of hours I could and should have spent at Immigration Offices both in Phuket and elsewhere in Thailand makes a fine a more attractive option!

I'm overseas again next week but that will be the last time before my extension renewal so I'll go to Phuket Immigration when I return and register myself, as I'd need to do this at the time of the extension anyway. I'll post as to whether or not I get a fine, a telling off or anything else.

to add to my  post , Found out because they had ,me registered from , before didn't need the blue book ,  but I have requested the company get the blue book for me  , it , would be so much easier , to have a online reporting of ones movements  ,I could  tell them online straight away, with the 90 days report , I still travel to my local immigration every 3 months as we always do a big shopping trip . And its always quiet.

Edited by shan777
better infomation

9 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I've been out of Thailand several times since my last retirement extension. I've been out of province even more. Weighing up the number of hours I could and should have spent at Immigration Offices both in Phuket and elsewhere in Thailand makes a fine a more attractive option!

I'm overseas again next week but that will be the last time before my extension renewal so I'll go to Phuket Immigration when I return and register myself, as I'd need to do this at the time of the extension anyway. I'll post as to whether or not I get a fine, a telling off or anything else.

There is a chance you may be arrested....

????  I am joking.  Same as you I go every where in and out never reported anything never been asked anything or fined at immigration.

1 hour ago, beddhist said:

My son used a local guest house address on his TM6 last year although he was staying with me for a few days before heading off elsewhere...  He did stay at that GH a week or so later as my roof was leaking, and I'm pretty sure they didn't register him then anyway.