Mastermind of gangland style execution of British man in Pattaya arrested in Spain

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, thaichiro said:

Caveat emptor...I have zero sympathy for all those who have lost in get rich quick schemes. Hopefully lesson learned. That includes all you Thai women looking for love from Nigerian men.

You sound like a right caring soul!

What if it was your parents who had been taken in and cheated?  A lot of these scammers are very organized and very convincing and people are not necessarily on get rich quick schemes that fall foul of these shysters.

2 minutes ago, gamini said:

There seems to be a lot of these criminal types of "Brits' living in Thailand, especially Pattaya

Lots of these types of British criminals were living large on the Costa del Crime, 

in Malaga and other such places. The Spanish have tightened up more recently., 

33 minutes ago, HHTel said:

No such thing.  The local police have arrested him on the back of a 'Red Notice' and will be held with a view to extradition.

Yes, I am curious about this.
Thailand erred, I believe, in the case of Ms. Yingluck, expecting that Interpol would automatically issue a "Red notice", requesting her arrest. Very few nations probably would consider her a criminal, and that is one of the criteria for Interpol as well. The subject must meet the test of criminality under the laws of the arresting nation, and Interpol will not even issue the notification if the subject does not meet their own criteria.
This guy, within the confines of the reporting here, seems like a bad hombre, and apparently Interpol and Spain agree. Will Spain extradite him? Good question. Per snowgard's post, Spain has the right under the European Convention on Extradition, to which they are signatory, to refuse extradition to states having the death penalty. Spain may waive that right if they receive an assurance that an execution will not take place.
I am gratified that Thai authorities seem to have gotten it right in this case re; requesting a "Red Notice". Too bad, IMO, the reporting did not even mention Interpol involvement, but implied that Thailand can issue an "International arrest warrant".
Sit back and enjoy the show. 

4 hours ago, thaichiro said:

Caveat emptor...I have zero sympathy for all those who have lost in get rich quick schemes. Hopefully lesson learned. That includes all you Thai women looking for love from Nigerian men.

There is a big difference between greedy people being strung along and OAP's and less experienced people being targeted, groomed and exploited by scum who operate boiler house type frauds. Many people can't or don't know how to deal with such scum and get sucked in and manipulated into positions they had no intention of getting into.

Even the legal operation who employ pressure sales calls from overseas call centers are scumbags trying to push old people into deals they don't want. One lot tried it on with my old mum. There conversation with me wasn't pleasant, especially when they thought they could get heavy.

No sympathy at all for the criminal who got shot.

4 hours ago, thaichiro said:

They were pretending to be stockbrokers, this is not a case like the Nigerian marriage scam where both parties are aware that they are breaking the law, these people have just been conned, quite different.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I wonder where Kenway's wife is now? She was beautiful.

They always manage to slip out the door just in time.

No matter how beautiful they are someone, somewhere is tired of putting up with their shit. :cheesy:

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just in case you're a newcomer to this country,  not everything that you read is what it's reaal is, also, not may things in Thailand make sense either...

ya,stay here long enough and eventually you(us all) will find yourself holding your up-side down...

9 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

Amazing how well Interpol works. I mean for NON THAIS. Because strange enough when Thailand issues a international  arrest warrant for a fugitive Thai (rich) Interpol can't find him.

They can be found under:

They all look the same too hard basket.

10 hours ago, MARK74 said:

They were all doing the ripping off including each other which is why the murder occurred.

I like reading about boiler room cockroaches killing each other and going to jail, warm and fuzzy feeling.

At the end of it all the world will be a better place. It already is with Mr Kenway gone. No tears here. 

Hmmm.... international arrest warrant issued by Thai police???  Does that mean, as it likely means, that they worked thru Interpol to get the arrest warrant in their system and thus known to other countries???

Amazing what the Thai police can accomplish on the international scene, when they try...

So let's see, what other non-political convicts or accuseds on the run could they possibly seek international arrest warrants against???

20 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Thailand still has the death penalty and a lot of countries will not extradite those held on an arrest warrant because of this , I am sure his lawyers will be using every trick in the book to avoid him being deported to Thailand.

To True, to often used as a ''Get out of Jail card''

The Thai authorities will assure the British government that he won't get the death penalty.they did this with a English kick boxer who killed a us marine in Phuket a few years back and had him extradited back here.as for this report as far as I can remember it was a dispute over 5 million baht.wether he scammed or run off with the money I don't know but it looks like he died for less than the  price of his car.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Murderer ! Hope you can serve the maximum penalty.

Murder and killing are not the same. The man was no victim but he had many victims. It’s their world. It’s not the same as some being killed over and Iphone. 

Leave them to it

On 10/29/2018 at 11:12 AM, Scouse123 said:

You sound like a right caring soul!

What if it was your parents who had been taken in and cheated?  A lot of these scammers are very organized and very convincing and people are not necessarily on get rich quick schemes that fall foul of these shysters.

Haha everyone has to invest at some point in their lives in houses in stocks just about anything. 

I doubt people invest to get  ripped off 

sounds like this man probably reckons he knows everything and fallen a few times himself anyone who reckons they are scam proof are good targets 

arrogence and greed is what they work on

Archived