English overstayer to be kicked out of Thailand for ten years

webfact

English overstayer to be kicked out of Thailand for ten years

1PM1.jpg

Channel 7 reported that police on Koh Phangan found an Englishman who had been overstaying in Thailand for more than a year.

During a raid by Koh Phangan tourist police and Surat Thani Immigration Russell Hough was acting suspiciously and tried to flee on foot. 

His passport was checked and he was seen to have entered Thailand on August 1st 2017.

1pm3.jpg

1PM2.jpg

He was shown to be from Mansfield in the north of England. He admitted overstaying. 

Other news pictures showed ramshackle living accommodation at the property that had no house number. 

Hough will be banned from coming back to Thailand for ten years, reported the Thai media who said that police were conducting sweeps under the orders of top brass including Immigration chief Maj-Gen "Big Joke"   Surachate Hakparn.

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-29

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Now he has to find ramshackle accommodation in Mansfield for the next 10 years! Won't be an easy life without heating over there.... Bad boy!!

Who would want to live in Mansfield he will most probably end up going to one of Thailand’s neighbouring countries once he has raised enough cash to do so for every person kicked out it’s less money in the economy I reckon that over the last two weeks more than 1,000 people have been arrested and that’s in just two weeks.

Thailand is telling us that they want to clean up their act.

The problem that I see is; what will they do when they have eventually kicked everyone out.

The wannabe hippies and the old fart brigade and the wannabe intelligence services groupies. The sex tourists and the gunjah afficionados.  

Just what will they do for a dollar then?

Maybe I count differently but the picture clearly shows he has an extension of stay until Feb 2018 issued Nov 7, 2017 - that would make his overstay eight months, not one year. 

It is hard to see the date but if you look carefully, he entered on a Non-Imm B valid until Nov (top left) issued in July 2560 (the 2560 is dead clear) then underneath is the extension until Feb.  

Makes no difference to the penalty - get caught overstaying 1 day you can get banned. 

16 minutes ago, car720 said:

The problem that I see is; what will they do when they have eventually kicked everyone out.

The wannabe hippies and the old fart brigade and the wannabe intelligence services groupies. The sex tourists and the gunjah afficionados.  

Yes, Thailand will have to declare itself bankrupt , close down and cease to exist

13 minutes ago, helloagain said:

Good but you should fine him as well and if he cant pay then jail time. I obey thailands rules so should he. No sympathy from me

his choice and his consequences...I do not have a problem with it that

he did not have a current visa and I always have
like many here who consider themselves holier than the Pope
... strange cases of Popes from Pattaya

32 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Who would want to live in Mansfield he will most probably end up going to one of Thailand’s neighbouring countries once he has raised enough cash to do so for every person kicked out it’s less money in the economy I reckon that over the last two weeks more than 1,000 people have been arrested and that’s in just two weeks.

You appear to be "keeneeow" with comas and full stops. But besides this I don't think that Mr. Russel Hough's ramshackle housing boosted Thailand's GDP but a significant amount. He broke immigration laws and his potential for trouble and illegal work justifies deportation, as far as I am concerned.

46 minutes ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Now he has to find ramshackle accommodation in Mansfield for the next 10 years! Won't be an easy life without heating over there.... Bad boy!!

Not difficult to find such accommodation in Mansfield, have you been there? He should feel right at home.  

34 minutes ago, car720 said:

I doubt that this guy is any loss to the economy. 

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

He obviously didn't care about a long term future in Thailand, I doubt this bothers him too much.

Actually he won't be the first young guy who thinks they have found paradise but fails to work out the logistics ie the finances. Unless he gets his act together it might just be an endless drift around the region, subject to having a pot to p in.

33 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Maybe I count differently but the picture clearly shows he has an extension of stay until Feb 2018 issued Nov 7, 2017 - that would make his overstay eight months, not one year. 

It is hard to see the date but if you look carefully, he entered on a Non-Imm B valid until Nov (top left) issued in July 2560 (the 2560 is dead clear) then underneath is the extension until Feb. 

Makes no difference to the penalty - get caught overstaying 1 day you can get banned. 

There is a difference though .

Less than a 1 year overstay is a five year blacklisting as opposed to the ten year blacklisting for an overstay of more than one year

47 minutes ago, car720 said:

Thai authorities are not kicking every body out. These people are illegal overstayers .

58 minutes ago, car720 said:

It will leave:

- those gainfully employed with a valid work permit,

- those supporting effectively their Thai families,

- the tourists who spend 10000 to 20000 a day,

- etc.

1 hour ago, car720 said:

Then they will hold brainstorming sessions on how to revive it. Spend a few billion baht and if fails, then few more brainstorming sessions.

51 minutes ago, helloagain said:

Good but you should fine him as well and if he cant pay then jail time. I obey thailands rules so should he. No sympathy from me

Whilst i acknowledge your comment it does seem strange they are making such a fuss over an 8 month overstay

Especially when there are people with much longer overstays kicking around (8/10 years i know of)maybe they just cover their tracks better

Anyway Mansfield's not that bad

30 minutes ago, ukrules said:

He obviously didn't care about a long term future in Thailand, I doubt this bothers him too much.

I see myself about 40 years ago !

living (and loving)the dream!

Archived