English overstayer to be kicked out of Thailand for ten years

webfact

6 minutes ago, poohy said:

Whilst i acknowledge your comment it does seem strange they are making such a fuss over an 8 month overstay

Especially when there are people with much longer overstays kicking around (8/10 years i know of)maybe they just cover their tracks better

Anyway Mansfield's not that bad

Dealing with the low hanging fruits first ...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There is a difference though .

Less than a 1 year overstay is a five year blacklisting as opposed to the ten year blacklisting for an overstay of more than one year

Got me beat then - those stamps suggest he was good until February and even excluding the extension, top left stamp is clearly November last year. 

The 10 year blacklisting seems harsher than they had already announced for a less than 1 year overstay. But his home country ruthlessly deports and blacklists foreign overstayers every week in the clothes they are arrested in without the chance to go home and pack a bag. Arguments about about having family in the UK are often ignored by the Home Office these days. Spouse visas are no longer granted without evidence that the UK spouse has income of GBP 28,000 a year plus another 3,500 for each non-British child. 

If the Thais were looking at this on a reciprocal basis, it would be fair dos.

Governments around the world have all caught this 'immigration madness'. Here in the UK, our health service is spending millions of pounds trying to recruit doctors from overseas, and at the same time, the Home Office is attempting to deport foreign doctors who have been working as General Practitioners in the country, sometimes for decades, because they fall foul of the 'hostile environment' policy of our present Prime Minister towards all immigrants. If someone could really bring about the 'joined up government' we have often been promised but have never sen delivered, it would make the world a much better place.

Not mentioned is that he will have to raise the fine and the fair home somehow or serve time in lieu of the fine in the Patum Thani jail at the rate 1 day = B200. So 100 days for the B20,000 max fine. Then he will be incarcerated in the Soi Suan Plu Immigration jail indefinitely, if he cannot raise the airfare.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is there any reason why the picture of his documents are published? Yes, he should not have overstayed, but that is no reason to publish these documents. Someone at Thai Visa should read and learn about GDPR.

Thailand don't need no stinkin' GDPR.

1 hour ago, ThorD72 said:

Geez,.. what a way of living when on overstay,. Constantly looking over you shoulder and freeze whenever police is around,.. small steps and life could be so much better,.. well well,.. 

If the alternative was homelessness and a box on the streets of  any country you may feel different

3 minutes ago, mayfairman said:

Governments around the world have all caught this 'immigration madness'. Here in the UK, our health service is spending millions of pounds trying to recruit doctors from overseas, and at the same time, the Home Office is attempting to deport foreign doctors who have been working as General Practitioners in the country, sometimes for decades, because they fall foul of the 'hostile environment' policy of our present Prime Minister towards all immigrants. If someone could really bring about the 'joined up government' we have often been promised but have never sen delivered, it would make the world a much better place.

Quite right and there are less EU citizen doctors and nurses seeking to come to the UK since the Brexit vote as they are unwilling to commit to a country that won’t commit to them. The increasingly unfriendly immigration policies, even to desperately needed professionals, were put in place by Mrs May while she was Home Secretary for 6 years before becoming PM. The right wing of the Conservative Party and UKIP have successfully driven the country towards no-deal Brexit and hysterical racism and fear of all immigration, despite being able to poll only a tiny percentage of national votes. La May has allowed herself to be their tool.

2 hours ago, ThorD72 said:

Geez,.. what a way of living when on overstay,. Constantly looking over you shoulder and freeze whenever police is around,.. small steps and life could be so much better,.. well well,.. 

Obviously, you have never lived in Mansfield.

If he desperately wanted to stay why not go down the English teacher route? Sign up for a course and then go work in a province that’s relatively cheap to live in. Then he’s legal, pulling in a bit of income, and he doesn’t have to spend his life like a fugitive. 

Having said that, he’s from Mansfied, the arse-end of England, where even a shack in Thailand is an upwardly mobile move.

34 minutes ago, Arkady said:

Quite right and there are less EU citizen doctors and nurses seeking to come to the UK since the Brexit vote as they are unwilling to commit to a country that won’t commit to them. The increasingly unfriendly immigration policies, even to desperately needed professionals, were put in place by Mrs May while she was Home Secretary for 6 years before becoming PM. The right wing of the Conservative Party and UKIP have successfully driven the country towards no-deal Brexit and hysterical racism and fear of all immigration, despite being able to poll only a tiny percentage of national votes. La May has allowed herself to be their tool.

I agree. The only cold comfort that I get is that the numpties who voted for it will suffer the most, except this time they won’t be able to blame immigrants.

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Who would want to live in Mansfield he will most probably end up going to one of Thailand’s neighbouring countries once he has raised enough cash to do so for every person kicked out it’s less money in the economy I reckon that over the last two weeks more than 1,000 people have been arrested and that’s in just two weeks.

since he wasn't spending money, nor earning it, better he is out and back to the welfare life in GB

2 hours ago, car720 said:

Thailand is telling us that they want to clean up their act.

The problem that I see is; what will they do when they have eventually kicked everyone out.

The wannabe hippies and the old fart brigade and the wannabe intelligence services groupies. The sex tourists and the gunjah afficionados.  

Just what will they do for a dollar then?

All those will be replaced by the Chinese, Indians and Russians 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

There is a difference though .

Less than a 1 year overstay is a five year blacklisting as opposed to the ten year blacklisting for an overstay of more than one year

Like , who cares how long he gets.  Lifetime would be my vote, as he just fxxxs it up for others who abide by the rules. No sympathy for the idiot 

49 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Thailand don't need no stinkin' GDPR.

So it seems you like the idea when your personal data is published, correct?

Come on, show some pictures of you, your passport, your home, and add your phone number and email, etc.

Or if you don't publish it maybe someone else will do it for you.

And then you can think about if maybe you would prefer to have laws which protect your privacy.

2 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Now he has to find ramshackle accommodation in Mansfield for the next 10 years! Won't be an easy life without heating over there.... Bad boy!!

He won't find anything that good in Mansfield left as they are all taken with overstayers from all over the world. Only diffrence here they get to stay and are given money food and helth service. 

The problem that I see is; what will they do when they have eventually kicked everyone out.

The wannabe hippies and the old fart brigade and the wannabe intelligence services groupies. The sex tourists and the gunjah afficionados.  

I’m sure everything will be fine; there’s still all the retired cardio-thoracic surgeons and emeritus professors of medieval history that currently live in Patong and Pattaya and comprise the backbone of the expatriate community; or not, as the case may be....

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Come on, show some pictures of you, your passport, your home, and add your phone number and email, etc.

And then you can think about if maybe you would prefer to have laws which protect your privacy.

Lighten up!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is there any reason why the picture of his documents are published? Yes, he should not have overstayed, but that is no reason to publish these documents. Someone at Thai Visa should read and learn about GDPR.

They and u are here so any rules in G B dont count Thailand rules Thailand thinking and people should abide by the rules then no problem realy most ex pats here abide and of course there are frustrations when the documents change for the 1 thousand times  but here is here thats it 

in other countries they put many over the borders for over stay but it is not broadcasted so much but also happens   

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's a movie line, you don't do humour, do you!

1 minute ago, mikecha said:

They and u are here so any rules in G B dont count Thailand rules Thailand thinking and people should abide by the rules then no problem realy most ex pats here abide and of course there are frustrations when the documents change for the 1 thousand times  but here is here thats it 

in other countries they put many over the borders for over stay but it is not broadcasted so much but also happens   

It seems you don't know or see the whole picture.

Ask any international hotel based in Thailand and you should be able to find out that they care about these laws. Because they are for data from European citizens - not only if they are in Europe.

Personally I like the idea that personal data should be protected. I.e. if I become a member in a local club then I don't want that they use or sell my data for other business. That's what that law is all about.

So you think that those overstayers are quality tourists?! If you have nothing to hide you follow the rules and you don't have any problems.

If you are here illegally you get kicked out, pretty easy to understand. Thailand's economy won't notice the difference.

Archived