English overstayer to be kicked out of Thailand for ten years

webfact

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If you are here illegally you get kicked out, pretty easy to understand. Thailand's economy won't notice the difference.

The more the merrier. 

Its people like  him that will result in BJ and his merry men introducing more, tougher changes for all. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All countries catch and remove overstayers the same as they do here in Thailand. The big problem that this chap is going to have is that when he tries to apply for a visa to any country and that "Deported" stamp shows up in his passport it will raise plenty of red flags for the country that he tries to get a visa for.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is there any reason why the picture of his documents are published? Yes, he should not have overstayed, but that is no reason to publish these documents. Someone at Thai Visa should read and learn about GDPR.

Sorry mate but If he's an overstayer why not name and shame.

I went to a whole lot of trouble to be here legally in every way.

So could have he.

On one side, I understand the action of the government, but in the same way they should use the same manpower to get rid of the Thais, who cheat on all the foreigners. Which is as least important for the reputation of this country.

Further, they really should consider the make a law against dual pricing, otherwise sometime some of these so dangerous people will publish a lot of fact and experience about this country, which could damage the reputation more than they can emagine.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHumanRights said:

On one side, I understand the action of the government, but in the same way they should use the same manpower to get rid of the Thais, who cheat on all the foreigners. Which is as least important for the reputation of this country.

Get rid of how? There will always be people who get taken advantage of, in any country. Surely you don't think scams only happen in Thailand?

5 minutes ago, PhoenixHumanRights said:

Further, they really should consider the make a law against dual pricing, otherwise sometime some of these so dangerous people will publish a lot of fact and experience about this country, which could damage the reputation more than they can emagine.

"Get rid of the Thais" Get rid of them to where? send them back to Thailand their home country?

8 minutes ago, PhoenixHumanRights said:

Absolutely, deport them I say.

4 hours ago, marqus12 said:

his choice and his consequences...I do not have a problem with it that

he did not have a current visa and I always have
like many here who consider themselves holier than the Pope
... strange cases of Popes from Pattaya

I have to ask you why do you think we are in the current mode of overstayers out, because of guys just like this one. In the end these clowns make it hard on the folks who play by the rules and nothing to do with being holier than the pope

"I have to ask you why do you think we are in the current mode of overstayers out, because of guys just like this one. In the end these clowns make it hard on the folks who play by the rules and nothing to do with being holier than the pope"

you look how few they caught among millions of foreigners

Me think that you are ..."a person perceived as a propagandist for a cause of whose

goals they are not fully aware and who is used cynically by the leaders of the cause."

6 hours ago, webfact said:

English overstayer to be kicked out of Thailand for ten years

Years of corruption and lack of planning created these immigration issues and now the overreaction is in full swing. 

Those of us that live here legally and stay within the law will suffer the most. 

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So it seems you like the idea when your personal data is published, correct?

Come on, show some pictures of you, your passport, your home, and add your phone number and email, etc.

Or if you don't publish it maybe someone else will do it for you.

And then you can think about if maybe you would prefer to have laws which protect your privacy.

I agree with you about Data and other personal privacy - I guard mine carefully.

Technically, Thailand is supposed to observe the GDPR regulations, if they are dealing with EU subjects:

"The GDPR not only applies to organisations located within the EU but also applies to organisations located outside of the EU if they offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, EU data subjects."  LINK

However, in reality, what penalties can the EU actually impose on any country in Asia, America or Africa if they don't obey?

None that I can see....

Mind you the Thais could always leave Brits alone until after March 2019 (BREXIT) ????

7 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Now he has to find ramshackle accommodation in Mansfield for the next 10 years! Won't be an easy life without heating over there.... Bad boy!!

The chance for a Mansfield accomodation may increase drastically if he remove his overstay camouflage beard prior to apply….:giggle:

7 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Maybe I count differently but the picture clearly shows he has an extension of stay until Feb 2018 issued Nov 7, 2017 - that would make his overstay eight months, not one year. 

It is hard to see the date but if you look carefully, he entered on a Non-Imm B valid until Nov (top left) issued in July 2560 (the 2560 is dead clear) then underneath is the extension until Feb.  

Makes no difference to the penalty - get caught overstaying 1 day you can get banned. 

Not true about one-day overstay. Use facts please.

Archived