Big Joke has "smoke coming out of his ears" as Singburi raid results in seven transfers

webfact

Big Joke has "smoke coming out of his ears" as Singburi raid results in seven transfers

4PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that Immigration chief Maj-Gen Surachate Hakparn had "smoke coming out of his ears" after he received a report of the activities of the Singburi immigration chief and his deputies. 

An investigation is underway after an "unscheduled" raid on a recycling factory in the central Thai city. 

Singburi immigration were not meant to be visiting the factory in Thapya sub-district of Inburi district. 

Daily News said that an investigation committee has been set up to see if this was a simple error or a case of corruption. 

But they said that Surachate - known as Big Joke in the media - was furious and demanded results within seven days. 

Region 3 immigration chief Atchanon Kraithong ordered the transfer of the Singburi chief of immigration Parinya Borapalit along with three senior deputies named as Manop Chirapruk, Rangsan Sangamuang and Udom Khongaphai.

Three others were also ordered to be transferred pending the investigation. 

No official signatures were found to be on orders for the factory raid conducted on Friday at 1.30pm reported Daily News. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-29

56 minutes ago, webfact said:

An investigation is underway after an "unscheduled" raid on a recycling factory in the central Thai city.  Singburi immigration were not meant to be visiting the factory in Thapya sub-district of Inburi district.  Daily News said that an investigation committee has been set up to see if this was a simple error or a case of corruption. 

Maybe "Big Joke" doesn't know that all factories in Thailand are inspected on an annual basis by MOL, so an immigration raid is not surprising.  I wonder what "Big Joke" inhaled that caused "smoke to come out of his ears"?

Just now, zaphod reborn said:

Maybe "Big Joke" doesn't know that all factories in Thailand are inspected on an annual basis by MOL, so an immigration raid is not surprising.  I wonder what "Big Joke" inhaled that caused "smoke to come out of his ears"?

Well..the odour of the orient I guess..one part ordure..one part incense..and the other part is a whole lot of of bull#%**!

I'm surprised that so many people knock this guy. As far as I can see he is the best thing that has happened to Thai bureaucracy in decades. With him around Thailand has a chance of dragging itself out of the quagmire of third world corruption and incompetence.

It's a old song from 1933 (Smoke Gets in Your Eyes").

They asked me how I knew
My occupation was true
I of course replied
Something here inside cannot be denied
They said "someday you'll find all illegals here"
When your heart's on fire,
You must realize, smoke comes out your ears

19 hours ago, webfact said:

An investigation is underway after an "unscheduled" raid on a recycling factory in the central Thai city. 

Singburi immigration were not meant to be visiting the factory in Thapya sub-district of Inburi district. 

Daily News said that an investigation committee has been set up to see if this was a simple error or a case of corruption. 

Very strange, suppose the translator had a day off, 

InBury district about 70.000 inhabitants, Buri city about 12.000, ThapYa some 6.000.
Sounds like local i.e. provincial immigration investigates a local matter.
Zealous hence not promoted, 
but why the public fuss ?

3 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

It's a old song from 1933 (Smoke Gets in Your Eyes").

They asked me how I knew
My occupation was true
I of course replied
Something here inside cannot be denied
They said "someday you'll find all illegals here"
When your heart's on fire,
You must realize, smoke comes out your ears

I remember it as

' Smoke goes up your nose , impregnates your clothes .'

16 hours ago, SimonD said:

He must be making a lot of enemies by disturbing the 'natural order' of things.

Will be interesting to see if his meteoric progress continues past the next Government.

So when police or immigration are NOT doing their job, as usual, they are slagged off on TV.

When they finally get someone like Surachate  at the helm, who is doing his job as it should be done, he get continuously slagged off again on TV.

Maybe TV members should get a life.

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I'm surprised that so many people knock this guy. As far as I can see he is the best thing that has happened to Thai bureaucracy in decades. With him around Thailand has a chance of dragging itself out of the quagmire of third world corruption and incompetence.

the figure head was a whore in bed.
will he make it past a change of Govt?

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Sooooo How many arrests or convictions of corruption by thai officials involved in big jokes corruption campaign have been made ???? Lot of photo ops and inactive positions created but not much else. Same Same different day.

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

So when police or immigration are NOT doing their job, as usual, they are slagged off on TV.

When they finally get someone like Surachate  at the helm, who is doing his job as it should be done, he get continuously slagged off again on TV.

Maybe TV members should get a life.

I think you misunderstood the angle of my post. I was NOT 'slagging him off', merely pointing out that his actions must be unsettling for the immigration officers, whose routine casual acceptance of corruption until now, are being threatened.

I actually support the clean-up that he has initiated.

Kindly read my posts more carefully before you respond in future as your misjudged reply was not warranted.

Thanks.

I am little confused.

So a factory was raided without Big Jokes direction? and why is it a big problem? Does local immigration not have its own duty and authority to raid  businesses which they believe could be doing something illegal or is it a case of factory being owned by someone important?

Sorry, but I'm not getting what the issue is here, based on the TVF article translation in the OP?

--Is it that Immigration raided a factory on an unscheduled basis, whereas it was supposed to be on a scheduled basis, as in, they don't want to create any grief/surprises for the Thai factory owner?

--Or that a raid occurred that somehow wasn't properly ordered -- although, those behind the raid seem to have been the local Immigration commander and his subordinates, who presumably are responsible for enforcement in their area.

--Or something else entirely that I'm missing. Totally flummoxed here.

I don't see why boss got hot ears;)

?

These transfers just spread the rot.  Cut off the gangrene.  Loss of pension, audit of bank accounts. Invite people to come forward with complaints.  Make Public feel safe to call out these guys if corrupt.   

I've been told  government workers can't talk bad about anything especially the junta it they can lose their job, not get promoted.   This is why only retired teachers are involved in protesting the school loan/insurance scam. 

On 10/30/2018 at 3:20 PM, BestB said:

I am little confused.

So a factory was raided without Big Jokes direction? and why is it a big problem? Does local immigration not have its own duty and authority to raid  businesses which they believe could be doing something illegal or is it a case of factory being owned by someone important?

yes but he might miss out on glory/photo op.

Archived