Chiang Rai: Father surrenders after allegedly killing drunk son

webfact

Father surrenders after allegedly killing drunk son

By The Nation

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFhuQzXa5P8jl4wcRGVeRB4GFMPoz.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A father in Chiang Rai province surrendered to police after he confessed to hitting and killing his son at his house on Sunday night though he claimed to have acted in self-defence.

Uthit Kantha-inta, 48, waited for police at his house in Ban Pa Sang village in Tambon Pa Sang, Wiang Chaing Rung district, after allegedly beating his son, Rachan Kantha-inta, 27, to death at 8pm.

Uthit reportedly told police that his son came home drunk, carrying a 70-cm iron stick and threatened to damage several vehicles in the house compound.

Uthit said he pleaded with Rachan to stop and leave but he intimidated other people in the house and threatened to set fire to a motorcycle.

Uthit said he and his son got into a fight when he tried to snatch the iron rod and lighter. His son lost his balance and fell down. Uthit said he managed to pull the iron rod from his son and hit the back of Rachan’s head three times out of fear that the son would beat him up. But Uthit said he hit his son too hard and ended up killing Rachan.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357422

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-29

8 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

Was he drunk too? Usually the apple don´t fall far from the tree

Possibly or possibly not.Idiots (usually male) effected by alcohol are a force to be reckoned with.

Alcohol is the worlds greatest drug scourge.I should know,I used to drag their violent butts (along with the usual drug addicts) out of police paddy wagons and fill them full of Haloperidol and Midazolam.

Never blame family or folks who have to deal with idiots effected by drugs or alcohol until the full facts emerge.

Just now, MaksimMislavsky said:

Arguably this is no longer the case. Equality rules.

Nope.Neither arguably or anything else..

After all we have had 70,000 years of male homo sapiens have we not?

They have given us pretty good wars,massacres,slaughters and sundry other despicable events..

2 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

No, Of course not! I had his full right to lose control totally and beat his drunk son to death.

Or protect himself,his family and his property..I have seen enough violent drunks to last me two lifetimes..tho' curiously enough,I only ever saw a couple in Thailand.

Being a violent drunk is,of course,mandatory in the West.

Kicks of with Beowulf.Never gets any better.

15 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Or protect himself,his family and his property..I have seen enough violent drunks to last me two lifetimes..tho' curiously enough,I only ever saw a couple in Thailand.

Being a violent drunk is,of course,mandatory in the West.

Kicks of with Beowulf.Never gets any better.

If you read the OP, it was the father stating that he beat him 3 times with the metal pole. Even he is sad and know that it would have been enough with one time. Mean he lost control and did not have the right. Trying to discuss against facts, also never get any better.

1 minute ago, HappyAndRich said:

If you read the OP, it was the father stating that he beat him 3 times with the metal pole. Even he is sad and know that it would have been enough with one time. Mean he lost control and did not have the right. Trying to discuss against facts, also never get any better.

Sorry..

You think that hitting him once would do the trick..but hitting him three times was a tad excessive?

Hindsight and remorse are curious things.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:01 PM, Odysseus123 said:

Nope.Neither arguably or anything else..

After all we have had 70,000 years of male homo sapiens have we not?

They have given us pretty good wars,massacres,slaughters and sundry other despicable events..

I thought homo erectus came in there somewhere? (History was never my forte)

Archived