Dutch man, 49, found hanged from the bars of his Koh Chang room

webfact

Dutch man, 49, found hanged from the bars of his Koh Chang room

44938628_1977872922305898_8888209062706020352_n.jpg

Picture: Koh Chang Rescue Volunteers

Sawang Boriboon rescue foundation reported that they went to a rented room in the Bang Bao area of Koh Chang after reports that a foreigner had died there. 

The victim was found hanged to the bars of a window in the room.

A passport pictured on the Facebook site of the foundation was in the name of David Venneman, aged 49, from the Netherlands.

Police Lt Colonel Prasat Samatkun is leading the investigation. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-29

15 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

Sounds like a very hard way to hang himself. If he wasn´t a midget, that will say.

Anyway, RIP to the man.

You can hang yourself from a door knob, you don't have to be 2 metres off the ground.

16 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

Sounds like a very hard way to hang himself. If he wasn´t a midget, that will say.

Anyway, RIP to the man.

Looking at his Facebook profile he had nothing to be depressed about.

Somethings not right here.

He just opened a scuba school a month a go , some jalouse competitor comes trough my mind.

I hope they investigate thoroughly.

17 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

Anyway, RIP to the man.

People have been found hanged in a sitting position. There was a case, still unsolved I believe, in the UK of an Aikido expert and local bouncer found hanged sitting down with his belt tied to some railings. IIRC he was over 6 feet tall.

5 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Looking at his Facebook profile he had nothing to be depressed about.

Somethings not right here.

He just opened a scuba school a month a go , some jalouse competitor comes trough my mind.

I hope they investigate thoroughly.

It is an ongoing investigation & the truth will be told. Unlike many other places, the Koh Chang police force do not believe everything they see. They do investigate and are very good at what they do. We might not like the final story but it will be the truth and not hearsay.  I would just like to add that I am a personal friend of David, one of many that he has here on the island and not one of us believe the suicide slant on this story. RIP my friend 

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

People have been found hanged in a sitting position. There was a case, still unsolved I believe, in the UK of an Aikido expert and local bouncer found hanged sitting down with his belt tied to some railings. IIRC he was over 6 feet tall.

Still sounds like a hard way.

Archived