US Embassy Consular Outreach In Udon Thani On November 7th

American Legion Post TH01

Just got his in an STEP email.

Seal with white background 

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Udon Thani.

Date: 7 November 2018
Time
:  12:00pm – 3:00pm  
Venue:  
Centara Hotel & Convention Centre Udon Thani
Address: 277/1 Prajaksillapakhom Road, Amphur Muang, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand
Hotel phone: +66 (0) 4234 3555

E-mail: [email protected]

No appointment necessary, services are provided on a first come – first serve basis.

To expedite your service, please consider arriving with your documents filled-out completely, correctlyand NOT signed. Documents, forms and applications can be accessed by clicking on any of the below listed links.

SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON 7 NOVEMBER 2018

Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 34 THB to 1 USD            

PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you. 

IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.

PAYMENT METHOD

Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.

All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT. 

All Bank Drafts must be:                                                      

• Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB). 
    • You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
    • Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
    • Drafts from banks other than those listed above cannot be accepted
  • Purchased in advance.
  • Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok” (Incorrect or misspelled bank drafts cannot be accepted)
  • In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
  • At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach. 
    • Fees and exchange rates are included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website.
  • Submitted at the time of service.
  • You can show below information to the bank:

ลูกค้าท่านนี้ต้องการซื้อแบงค์ดร๊าฟ (สกุลเงินบาทเท่านั้น)
ตามจำนวนเงินที่ระบุด้านหลังสั่งจ่ายถึง
“American Embassy Bangkok”
รบกวนช่วยอำนวยความสะดวกให้ด้วยค่ะ

Delivery Service: Thai Post will mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.

Please note:

• Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
  • Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or the Consulate in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD).

RETURN OF PASSPORT 

Please be advised all passports are now being returned by mail. To retrieve your new passport:

Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach event for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services. Our staff will CANCEL your current passport at the outreach event. Your new passport will be returned by mail.  

NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS:

Bangkok Bank

154 Prachak Rd, Markkaeng,

Muang, Udon Thani 41000

Tel: 042-221-505 or 042-221-556

Bangkok Bank

227 Pho Sri Rd, Markkaeng,

Muang, Udon Thani 41000

Tel: 042-221-777 or 042-221-222

Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)

184 Prachak Rd, Markkaeng,

Muang, Udon Thani 41000

Tel: 042-247-720 or 042-247-725

You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.

SPECIAL NOTES

CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD AND AUTHENTICATION OF SIGNATURE SERVICES CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.

Since October 1, 2017, all beneficiaries and applicants living in Thailand must direct all questions regarding Social Security to SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines at [email protected]. Please visit http://www.ssa.gov for more Social Security information.

For other outreach dates and locations please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/

For information on US Citizen Services please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/

For questions please email [email protected]

Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK.

1 hour ago, walkoff said:

If a "Income Affidavit' is gotten before the advertised "cutoff" date by the US Embassy is Thai Imm going to accept it for extension of stay on yearly renewal

Yes they will accept one. They can be used for 6 months to apply for an extension of stay.

When is the next time they come to Udon. I'm sad I missed this opportunity. I really don't want to go to bkk, but I need an income verification letter before year end. Please, if anyone knows their udon visitation schedule, please post. Thanks. 

13 hours ago, bumpity said:

When is the next time they come to Udon. I'm sad I missed this opportunity. I really don't want to go to bkk, but I need an income verification letter before year end. Please, if anyone knows their udon visitation schedule, please post. Thanks. 

Not until next year.

Normally the next one would be in February or March in Khoen Khen.

Archived