Registering address retirement extension

12 month extension based on retirement (non imm o visa), obtained through an agent four months ago. First 90 day report was done by agent. Agent now advised me that I need to contact my local immigration (I live in Bangkok) and register my current address as immigration now no longer allow agents to do the 90 day report on behalf of customers.The agent obtained the extension from an upcountry immigration office. My questions are, what are the requirements for registering my address and could there be problems at immigration given the above?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need a to do a TM28 form when you do your 90 day report to formally change your address to Bangkok if the agent did the last one at the office that issued your extension. Be sure you have the receipt for that report with you when you go to immigration.

Download: TM28 Change of Address

Thank you. the agent suggested I may need to register my address now (TM30?) prior to doing the next 90 day report (in December). Is this correct? Can I change my address (TM28) on the same day as the 90 day report? Do you mean the receipt for the last 90 day report? I have it. The way I understand it I have to go to immigration soon with a TM30, then on the day of the next 90 day report do a TM28 and the report together.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Chaeng Wattana immigration do not normally ask for a TM30 form.

Yes the receipt for the 90 day report.

You could do the 90 day report and a TM28 form at the same time.

So it would seem it may not be necessary to make 2 trips, one with a TM30 and the second with a T28 and to do the 90 day report. I should only make one trip when I do the second 90 day report mid December together with a T28. It seems that it is not necessary to notify them before my 90 day report of my change of address. Could there be any hiccups? Is this correct? Sorry to sound repetitive, I want to make sure I understand. Thanks for your advise Joe. Much appreciated

Edited by johnny1966

i think some people worry too much about the requirements for 90 day reporting ???

there seem to be so many variations of the requirements??

for me--i will continue to make short trips out of thailand, approx every 88 days.

i have a multi entry non o retirement extension...

so far this plan has not caused me any problems.

i dont want to ever have to grovel to an immigration officers 'changing moods'..

i like clarity-black and white...

3 minutes ago, murraynz said:

i think some people worry too much about the requirements for 90 day reporting ???

there seem to be so many variations of the requirements??

I think that it is precisely because there are so many variations of the requirements that some people worry a lot about them!