Not again! Jail threat to foreign graffiti artists at Chiang Mai cave

webfact

Someone has scratched their name on a rock, jail time for 20 years and banned from entering the country ever again.

Someone might go in that cave to have a look at the scratchings and become world famous if they get stuck. 

That would seriously bugger up the powers that be.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PREM-R said:

Nothing new under the sun...... This was done to a cave in Lascaux in France..... 20,000 years ago.

Lascaux_painting.jpg

????

OP, you call them " graffiti artists" ? look here, grotte Chauvet, also in France, 36000 years ago  

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=grotte+chauvet&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjO7MWX8a3eAhUUbo8KHcfnCOUQ7Al6BAgBEA0&biw=1152&bih=615

I see many comments saying that the government is singling out foreigners, but not prosecute their own people.

I said it before, though it is not right that Thais do it as well, it is in the end THEIR country. I would never punish my children as hard as other children if they did something to my house. These foreigners come to visit this country and think they can do whatever they like. I hope the authorities will get them and make an example for those imbeciles who think to get away with it.

3 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

Dish out penalties such as apply in Singapore.

Use the RATTAN CANE on these Foreing Scum Bags and ensure it gets WORLD WIDE PUBLICITY to discourage similar activities by other “Morons.”

I like what you say yes. Then ban fir life

There are some people who believe writing their name in a public place or nature site is the same as an ancient cave drawing. This speaks to the intellect of people who do these crimes. Give them a stiff sentence and a hefty fine. Then toss them over to their embassy for immediate expulsion.  If I were King I would have their parents publicly flogged for not doing a better job of raising their offspring prior to allowing them to be released from the comfort of Thai prison. Oh... if I were only King...

LOL...……..talk about click bait and fish biting.....it's a cave !!! LOL

hardly anything worth talking about or creating a fuss about

you should perhaps worry more about the mentality of someone who sees scrawling on a cave wall as a major crime.

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Defacing Thailand is a reserved occupation there a whole government department dedicated to it ????

Bravo, :clap2:We must stay faithful to TV! Where would we go if we start to find a thread without disparagement :whistling:Pfffff                              Thank you I was going to worry about an OP without anyone bashing this (deleted) country, I feel better:tongue:

4 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

Where's the evidence that foreigners did it?  Thais tag in English!

Shhhh.. ! Don't tell that to the "hang them high brigade" here, it might burn their sanctimonious brains..

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

Wow tough justice !

I wonder what you would propose for those who seize the country at gunpoint , restrict human rights , cancel elections etc ?

You are completely off topic and in addition, you forget to talk about Koh Tao and "Boss" the Red Bull heir :whistling:Pfffff

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

People who do this should be caught, and given the maximum sentence possible, then banned for life. 

Execution would do the trick and send a message to future deviants. 

1 hour ago, Thaijack2014 said:

I see many comments saying that the government is singling out foreigners, but not prosecute their own people.

I said it before, though it is not right that Thais do it as well, it is in the end THEIR country. I would never punish my children as hard as other children if they did something to my house. These foreigners come to visit this country and think they can do whatever they like. I hope the authorities will get them and make an example for those imbeciles who think to get away with it.

Ever heard the expression ' When in Rome ' ? I thoroughly dislike graffiti but if the locals dont set an example , why should visitors be expected to do better.

Thailand is becoming a giant rubbish tip , many of its inhabitants seemingly care nothing for their environment , yet it is foreigners that are singled out for blame.

Its not right and its not helpfull, those living in glass houses should not throw stones !

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Someone should sneak into a cave and write Prayuth and Prawits name somewhere prominent. Add Sutheps for good measure.

And there was Suthep on the TV today, how is it this man is not in prison.  Answers on a postage stamp please.

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

You are completely off topic and in addition, you forget to talk about Koh Tao and "Boss" the Red Bull heir :whistling:Pfffff

Oh I think its entirely on topic to illustrate a ridiculous over reaction and lack of priority. If one has to get riled then best to concentrate on issues that really matter .

These “all important, look at me” disrespectful scum should be given the same respect they’ve shown towards the Thai culture, history and nature....None!!!!

They’re so privileged and important that they think people want to read their names when visiting theses places. Let them write their names on the goal cell walls!

No sympathy for arrogant disrespectful picks.

4 hours ago, phetpeter said:

At least when I was a kid the worst we did was to steal some chalk from school and use it, perhaps because we knew it could be washed off!

Wow, you are a thief and a vandal and try to trivialize it. Perhaps you stole and used the chalk more because it was cheaper than buying a can of paint.

34 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Ever heard the expression ' When in Rome ' ? I thoroughly dislike graffiti but if the locals dont set an example , why should visitors be expected to do better.

Thailand is becoming a giant rubbish tip , many of its inhabitants seemingly care nothing for their environment , yet it is foreigners that are singled out for blame.

Its not right and its not helpfull, those living in glass houses should not throw stones !

I can do as I please in my own glass house......you cannot!!!!

when you’re a guest you show respect.

how dare these people enter another country and deface property.

By all means come in...but do not rearrange the furniture!!

The Thai’s seem to be more of Classic creative Banksy’s than the modern Ugg’Ugg’ foreigners. Ah ! That’s the one ‘foreigners’ how dare they. Shessh man the amount of modern Thai Graffitti and in Cave all over Thailand. 

Anyhow, ‘f’ authoritarianism, man ! Where are the victims of this, oh that’s right ‘the offended ones’, man up, women up ! 

https://goo.gl/images/hvHLzb

Archived