Not again! Jail threat to foreign graffiti artists at Chiang Mai cave

webfact

13 hours ago, Rod the Sod said:

Oh boy - if that is your limit of comparison then you are as bad as the pillo**s that spray graffiti today. Back then they didn't have FB et al knob head. That is all they had and people in their millions go to admire it. A really un-smart comment. Go back to the Z gen sites

May I apologize for my attempt at humour not being to your satisfaction.  I hope that whatever made you so unhappy will soon be resolved and you will have happier days ahead. Chok Dee

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

This is not a farang only issue although the media is framing this a exactly that.  But how often do we hear of a BIB manhunt for Thai graffiti artists in the media?  I can't think of any, but correct me if I'm off base.

Please dont mix in street art and this kind of mindless tagging / vandalism.. 

tourist locations ,temples and government offices none of these have I seen , Thai graffiti on , have you ? see a lot off bullshit comments  here , I started seeing a lot of western graffiti around club med at Kata beach years ago, and now more and more of it , in tourist spots ,yes there is Thai graffiti in certain areas ,  where there was none before,  idiots copping American gang tags ,  but those people are caught its just not splashed over the news papers. But when people , tag scribble there crap in tourist caves in national parks , temples walls , government buildings etc , why do morons stand up for them , or are they the same moron who do this shit ?

This is not art its vandalizing ,national parks , etc , the Thai people have invested millions , so people can visit there sites not to destroy them ,just <deleted> up retards do that.

On 10/30/2018 at 2:21 PM, Just1Voice said:

People who do this should be caught, and given the maximum sentence possible, then banned for life. 

Make me ashamed to be a "farang" - I honestly wonder whether corporal punishment should have been banned! It seems like the "nanny state" is now reaping its benefits - no respect for authority at home or abroad, and if you happen to catch these miscreants misbehaving and you give them a "clip round the ear" you are the one who ends up in court!

7 minutes ago, shan777 said:

tourist locations ,temples and government offices none of these have I seen , Thai graffiti on , have you ? see a lot off bullshit comments  here , I started seeing a lot of western graffiti around club med at Kata beach years ago, and now more and more of it , in tourist spots ,yes there is Thai graffiti in certain areas ,  where there was none before,  idiots copping American gang tags ,  but those people are caught its just not splashed over the news papers. But when people , tag scribble there crap in tourist caves in national parks , temples walls , government buildings etc , why do morons stand up for them , or are they the same moron who do this shit ?

This is not art its vandalizing ,national parks , etc , the Thai people have invested millions , so people can visit there sites not to destroy them ,just <deleted> up retards do that.

I wholeheartedly agree with most of your post but "Thai people have invested millions"?

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

Make me ashamed to be a "farang" - I honestly wonder whether corporal punishment should have been banned! It seems like the "nanny state" is now reaping its benefits - no respect for authority at home or abroad, and if you happen to catch these miscreants misbehaving and you give them a "clip round the ear" you are the one who ends up in court!

not in Thailand, you as a Farang cant clip them around the ear , 40 would come out off the wood work , and attack you ,  before asking why .

whether a thai defacing property is worse than some tourist farang doing the same thing is a matter of opinion. what is fact is when you're found guilty of this crime you can face a stiff penalty. The book should be thrown at all who do this equally, but if the thai's can only hit the farangs so be it, there is already enough suffering in the world. 

21 hours ago, Ctkong said:

This is their creative writing avenue...

every time I read this forum it's remind me of when I was visiting my grandpa at the retirement house... Is so bad people coming to paradise and live like this.

It;s a course to be young and rich I want to be like them old and T.

not so surprising, descendants of the guys placed graffiti on the pyramids of Egypt, more than a century ago!

and this idiot and arrogant behavior and disrespect still continues. wonder what happens if i scribe my name on the pillars of Stonehenge!?

such guys need to be jailed. at least jail one guy hard and i am sure this will be a good example to everyone.

2013-635211675029860379-986 (1).jpg

graffiti4.jpg

On 10/30/2018 at 7:06 PM, joecoolfrog said:

Ever heard the expression ' When in Rome ' ? I thoroughly dislike graffiti but if the locals dont set an example , why should visitors be expected to do better.

Thailand is becoming a giant rubbish tip , many of its inhabitants seemingly care nothing for their environment , yet it is foreigners that are singled out for blame.

Its not right and its not helpfull, those living in glass houses should not throw stones !

When in Rome... meaning not to do the wrong things, but do the right things, the respectful things. It is already bad enough if your own people don't know how to deal with pollution and destruction. The last thing a country (any country) is waiting for foreigners to do "their part of the damage". Do that in your own country!

On October 30, 2018 at 1:12 AM, observer90210 said:

Put CCTV on all such sites, all over the country.

The young teenate and post teenage brainless turds from the west (or even perhaps from Thailand) need close monitoring and appropriate severe punishment if caught, as that is the only language these generations can understand.

Unfortunately that puts everyone on camera and these sites are not enjoyable to many when your being watched that closely.

they dont seem to get this problem at Siem reap, not sure why

Archived