Thai man apologizes for foul mouthed rant after "brake failure" pile up

webfact

Thai man apologizes for foul mouthed rant after "brake failure" pile up

2PM.jpg

video screenshot

Thai social media comment was rife after an accident in Saraburi north of Bangkok when a truck carrying cement plowed into the back of a car carrying a man with his wife and one year old daughter. 

As the driver of the truck explained that he had experienced "brake failure" the Mitsubishi car owner used a stream of foul language in the direction of the trucker.

Much of it was based on stereotypes of city folk having a go at people from the countryside of Isan, Thailand's north east. 

A policeman at the scene stood between the two. 

The car driver later apologized on social media for his outburst saying he was furious that his wife and one year old child were now in hospital - and his car was trashed. 

Four vehicles were damaged in the pile-up at the lights. 

The driver of the truck - 51 year old Kan Inthaweeset - explained his truck had brake failure and he had tried to take evasive action but couldn't avoid the car in front as he sought to mount the central reservation. 

The presenter of the Thai Rath video on Facebook said she would not repeat the foul language herself. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-30

true any bullshit excuse, trucks and buses never checked after an accident, i got hit in the rear in the UK years ago, doddery old bugger ,* Brakes failed* i checked nothing wrong with his brakes, he was coasting down a hill, panicked and was pressing the clutch pedal. i was with my EX wifes best mate at the time, oh oh she had to wear a collar, said she fell down the stairs, (a likely story ) lol

Fair enough - A guy in charge of an HGV claims his brakes failed... Really, he failed to check his vehicle was in safe operating condition, either that or he lied and fell asleep at the wheel or was not paying attention etc... 

The brake failure is the go-to excuse and its usually complete BS.... I support the guy who's family was placed in mortal risk because of an idiot lorry driver, if his only response was words and nothing worse than harsh words all I can say is good on him for his restraint. 

I had to laugh at the computer generated reconstruction of the event showing a nice shiny new truck in comparison to the actual break failure truck.

1722519715_Thaimanapologizesforfoulmouthedrantafterbrakefailure360Mp4.mp4_snapshot_01.54_2018_10.30_15.15_10.jpg.ea7a45235102c772462d45d295a2c865.jpg

The black Mitsubishi driver  rightly asks the truck driver if his vehicle is even fit to be on the road !!!!

34 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

For how long more will people in Thailand think they can get away and be forgiven with a couple of graceful waïs and appologies ?

Don't hold you're breath on it,...not in our life time !!!!

Do cars, pick ups and big trucks EVER have their brakes checked?

I'm sorry.  Redundant question. lol

Yes (amazingly) at the yearly
"certificate of road worthiness" testing centers...how so many pass the test there but fail on the road is errrm......errrr....ohhh...unknown ??

5 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

In reality, he was probably on his Smartphone, oblivious to all around him !

In reality it came as a shock that his eight wheeler didn't stop as quickly fully laden as it did when it was empty....what's all that about he asked, must be brake failure.

His brakes might be okay. The problem might be due to excess speed and lack of concentration, braking when it is too late. Seems to be happening a lot with people who are glued to a mobile phone whilst driving or otherwise distracted. Not just a Thai issue. I’m always a bit nervous slowing into a crowd of traffic when I’d previously been going at speed, especially if there are cars and lorries behind me.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

For how long more will people in Thailand think they can get away and be forgiven with a couple of graceful waïs and appologies ?

As long as the stupid law allows them to

Ah the age of no one liking to be called  a  "ferkin idjut" when it's exactly what they need to be told.........oh  no, must never utter anything to these imbeciles thats way worse then the idjut ploughing into them, lets' hope the social media idjuts jump on this vile vile behaviour of the victim.

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

true any bullshit excuse, trucks and buses never checked after an accident, i got hit in the rear in the UK years ago, doddery old bugger ,* Brakes failed* i checked nothing wrong with his brakes, he was coasting down a hill, panicked and was pressing the clutch pedal. i was with my EX wifes best mate at the time, oh oh she had to wear a collar, said she fell down the stairs, (a likely story ) lol

My family got hit by a bus while they were at traffic lights. 

Blew out every window & trashed 4 cars it total. My daughter who was out of the car seat being breast fed, ended up going from the back seat to the front.

The bus driver claimed brake failure, then managed to drive to the local police station in the same bus. No-one batted an eyelid.

2 hours ago, Redline said:

The owner, driver, and the person that passed the truck off as safe after not inspecting it for a few baht are all responsible and should pay dearly.  I would have knocked that guy out

So you believe this accident had something to do with brake failure then?

Brake failure isn't a excuse It's perfectly right in Thailand. you may ask Why? It's because the trucks /cars/brakes Never get checked/ serviced. we as a drivers had to check/adjust the brakes of truck & trailer before going on trips  and especially onMountain trips (no excuses) if you don't you Die.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair enough - A guy in charge of an HGV claims his brakes failed... Really, he failed to check his vehicle was in safe operating condition, either that or he lied and fell asleep at the wheel or was not paying attention etc... 

The brake failure is the go-to excuse and its usually complete BS.... I support the guy who's family was placed in mortal risk because of an idiot lorry driver, if his only response was words and nothing worse than harsh words all I can say is good on him for his restraint. 

Truth be told most vehicles are loaded to the maximum and above... a lorry has as most vesicles do have a maximum load carrying capacity, this is to ensure correct engine power efficiency & braking capacity!

Loaded over and above the maximum renders the braking system in effective in normal circumstances let a lone an emergency braking situation...

it would be interesting to know if the police ever check the cargo load against the vehicle capacity & prosecute where necessary !!

Just another incident of Thai brake failure accidents that will be firmly CEMENTED into the annals of road accidents here.

At least this time they have CONCRETE evidence.

Okay, Okay I could go on a little more but of course it will get harder.

SOOOOORRRRRRYYYYY

Archived