Converting Non Imm O to retirement (paperwork requirements)

Hello Everyone. I am in the process of finalizing my retirement visa and can't figure a few essential details for the next step to convert to a one year stay based on retirement. Here's what's happened so far:

-August 23: Went to Penang and obtained a 1-year Non-Imm O (multiple entry). I provided an income affidavit letter from the US embassy, bank statements from my US bank (I do not have a Thai bank account), and a letter from my Bangkok landlord (Penang consulate kept all copies)

-Oct 3. I left and returned to Thailand after a 2 week trip to the US and was stopped at airport immigration upon returning. They said I needed to convert my Non-Imm O for retirement if before I leave and return to Thailand. They gave me a new 90-day stamp until Jan 1.

-I am preparing to go to Bangkok immigration office to convert to a one year stay based on retirement. But, what paperwork will I need to present?

I only have funds in US banks (which sufficed at the Penang consulate). Will the Bangkok immigration office accept US bank statements? Or...do I now need to open a Thai bank account, assuming I can, and deposit 65k for 3 months in a row (I do not want to use the 800k all at once approach).

And, finally, have I complicated the application date by entering/leaving Thailand before the end of the first 90 day stamp which commenced in late August? If I have to wait to go to immigration until the last 30 days of my entry stamp, which date to I use to time that out...8/24 or 10/3?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

Edited by bangkokgalaxy

You can apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 45 day of the 90 day entry you have. That is 45 days before January 1st if that is the admitted until date on your entry stamp.

You will need your income affidavit. If you still have the original of the one you got before it will be accepted,

Immigration are still only accepting the income affidavit for proof of income. No need for bank statements.