Woman caught peeing in the street in Bangkok was "foreigner" - fined 2,000 baht

snoop1130

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

Not long ago in Cm I was hanging out on my bike and saw a few cute chinese gals walking by--I always enjoy looking at a couple of cuties..until..boom..out of nowhere one just squatted right in the middle of the road and took a tinkle as her friends hung out and acted as no big deal..in the middle of the street on a busy street at that......kinda ruined it for me...so much for ducking behind the  bushes....

In some SEA Nations "ducking behind the bushes" ends with rape so it's quite understandable why this may not be the preferred option. I believe that in the UK it's still acceptable (regardless of whether its actually a law) to take a leak against the OSR wheel of a vehicle, basically a way to accommodate those caught short when on a highway/motorway. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Motorbike taxi drivers pee in public all day long.  It's disgusting and I've yet to see a cop write a ticket for any of them.  

It is done by taxi drivers, van drivers, bus drivers and actually any driver. I see it everyday. It's disgusting. They just stop the car on the shoulder and do the peeing in public. The police doesn't do anything about it. But with this case, what a fuss. The police actually found the person to fine it. Utter disgrace!

12 hours ago, Darcula said:

No prizes for guessing. Yup, definitely kungfu style.

I guess you are correct as they to not want to embarras the Northern Big Neighbor more ….

They are not shy of mentioning other nationalities. 

But I may be wrong.

I just call bs to this and a saving of face.  No name of the suspect, no picture of her (face blurred or not) at the police station sitting and talking about it, no nationality and that video is so blurry and with so little detail it would be VERY hard to figure out who she was unless they did a pretty serious sweet of camera's in the area, assuming there are some, followed the taxi to its destination, followed her until they got a good face image and then traced it back to her passport/entry picture.

Me thinks it was likely a Thai lady and they decided to take the easy way out, blame someone else, say all is good, now be on with yourself.

10 hours ago, MARK74 said:

fined her for having to take a piss and doing it outside instead of inside a taxi who needs his cab to work?? As if she had a choice.

Fine the freaky weirdo who thought it was normal to take a video of her in such circumstances and then stick it all over the web.

Due to her compassionate consideration, the 2000 baht fine is actually a 90% discount from the original amount. 

10 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Not long ago in Cm I was hanging out on my bike and saw a few cute chinese gals walking by--I always enjoy looking at a couple of cuties..until..boom..out of nowhere one just squatted right in the middle of the road and took a tinkle as her friends hung out and acted as no big deal..in the middle of the street on a busy street at that......kinda ruined it for me...so much for ducking behind the  bushes....

They knew you were watching and that's why.

Phew, it was a foreigner. What does it matter where she was from and why need a follow up story, and if you are going to bother with follow up story and headline it is a "foreigner" then why not state where she is from?

The anti foreigner attitude flowing through this country is very scary now. I know Thailand is a "developing" country and political correctness is not something Thai people give a toss about but does Thailand really want to spread constant messages of "foreigner bad"! Like any country there are good and bad everywhere, including Thailand and Thai people.

Do they not see how damaging it is for their international reputation? I am not saying don't enforce the law, just enforce it and stop making a song and dance about every foreigner committing a misdemeanour. 

Anyway, glad the police spent the time and money tracking the foreigner down, after all the streets are free from crime and drugs so they have nothing better to spend time and resources on.

6 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Why is it that when a foreigner pee's in the street it makes the news and yet when Thai people do it (which I do see every day) there's nothing said???? Double standards maybe!

Yes, exactly right. Thai authorities are on a drive to send a message of "anti foreigner" right now. I am guessing to feed the countries xenophobic attitude and create populist policies for the forthcoming election. 

I am stuck here with a business right now, but I really want to get out of this place. 

12 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Motorbike taxi drivers pee in public all day long.  It's disgusting and I've yet to see a cop write a ticket for any of them.  

I saw a motocy-taxi with a lady on the back here on a backroad...he stopped at a field, went to have a leak while the lady was standing behind him....after that they continued their way...the lady didn't know where to look.????

Archived