Woman caught peeing in the street in Bangkok was "foreigner" - fined 2,000 baht

snoop1130

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Yes, exactly right. Thai authorities are on a drive to send a message of "anti foreigner" right now. I am guessing to feed the countries xenophobic attitude and create populist policies for the forthcoming election. 

I am stuck here with a business right now, but I really want to get out of this place. 

I'll relieve you off that business now if you want to scoot off ????

55 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Why is it that when a foreigner pee's in the street it makes the news and yet when Thai people do it (which I do see every day) there's nothing said???? Double standards maybe!

Wow. You see people getting out of traffic jams and peeing in the road everyday? You're amazing ... Nope you're a clown

13 hours ago, DeeMak9 said:

She most likely did not have a choice. Fining her any amount is just a dick move.

Her option was to pee in the Taxi for a significant higher cost so she chose the cheapest one.. a :wai: and 2000thb fine its much cheaper than to compensate for the loss of 1 night income for the Taxi driver + overpriced internal cleaning of the car....

13 hours ago, sanemax said:

Can anyone honestly say that they've never pissed in public ?

Send me your details I will forward them to Thong Lor Police????

Thai men do it everywhere...............but thats  different.......apparently!

27 minutes ago, MrJohnson said:

So if I happen to take a video of the taxi drivers (who treat our street like a public toilet) and post it on social media will the police come and arrest them? Somehow I doubt it.

Nope, but they will arrest you for tarnishing the "good  name" of  Thailand..............u bad bad whitey. ( assumed u r a whitey apologies if in Thai words u r a darky or semi darky)

25 minutes ago, Tiredofglasshalfemptyexpat said:

Wow. You see people getting out of traffic jams and peeing in the road everyday? You're amazing ... Nope you're a clown

Suggest getting "out and about" a  bit  more.

Best one I ever saw was in a  PTT forecourt about 30 metres form their toilets and actually in their premises.

Are they for real?Of course there are an abundance of public toilets in that area.What about the hundreds of taxi drivers I have seen over many years in Soi 19 and on the motorways from both airports Pissing on the side of the road.Well when yourve gotta go you gotta go.

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

Can anyone honestly say that they've never pissed in public ?

Well I for one cannot say that, I believe this culd be a huge revenue earner for the RTP especially if they start fining taxi drivers!! Not a day goes by that I dont see a taxi driver standing away from his cab having a piss! Why do they not use their cab for cover? 

"She was fined 2,000 baht for breaking a 1992 regulation about urinating in a public place or in a public area not designated for urination by the authorities."

Anyone, like me, who has been driving on Thailand's roads over decades can confirm, that cabbies, bus drivers apart from all those people being stucked for kilometres behind toll gates, keep on peeing wherever and whenever possible. Never ever I heard of anyone being fined, quite a few even relieved themselves in the open presence of the police. 

In closing I honestly believe this story is pure bull....t as it is not April's Fool. How on earth can they track down a non-Thai woman, at least 24 hours after the "happening" in Klong Toey and based on what did they make an urine test. Was it a DNA-comparison and who paid for the THB 50K for such a test? As Khon Thai is not peeing - to start with - it had to be blamed on some infidel non-Thai; pathetic! Guess, the officers hunting down peeing women on Asoke where the same who could not find the residence of the Red Bull heir in London (the TV crews though managed to stick a microphone into his quiet mouth) who murdered one of their own! 

This is racist!

I've lived in Thailand for almost 10 years and I always see Thais urinating in public. Everytime I use an ATM at K-Bank in my small thai town, I feel like vomiting because the smell of the tuk-tuk mafias piss stains the walls around it. Have you guys had your nose get a seizure from the stench of piss from Thais in your towns? However, when ONE foreigner has a bathroom emergency in a car, it makes front page news?? 

Thailand needs to stop discriminating against foreigners since their economy depends on them. Thai's get away with a lot and I understand that it's their country, but there's a reason why there are laws and law enforcement. 

Perhaps someone can create a hashtag for social media (#useatoilet) to photograph and shame the local Thais about pissing everywhere like a soi dog. Foreigners are no angel themselves, but at least they ask for a toilet instead of "whipping it out" like a cowboy. 

Archived