Is it possible to be denied entry at an airport with a valid re-entry permit?

Is it possible for the immigration agents at the airport (Don Meung or Suvarnabhumi) to deny someone entry even if they have a valid re-entry permit ahead of time? For example, being told having too many visa stamps/tourist visas or not having 20k cash on hand even with a valid re-entry permit?

The only reports I can recall of anybody having problems entering the with a re-entry permit were people on extensions of stay based upon attending school since it was evident they had not been attending classes which was required for their extensions.

The chances are almost zero if you are on a long stay extension. Having one for a tourist visa entry would have a greater chance of being asked for the 20k baht proof.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

A re-entry permit only keeps your visa valid to re-enter the country..

It has nothing to do with the validity of a visa.

It simply keeps your existing permission to stay or an existing extension of your permission to stay valid.  Many people on long stay extensions haven't had a valid visa in years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A re-entry permit is issued for a existing permit to stay to keep the remainder of it valid when you enter the country. They are not issued for a visa.

There are only 11 reasons for denial of entry to the country under section 12 of the immigration act.

Exactly, therefore the permission of stay has already been granted previously, you are not requesting a new permission of stay.

The only way I see it is for the permission of stay to be revoked, which I find very unlikely.

Short answer is yes.

Anywhere in the world regardless of any visas the Immigration Officer has the right to refuse entry

for any reason. I remember 5 guys with full documentation in place being refused entry into the UK.

Reason given,,,,, national security......

A visa is not a promise nor a right

• Like 1

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

Short answer is yes.

Anywhere in the world regardless of any visas the Immigration Officer has the right to refuse entry

for any reason. I remember 5 guys with full documentation in place being refused entry into the UK.

Reason given,,,,, national security......

A visa is not a promise nor a right

We know that they have the right to refuse entry, we are discussing odds based on the technicalities involved, and in this particular example, the permission of stay has already been granted on a previous occasion and would have to be revoked.

At least that's the way I see it.

9 minutes ago, john west said:

On A reentry permit can I get this from my local Immigration office and what do I need please.

Yes you can.

You will need a completed TM8 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copy of your passport photo page, visa, most recent entry stamp, extension stamp (if any) and TM6 departure card. The fee is 1000 baht for a single re-entry permit or 3800 baht for a multiple.